@divegeester said
    Wut?
    Non logical response sir?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 01:26
    @divegeester said
    I’m not claiming anything, I’m just reflecting the theories being put forward atm.

The universe is not “infinitely large”, the theory is that it may be infinitely expanding. I’m didn’t claim that I know how large it is.
    Yes you did.
    You said "The universe is not infinitely large".

You are doing exactly what I have been complaining about. You are stating theory as fact. If you find a theory compelling that is fine, but stop saying it like it is a fact. Nobody knows how large the universe is.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 14:02
    @metal-brain said
    Yes you did.

You are doing exactly what I have been complaining about. You are stating theory as fact. If you find a theory compelling that is fine, but stop saying it like it is a fact. Nobody knows how large the universe is.
    Your theory is that no one knows how large the universe is. You are stating theory as fact. If you find a theory compelling that is fine, but stop saying it like it is a fact.
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 16:52
    @suzianne said
    Your theory is that no one knows how large the universe is. You are stating theory as fact. If you find a theory compelling that is fine, but stop saying it like it is a fact.
    Do you know one of fact as you seem to suggest that I can look at? I’ve never cared how big the universe is so I’m trying to understand more. I read a couple of the key words used here and pictures provided yesterday for the astrological measurements based on the center of the earth and a couple others. Things like black holes where mass goes in and where it comes out we don’t know, or how many there are and their sizes. Not to mention other things we haven't found that could work together with these black holes and many other possibilities. A rotation of sorts from different forces pushing and pulling giving appearances of faster or any growth?? Any help?
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 17:27
    @suzianne said
    Think of it as a high performance engine add twin turbos “black holes” increase or decrease boost for balance and desired performance. We have it all in a way needed for an engine and universe with all the connections, tubbing working together. Things like the sun “battery” gasses, fuel, elements to create, plug wires, water pump and on in so many ways. Thoughts anyone or her?
  6. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 17:291 edit
    Now does a working engine mean it’s all engines or increasing in size or just working as planed? Does it mean there are even more engines out there or one big one we don’t understand?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 18:50
    @metal-brain said
    Yes you did.

The universe IS expanding, that is a fact.

But that does not mean that it is infinitely large, it might be, it might not.

My suggestion to you is to become more comfortable with ambiguity and the unknown; you will feel more relaxed and open to ideas outside of conspiracy theories.
  8. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Apr '23 19:37
    @divegeester said

My suggestion to you is to become more comfortable with ambiguity and the unknown; you will feel more relaxed and open to ideas outside of conspiracy theories.
    Not understanding the parts of the motor, all of it’s dynamic needs to function, working together in completeness can leave many guessing wouldn’t you say?

If theres an end, what’s after that? Could the outer reaches we’re trying to understand be nothingness with a turbulent form of exhaust exhale from the engine. Things not needed and what would they be or look like? Could these mixtures of matter gasses and whatever else change and distort our current tech along with understanding. If the universe is an extremely perfect engine in this regard what are the odds it could happen again randomly.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 00:12
    @suzianne said
    Are you claiming we can see the entire universe? Yes or no?
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 00:13
    @divegeester said

How fast is the universe expanding?
    If it is a fact you must be able to give us an answer.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 02:16
    @metal-brain said
    How fast is the universe expanding?
    If it is a fact you must be able to give us an answer.
    How fast to you think it's expanding?
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 02:34
    @soothfast said
    How fast to you think it's expanding?
    Nice weak troll.
  13. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 02:52
    @mike69 said
    Nice weak troll.
    I promise that, if ever one of your posts makes even a whit of sense, I'll sit up and take notice. Otherwise you remain a useless spammer at best, and a fount of incoherent babbling that is a pain to scroll past at worst.
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 03:00
    @soothfast said
    I promise that, if ever one of your posts makes even a whit of sense, I'll sit up and take notice. Otherwise you remain a useless spammer at best, and a fount of incoherent babbling that is a pain to scroll past at worst.
    Maybe you’re not trying hard enough or your ego is bruised, or smart enough?
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Apr '23 03:44
    @mike69 said
    Maybe you’re not trying hard enough or your ego is bruised, or smart enough?
    I'll go easy on you since I'm convinced English is not your native language, but I don't take kindly to being accused of trolling. Make a point, or buzz off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree