1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    No, that's not what I'm saying at all, at least with today's understanding.

I accept the fact that genetic diseases have existed for a very long time. Just because a person is born with a genetic screw up does not mean it is not a genetic screw up. I'm just saying that environmental toxins can mess things up too.
    Homosexuality is a genetic deviation...but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a defect. You use the term "genetic disease"...but homosexuality has no ill affects on the person, unlike actual genetic diseases.

Until you can show that homosexuality causes some harm to the individual, calling it a "disease" has no basis.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 18:57
    Originally posted by vivify
    Homosexuality is a genetic deviation...but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a defect. You use the term "genetic disease"...but homosexuality has no ill affects on the person, unlike actual genetic diseases.

Until you can show that homosexuality causes some harm to the individual, calling it a "disease" has no basis.
    I guess that all depends on how one views homosexuality. If you see nothing wrong with it, then circular reasoning tells you no ill affect.

In other words, no ill affect depends on one's unproven assumptions concerning reality. Pushing one view or the other down another person's throat is immoral.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 19:44
    I guess that all depends on how one views homosexuality. If you see nothing wrong with it, then circular reasoning tells you no ill affect.

In other words, no ill affect depends on one's unproven assumptions concerning reality. Pushing one view or the other down another person's throat is immoral.
    I guess that all depends on how one views curly hair. If you see nothing wrong with it, then circular reasoning tells you no ill affect.

4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I guess that all depends on how one views curly hair. If you see nothing wrong with it, then circular reasoning tells you no ill affect.

I have no problem if you believe curly hair is immoral. There is nothing wrong with that. Your response is just more typical condescending libtard euro trash talk.

Actually have a point that doesn't require bowing down to your belief structure. In Europe lock step belief is important. For true Americans, freedom is more important than lock step belief.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Jun '16 20:06

My opinion on homosexuality is irrelevant. It's a fact that having a homosexual gene causes no harm to the individual; therefore, it's a fact that being gay is not a disease.

Discussion over.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 14:12
    I have no problem if you believe curly hair is immoral. There is nothing wrong with that. Your response is just more typical condescending libtard euro trash talk.

Actually have a point that doesn't require bowing down to your belief structure. In Europe lock step belief is important. For true Americans, freedom is more important than lock step belief.
    Ignoring your vacuous sloganeering for the moment (and the following moments), I disagree with you that there is "nothing wrong" with the notion that having curly hair is "immoral." There's a lot wrong with that. I'll give you a moment to reflect upon the stupidity of such a notion, after which you can consider why it is equally stupid to find being gay "immoral."
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 16:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure some scientists touting an opinion is going to stop the ice melting all over the world? You figure these scientists will be able by just venturing an opinion, able to stop the rise in sea levels? Or the loss of bio-diversity? Just business as usual, don't rock the boat, we WANT the world to go to hell in a handbasket because we already have ou ...[text shortened]... on, WE will be on top and will be the ones calling the tunes.

Is that about it, metallic one?
    "So you figure some scientists touting an opinion is going to stop the ice melting all over the world?"

It is not melting all over the world. It is increasing in Antarctica and other places. Sea level increases are steady and far from alarming, but I'm sure you will continue to ignore that fact and keep sounding the alarm like a fool.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 17:11
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    "So you figure some scientists touting an opinion is going to stop the ice melting all over the world?"

It is not melting all over the world. It is increasing in Antarctica and other places. Sea level increases are steady and far from alarming, but I'm sure you will continue to ignore that fact and keep sounding the alarm like a fool.
    "the scientist who published the ice gain data said he knew deniers would jump on this"

and they did, with both feet. Anything to keep the status quo, keep up the golden parachute, screw the grandkids.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/11/04/nasa-scientist-warned-deniers-would-distort-his/206612
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '16 22:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 15:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    "the scientist who published the ice gain data said he knew deniers would jump on this"

and they did, with both feet. Anything to keep the status quo, keep up the golden parachute, screw the grandkids.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2015/11/04/nasa-scientist-warned-deniers-would-distort-his/206612
    We have been though all of this before and I proved you wrong. Do you have dementia?
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '16 19:57
    We have been though all of this before and I proved you wrong. Do you have dementia?
    You never prove anyone wrong, both because you fail to grasp what proving something actually requires,
    and because you are almost invariable wrong.

Simply stating someone is wrong, or posting a link to a fellow conspiracy nut saying the same thing
    does not prove anything.

I can go on the internets and find someone making just about any claim you care to make up, that does
    not make those claims true.

In this instance, we have the vast majority of experts in a field over a multi decade [at the very least] period
    of time across all nations agreeing on a problem... And a few dissenters who are almost always funded by people
    who stand to loose out if action is taken to solve this problem and who's work is almost always found to be deeply
    flawed and/or wrong.

In such circumstances only a fool would make plans assuming that the dissenters are right.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '16 20:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    My opinion on homosexuality is irrelevant. It's a fact that having a homosexual gene causes no harm to the individual; therefore, it's a fact that being gay is not a disease.

Discussion over.
    You are so caught up in the correctness of your beliefs that you are unable to view your personal belief as anything other than fact. It is sad, but very common.

For that reason a discussion can never take place. All we can have is one point of view being forced on others who disagree. Typical European moral structure. It is not different than having an official State Religion.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '16 19:11
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You never prove anyone wrong, both because you fail to grasp what proving something actually requires,
    and because you are almost invariable wrong.

Simply stating someone is wrong, or posting a link to a fellow conspiracy nut saying the same thing
    does not prove anything.

I can go on the internets and find someone making just about any claim yo ...[text shortened]... g.

In such circumstances only a fool would make plans assuming that the dissenters are right.
    I prove you wrong all the time. You are just in denial of it.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 09:5413 edits
    I prove you wrong all the time. You are just in denial of it.

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum
    You have just scored an own goal with that link:

I take it you haven't even bothered to read even just the first paragraph of that link? As you so often idiotically do when searching for relevant links, you just read the title and idiotically thought that's good enough? Either that, or you moronically pretend the very first paragraph doesn't say what it does.

Here is what that first paragraph of your own link actually says:

"...Antarctica and the Arctic are two very different environments: the former is a continent surrounded by ocean, the latter is ocean enclosed by land. As a result, sea ice behaves very differently in the two regions. While the Antarctic sea ice yearly wintertime maximum extent hit record highs from 2012 to 2014 before returning to average levels in 2015, both the Arctic wintertime maximum and its summer minimum extent have been in a sharp decline for the past decades. Studies show that globally, the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice.
    ..." (my emphases)

-thus, if anything, your link clearly implies evidence of global warming and definitely NOT global cooling.
    You have yet again stupidly scored an own goal. No wonder nobody here ever takes you seriously!
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 14:13
    Originally posted by humy
    You have just scored an own goal with that link:

I take it you haven't even bothered to read even just the first paragraph of that link? As you so often idiotically do when searching for relevant links, you just read the title and idiotically thought that's good enough? Either that, or you moronically pretend the very first paragraph doesn't say what it does ...[text shortened]...
    You have yet again stupidly scored an own goal. No wonder nobody here ever takes you seriously!
    -and I have no idea what any of this has to do with "Mercury causes homosexuality"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree