1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 May '16 15:13
    http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101201/full/news.2010.641.html

American white ibises (Eudocimus albus) from south Florida that consumed methylmercury (MeHg), the most toxic and easily absorbed form of mercury found in the environment, were more likely to engage in same-sex pairings — a phenomenon unknown in wild populations of this species with no exposure to the pollutant.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 May '16 16:52
    Its an interesting report. However, the sample sizes seem a bit small. They had groups of 40 birds, or 20 pairs and found a difference of 13-15% more nests failing. That would appear to be a mere 3 nests. They then say a 'high proportion' failed because of male-male pairings. So lets say 2 cases. Seems a bit too few to be jumping to any conclusions.
    Or am I missing something?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 May '16 19:18
    There are other studies that link environmental toxins to hormonal problems resulting in feminizing males:

http://loe.org/shows/segments.html?programID=11-P13-00001&segmentID=7

Scientists are continuing to sound the alarm about some common chemicals, including the herbicide atrazine, and link them to changes in reproductive health and development. Endocrine disrupting toxic chemicals have been found to feminize male frogs and cause homosexual behavior. Ashley Ahearn reports on how these substances may be affecting human development and behavior.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 May '16 00:13
    Originally posted by Eladar
    There are other studies that link environmental toxins to hormonal problems resulting in feminizing males:

http://loe.org/shows/segments.html?programID=11-P13-00001&segmentID=7

[b]Scientists are continuing to sound the alarm about some common chemicals, including the herbicide atrazine, and link them to changes in reproductive health and development. En ...[text shortened]... ey Ahearn reports on how these substances may be affecting human development and behavior.
    [/b]
    Something as complex as human gender and sexuality is deeply deeply unlikely to have any one cause.
    Your headline is thus almost certainly completely wrong.

Given that there have been gay people for as long as there have been people [we such activity in
    present day Apes and throughout the animal kingdom, and it's been present throughout recorded
    history] it might be true that substances that effect foetus development in the womb or even how
    a babies brain develops after birth could potentially increase the number of people who are gay.
    But it's not going to explain all cases, not by a long-shot...

But, so what if it did...

Such pollutants are already known to be bad and should be prevented from being released into the
    environment [which requires regulations, something I know you give your full support to 🙄 ] and it
    still leaves gay people gay without having made any choice on the subject...

But again, so what if it was a choice...

It's a choice they should be free to make without being discriminated against.
    It doesn't harm anyone and leads to nothing immoral or worthy of prohibiting...

Unless of course your '"moral" guide' is a personal interpretation of an ancient religious text written
    in a dead language by deeply ignorant people.

But that's no way to judge morality, and in your country is an invalid and illegal basis for trying to form laws.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 12:531 edit
    http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101201/full/news.2010.641.html

[b]American white ibises (Eudocimus albus) from south Florida that consumed methylmercury (MeHg), the most toxic and easily absorbed form of mercury found in the environment, were more likely to engage in same-sex pairings — a phenomenon unknown in wild populations of this species with no exposure to the pollutant.
    [/b]
    So your bottom line, so to speak🙂 is take mercury, all of a sudden you are gay.

So have you ever had a filling from a dentist back in the day, they used mercury amalgam for filling. Must be a lot of gay people around then. Don't look that way at a guy now you might get hooked.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    26 May '16 14:55
    I knew it!!

YouTube
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 15:18
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I knew it!!

[youtube]mLRjFWDGs1g[/youtube]
    That is funny on SO many levels🙂
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '16 15:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So your bottom line, so to speak🙂 is take mercury, all of a sudden you are gay.

So have you ever had a filling from a dentist back in the day, they used mercury amalgam for filling. Must be a lot of gay people around then. Don't look that way at a guy now you might get hooked.
    Bottom line is that environmental toxins can mess with hormone production which can result in feminized males.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 17:48
    Bottom line is that environmental toxins can mess with hormone production which can result in feminized males.
    What about the fact there have been gays thousands of years ago when there were no environmental toxins except maybe lead in ancient Rome? So was there mercury in the water of ancient Greece where it was accepted for a warrior to have sex with young boys till they got too old then the boy went out and became a warrior and had his own boy to screw?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '16 18:02
    What about the fact there have been gays thousands of years ago when there were no environmental toxins except maybe lead in ancient Rome? So was there mercury in the water of ancient Greece where it was accepted for a warrior to have sex with young boys till they got too old then the boy went out and became a warrior and had his own boy to screw?
    I did not say it was the only cause, I just said it was a cause. Perhaps some homosexual males can be cured with male hormone therapy.
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    26 May '16 18:09
    I did not say it was the only cause, I just said it was a cause. Perhaps some homosexual males can be cured with male hormone therapy.
    It's not a disease, and does not require curing.

And people have tried such crap before, it doesn't work.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 May '16 18:40
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    It's not a disease, and does not require curing.

And people have tried such crap before, it doesn't work.
    I didn't say it was a disease, just a known result of incorrect hormonal development.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '16 22:52
    I didn't say it was a disease, just a known result of incorrect hormonal development.
    And you learned that in pursuit of your Phd in neurophysiolgy?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '16 17:371 edit
    And you learned that in pursuit of your Phd in neurophysiolgy?
    No, I learned about it while watching the Dr. Becker show. I googled it and found the links.

Here is another link you might find interesting:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/18/research-proves-genderbending-chemicals-affect-reproduction.aspx
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 May '16 17:58
    No, I learned about it while watching the Dr. Becker show. I googled it and found the links.

Here is another link you might find interesting:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/18/research-proves-genderbending-chemicals-affect-reproduction.aspx
    Funny how libtards claim to love science and base their beliefs on physical evidence grounded in reality, until science goes against their ideological beliefs. It is as if their beliefs are really based on a whim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree