1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '16 20:372 edits
    http://phys.org/news/2016-06-earth-hottest-nasa.html

-unfortunately I repeatedly find I cannot read this link properly because the stupid ads on it keep crashing my computer before I get any chance.
    But it definitely says "May goes down as Earth's hottest on record: NASA" in its title.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '16 19:05
    Originally posted by humy
    You have just scored an own goal with that link:

I take it you haven't even bothered to read even just the first paragraph of that link? As you so often idiotically do when searching for relevant links, you just read the title and idiotically thought that's good enough? Either that, or you moronically pretend the very first paragraph doesn't say what it does ...[text shortened]...
    You have yet again stupidly scored an own goal. No wonder nobody here ever takes you seriously!
    Irrelevant. I proved ice has increased in Antarctica to Sonhouse. That was my only goal and I did just that. Your effort to move the goal post has failed. You are pathetic!
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Jun '16 06:323 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Irrelevant. I proved ice has increased in Antarctica to Sonhouse. ...
    Your very own link implies it is NOT currently increasing with:

"...While the Antarctic sea ice yearly wintertime maximum extent hit record highs from 2012 to 2014 before returning to average levels in 2015, ...."

Note the "before returning to average levels in 2015" implies it is NOT currently increasing.

It increased for a while in the past, which is no revelation because sometimes it increases and sometimes it decreases i.e. it fluctuates; so what! But if you were hoping to prove a long term future trend for increasing ice; bad fail!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jun '16 17:51
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101201/full/news.2010.641.html

[b]American white ibises (Eudocimus albus) from south Florida that consumed methylmercury (MeHg), the most toxic and easily absorbed form of mercury found in the environment, were more likely to engage in same-sex pairings — a phenomenon unknown in wild populations of this species with no exposure to the pollutant.
    [/b]
    So Mercury causes homosexuality?

I thought that was Uranus that causes that. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree