1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 19:06
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Are you talking psychologically addictive here? Because, once again, weed has no physically addictive properties.
    What is the difference between addictions? If it causes addiction it causes addiction. It does for a large number of people, especially if started while young.

But hey, I suppose if you can claim abortion does not kill a human, then you can claim that when people are addicted to marijuana it isn't the marijuana use that caused the addiction.
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 11:52
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What is the difference between addictions?
    let me help you;

https://www.clarityway.com/blog/physical-psychological-addiction/

"...Physical Addiction

Physical addiction is most commonly caused by substances like heroin and methamphetamine. With a physical addiction, a person will experience actual physical symptoms from drug use or withdrawal. This can occur with drugs as harmless as caffeine to drugs as dangerous as cocaine. When your body physically reacts to not having the drug that it is used to depending on, you have a physical addiction.
    Psychological Addiction

In comparison to physical addiction, psychological addiction occurs when a person does not have a physical need for a drug but rather a mental desire for it. Psychological addiction is most common in people who use substances like marijuana. Marijuana does not contain any physically addictive ingredients, but people who smoke marijuana can develop a daily mental desire for it, which may then affect their daily lives in negative ways.
    ..."
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 13:076 edits
    ...then you can claim that when people are addicted to marijuana it isn't the marijuana use that caused the addiction.
    he didn't say/imply this in any way.
    He said "weed has no physically addictive properties" which is 100% correct and doesn't imply in any way it has no psychological addictive properties.
    You should brush-up on your reading comprehension (as usual).
    And abortion has absolutely nothing to do with it.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 13:39
    What is the difference between addictions? If it causes addiction it causes addiction. It does for a large number of people, especially if started while young.

But hey, I suppose if you can claim abortion does not kill a human, then you can claim that when people are addicted to marijuana it isn't the marijuana use that caused the addiction.
    You seem to not understand the difference between physical and psychological addition.

Physical addiction a lot of times ends in death. That is undeniable. Psychological addiction does not affect the body in the way physical addiction does. If the psychological addiction is overcome, that person can life pretty much the same life as before whereas the physical addiction, besides being MUCH more powerful in its addictive ability, but it absolutely damages the body in ways psychological addiction does not.

You clearly come from both types of addiction from a religious morality play POV.

We have all seen how well THAT turns out, with millions of deaths not from addiction but from religious brutality. That is FAR worse than any addiction which only physically effects a single individual.

Religious morality kills MILLIONS and there is NOTHING you can say that will change that fact.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 15:181 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Are you talking psychologically addictive here? Because, once again, weed has no physically addictive properties.
    Any drug that provides long-term relief from debilitating pain, but does not cure the underlying condition, would be addictive. Regardless of whether a physical addiction was developed, your body would develop a need for that drug to function properly. It's not necessarily a problem, but important to recognize that drugs that make you feel better are inherently addictive. We don't want to go down the same road as we did with opioids.

If you have a limp, and a cane helps you walk better, and you use that cane for the next 10 years, then your walk and gait conform to the cane, making it more difficult to walk without it. Thus, your body has developed an addiction to the cane.

I could be mis-construing the definition of addiction though. More like dependency or habit? Does an addiction necessarily need to have a negative impact on your life in order to be characterized as such? Am I addicted to coffee?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree