Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    13 Oct '11 05:24
    What is wrong with science?

    They know life cannot be created in a test tube..

    They cannot create consciousness.

    They cannot create mind.

    They can not create awareness.

    They cannot create intelligence.

    These attributes belong to the soul.

    They reject the soul..............why? because they cannot see it.

    Is that scientific to say if we cannot see it then it is not there - how childish and non-scientific.

    They foolishly think conscious awareness is chemicals..why?

    Have they ever seen a conscious awareness chemical?.....No.

    Why do they just invent everything and speculate?

    Why cant they just say we have no clue what life is and how it came to exist.

    Science that says life is chemicals - is dishonest science that is going in the wrong direction.

    Why do they waste their time and go in the wrong direction?

    Is it because they are trying to kill God and or replace God with science.(dishonest and false science)

    Are they trying to be God themselves by creating life themselves?

    They have told us that life appeared in a muddy puddle along time ago and now the 8.400.000 species of life all came from that original muddy puddle as well.

    This theory should go on the shelf with the spaghetti monster and elves in the garden.

    I want my scientists to do proper work for my hard eared tax dollar - and I don't want them wasting it on silly fairy stories.

    Just believe and trust your observations - that life comes from life please.

    Your observations don't tell you otherwise.....do they?

    *rhetorical questions.
  2. 13 Oct '11 07:16
    The following entertaining IRC log is best read with a steak, hot dog, a roast beef sub, and 32 sliders from White Castle.

    <JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
    <JonJonB> Let's see the results...

    <JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
    <JonJonB> "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything

    <JonJonB> A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.

    <JonJonB> "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."
    <JonJonB> "Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "

    <JonJonB> Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls

    <JonJonB> "Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"

    <JonJonB> The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.

    <JonJonB> He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.

    <JonJonB> He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.

    <JonJonB> Ok
    <JonJonB> I have found, definitive proof
    <JonJonB> that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all
    <JonJonB> "Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?
    <melusine > O_______O
    <JonJonB> Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang

    <JonJonJonB> Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.

    <JonJonJonB> 'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.
  3. 14 Oct '11 11:30
    You're sounding a bit preachy there dog....
  4. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    14 Oct '11 13:36
    Feed the crazy troll why don't we, and keep him here?

  5. 16 Oct '11 12:08
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Feed the crazy troll why don't we, and keep him here?
    Crazy and troll are mutually contradictory.

    Richard
  6. 18 Oct '11 09:47
    Originally posted by amolv06
    The following entertaining IRC log is best read with a steak, hot dog, a roast beef sub, and 32 sliders from White Castle.

    <JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
    <JonJonB> Let's see the results...

    <JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
    <JonJonB> ...[text shortened]... t hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.
    i reserve the right to use this post as a reply to any threads dasa will be starting in the future
  7. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    18 Oct '11 15:34
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i reserve the right to use this post as a reply to any threads dasa will be starting in the future
    Therefore you are dishonest - because you cannot answer the post honestly and therefore speak nonsense, drivel, atheistic, rubbish talk.

    Defending cheating science will always leave you in a vulnerable position.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    20 Oct '11 02:50
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Therefore you are dishonest - because you cannot answer the post honestly and therefore speak nonsense, drivel, atheistic, rubbish talk.

    Defending cheating science will always leave you in a vulnerable position.
    And yes, life did arise on earth from purely natural causes, one era there was no life, another era, enough energy had changed hands with enough complex molecule to make a reproducing cell and went forward from there. Thing is, it didn't just happen once, it happened many times and many places on Earth.

    All the Vedic gas blowing won't change a thing about that.
  9. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    20 Oct '11 03:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And yes, life did arise on earth from purely natural causes, one era there was no life, another era, enough energy had changed hands with enough complex molecule to make a reproducing cell and went forward from there. Thing is, it didn't just happen once, it happened many times and many places on Earth.

    All the Vedic gas blowing won't change a thing about that.
    Defeated.
  10. 20 Oct '11 17:08
    This thread makes me want to swallow a barn.
  11. Standard member Dasa
    Dasa
    20 Oct '11 20:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And yes, life did arise on earth from purely natural causes, one era there was no life, another era, enough energy had changed hands with enough complex molecule to make a reproducing cell and went forward from there. Thing is, it didn't just happen once, it happened many times and many places on Earth.

    All the Vedic gas blowing won't change a thing about that.
    No chance without the guiding hand of the Supreme intelligence.

    To not accept this is dishonest.
  12. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    22 Oct '11 22:37
    Originally posted by Dasa
    No chance without the guiding hand of the Supreme intelligence.

    To not accept this is dishonest.
    But you are one low life to respond to Mikelom the way you did, thousands of people suffering and you say do the time if you do the crime. Despicable. You didn't even give a thought to the fact he has a family and his family members are in trouble too.

    You will come back in your next life as a frog. Or a Hog and be eaten by an atheist.
  13. 23 Oct '11 05:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But you are one low life to respond to Mikelom the way you did, thousands of people suffering and you say do the time if you do the crime. Despicable. You didn't even give a thought to the fact he has a family and his family members are in trouble too.

    You will come back in your next life as a frog. Or a Hog and be eaten by an atheist.
    I am guessing he was either a Virus or a Prion in his last life, judging by his demeanor.

    But really, these kind of people generally are lacking in knowledge. It is human nature to be afraid of what you don't know or understand. He obviously does not understand evolution or biology and has no basis for what he is talking about.
  14. 24 Oct '11 12:34
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I am guessing he was either a Virus or a Prion in his last life, judging by his demeanor.

    But really, these kind of people generally are lacking in knowledge. It is human nature to be afraid of what you don't know or understand. He obviously does not understand evolution or biology and has no basis for what he is talking about.
    Not the slightest bit of excuse.

    "Ignorance, when it is voluntary, is criminal; and he may properly be charged with evil who refused to learn how he might prevent it."
    - Samuel Johnson, History of Rasselas.

    Richard
  15. 24 Oct '11 18:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or a Hog and be eaten by an atheist.
    That atheist will be me.

    Though I suspect I will spend the twelve hours after eating making the toilet a class 5 biohazard and vomiting to the point of dehydration to expunge the vile from my body.