1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 07:444 edits
    This looks hopeful to me;

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-10-pre-clinical-path-non-addictive-painkillers.html

I know from bitter experience what it is like to be in pain and taking an addictive painkiller; After a while, the so-called 'painkiller' has NO painkilling effect and just causes additional problems.

I particularly hope this will prove to be good for terminally people who are in pain and currently have to face a slow agonizingly painful death even with and despite given conventional painkillers.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 11:20
    Originally posted by @humy

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-10-pre-clinical-path-non-addictive-painkillers.html

I know from bitter experience what it is like to be in pain and taking an addictive painkiller; After a while, the so-called 'painkiller' has NO painkilling effect and just causes additional problems.

I particularly hope this will prove to ...[text shortened]... e to face a slow agonizingly painful death even with and despite given conventional painkillers.
    My wife is in excruciating pain and has been off and on and opiates don't do much but make her sick so she can't take those any more. Is this going to be one of those meds that takes ten years before it comes to market?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 00:06
    Try lots of noni. It may not be a cure all, but it does block pain.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 08:512 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Is this going to be one of those meds that takes ten years before it comes to market?
    Don't know. I wish I knew.
    But I am absolutely certain now that it WILL come! Its just a matter of low long it will take. It cannot possibly come too soon. At any given moment of time, there are countless people across the world who are, even with conventional painkillers, dying in agony from terminal illnesses.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 16:00

I particularly hope this will prove to ...[text shortened]... e to face a slow agonizingly painful death even with and despite given conventional painkillers.
    I'm highly skeptical of these 'non-addictive' claims. How could something that kills a chronic and debilitating pain in a patient not be addictive? Obviously, if it worked to kill the pain you would want more of it. After awhile, you would have a hard time living without it. You haven't fixed the underlying neurological issue, only provided a blanket to cover up the symptom.

Remember when opioids were first synthesized into pill form? Apparently at the time, they thought those weren't addictive either.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 21:392 edits
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    How could something that kills a chronic and debilitating pain in a patient not be addictive?
    Why not?
    If you read the link, it does its best to explain.
    What causes pain on a molecular/cellular level is extremely complex and there must be a vast number of ways to counter it so why not one of those ways not lead to addiction? What causes addition on a molecular/cellular level is extremely complex but, if only we gain sufficient understanding of it, there must be a way of avoiding it while still have the pain relief.
    I have absolutely no doubt that such a non-addictive painkiller will be eventually developed; it is just a question of when.
  7. Joined
    30 Oct '17
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 11:02
    I really hope that this health issues are gonna get cured with advancement in nanotechnology. New modern materials like nanodiamonds (http://mstnano.com/products/nanodiamonds) can be used as more efficient drug carriers. Painkillers can be more effective and less harmful. Eventually people should be able to tailor custom molecules and make them behave in the body to stop such problems. Hopefully soon enough.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 13:05
    I'm highly skeptical of these 'non-addictive' claims. How could something that kills a chronic and debilitating pain in a patient not be addictive? Obviously, if it worked to kill the pain you would want more of it. After awhile, you would have a hard time living without it. You haven't fixed the underlying neurological issue, only provided a blanket to c ...[text shortened]... synthesized into pill form? Apparently at the time, they thought those weren't addictive either.
    Oh no, big Pharm KNEW it was addictive and sold it anyway, pushing it on doctors as the latest miracle drug which is why nearly 200 people a day die in the US from these opioids. Big Pharm could care less, as long as their profits are in the billions,' so a few people croak, they probably were close to death in the first place.'.........
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '17 23:18
    Oh no, big Pharm KNEW it was addictive and sold it anyway, pushing it on doctors as the latest miracle drug which is why nearly 200 people a day die in the US from these opioids. Big Pharm could care less, as long as their profits are in the billions,' so a few people croak, they probably were close to death in the first place.'.........
    So why should the developers of this drug be any different?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 15:33
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So why should the developers of this drug be any different?
    So you have a problem with a drug actually killing without being addictive?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 19:30
    So you have a problem with a drug actually killing without being addictive?
    Actually killing? Maybe, depends on if someone is using it to kill or to kill pain.

I have no problem with a pain killer actually killing pain. I just have a problem with believing the company who creates it then makes the claim.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Oct '17 22:26
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Actually killing? Maybe, depends on if someone is using it to kill or to kill pain.

I have no problem with a pain killer actually killing pain. I just have a problem with believing the company who creates it then makes the claim.
    Hehe, I missed the 'pain' part of my post, sorry. The vetting process will take a long time and most drugs don't make it through the gauntlet of the structured testing procedures, blind testing, double blinds, placebo and the like. Come back in ten years maybe we will know.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 02:20
    Hehe, I missed the 'pain' part of my post, sorry. The vetting process will take a long time and most drugs don't make it through the gauntlet of the structured testing procedures, blind testing, double blinds, placebo and the like. Come back in ten years maybe we will know.
    The opoids didn't make it through the same stuff?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 03:001 edit

Weed is good for most pain.
    Not heavy duty pain but most pains and aches.

But, you know, it makes you feel good too so I guess that puts it into the 'contraversial basket ' .

These laws make no sense to me.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 03:04
    I'm highly skeptical of these 'non-addictive' claims. How could something that kills a chronic and debilitating pain in a patient not be addictive? Obviously, if it worked to kill the pain you would want more of it. After awhile, you would have a hard time living without it. You haven't fixed the underlying neurological issue, only provided a blanket to c ...[text shortened]... synthesized into pill form? Apparently at the time, they thought those weren't addictive either.
    Are you talking psychologically addictive here? Because, once again, weed has no physically addictive properties.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree