1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 15:35
    Older adults with normal BMIs (well-known to be an imperfect measurement) but high levels of body fat are at greater risk for cardiovascular disease and death than previously realized, according to a 2013 study published in the American Journal of Cardiology. More recently, a 2014 report on people with “normal weight obesity”—normal BMI, high body fat—found that they have a significantly higher risk of metabolic problems and death from these diseases than any other group.

I found this part interesting too

When Elizabeth Chanatry was 16 years old, she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. You’d never know it by looking at the 5-foot-3-inch tall, 117-pound 19-year-old, but even Chanatry admits that she’s not as fit as she could be. “My sister and I are not toned, but we are thin,” she says.

I guess just being thin isn't good enough.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 17:08
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b] Older adults with normal BMIs (well-known to be an imperfect measurement) but high levels of body fat are at greater risk for cardiovascular disease and death than previously realized, according to a 2013 study published in the American Journal of Cardiology. More recently, a 2014 report on people with “normal weight obesity”—normal BMI, high body fat—fou ...[text shortened]... I are not toned, but we are thin,” she says.

I guess just being thin isn't good enough.[/b]
    This is old news. The visceral fat is the really dangerous kind.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 17:11
    Originally posted by C Hess
    This is old news. The visceral fat is the really dangerous kind.
    It seems that some here haven't heard about the old news.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 19:29
    It seems that some here haven't heard about the old news.
    You're right. That was rude of me. My apologies. I should have said, medical science have
    known this about visceral fat for some time now.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 02:501 edit
    You're right. That was rude of me. My apologies. I should have said, medical science have
    known this about visceral fat for some time now.
    Yeah, well I guess some people just don't like to look at certain aspects of science. They like looking like they are in shape, but would rather overlook the fact that scrawny runts can still easily develop unseen unhealthful fat.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 05:50
    Yeah, well I guess some people just don't like to look at certain aspects of science.
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't I read you denying global warming in some other
    thread? I may have gotten you mixed up with someone else though.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 06:59
    Fitness is also important, I think nearly everyone should know that by know. I have seen it many times in many sources. Fitness probably has a lot of other benefits apart from reducing body fat.

I don't think much though of you citing an example as evidence for a link between body fat and diabetes 2. In science, we prefer large sample sizes and statistics. In general a single example is useless scientifically as it could simply be an anomaly.
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 07:52
    Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but didn't I read you denying global warming in some other
    The only things I have noticed that he is consistent with is just with two things: being inconsistent; being usually quite wrong.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 11:18
    Erm.......

derp.........?

Are you once more looking for excuses to being a big fatty?
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 11:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Erm.......

derp.........?

AND eating like a pig, AND eating like a pig.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 15:10
    Yeah, people ignore certain aspects of global warming too. It amazes me how people with a certain religious bent like to misuse science to achieve their goals.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 15:112 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Erm.......

derp.........?

Wow! Is that what you read? Where did I ever say that?

I take it you aren't too bright either. Of course you might be bright, but simply immature. If you are 12, that would explain your response. Same thing goes for humy.
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 16:40
    Yeah, people ignore certain aspects of global warming too. It amazes me how people with a certain religious bent like to misuse science to achieve their goals.
    What bent would that be?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 17:02
    What bent would that be?
    Liberal bent who want to use the power of government to dominate society.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 17:07
    Liberal bent who want to use the power of government to dominate society.
    Liberal is a religious stance? You make less sense to me with every post you
    write. Do you even understand yourself what you're writing, or are you just
    hitting the keyboard at random, hoping for success? 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree