Origin of Life

Origin of Life

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA

Moves
08 Apr 08

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
08 Apr 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The problem has little to do with air pressure actually, more to do with unnecessary surface area. What are you talking about, layer of water? seriously? Give me one scientist (From a relevant field) that advocates this in a scientific paper.

F

Moves
08 Apr 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
There is no scientific proof of this. It can only be 'proved' by the words of the bible - hence this posting is about religion and should be removed into the Spiritual Forum.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
08 Apr 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
There is no scientific proof of this. It can only be 'proved' by the words of the bible - hence this posting is about religion and should be removed into the Spiritual Forum.
Thank you I wanted to give him a chance to hang himself. Also sorry for the wacky religious path this took. I couldn't help it tough.

t

Moves
09 Apr 08

Originally posted by PBE6
Quit being thick. You know evolution explains the complexity of life and not the position of the earth in the solar system.

I disagreed with your false analogy, that life is so complex that it must need a designer in the same way a watch must have been designed by a watchmaker. If that were true, then by a similar analogy we both have 2 arms, 2 legs, a hea ...[text shortened]... nd therefore we must have come from the same mother.

If we did, she dropped you on your head.
was I talking about earth's position in the solar system? no. I asked about the intermediate links and if any scientists have foudn them. have they? you didnt answer that. if evolution were true, there would be LOTS of those links. but there are none.

as far as coming from the same mother, we did. Eve. whats the deal about that?

t

Moves
09 Apr 08

Originally posted by Mexico
The structure of the parabronchial lung is entirely different. Here, gas flow is unidirectional along the parabronchi, the reliance on gas diffusion to reach the blood capillaries is much less, and there is no necessity for the relatively large alveolar spaces of the mammalian lung. The air capillaries and the blood capillaries have approximately the same dim ...[text shortened]... e discussion please refrain from peddling your nonsense here, take it to spirituality.
Ok all tha tmay be, but it doesnt tell me how our lungs are sooo ineficient, as you put it.

There are lots of things I didnt know before that I know now, so your assumption that just cause you and I dont know why the human eye is inverted doesnt mean the answer is that there is no reason. very poor argument.

Because of your forefathers sins, and because you also have sin, thats why ur body isnt perfect nemore. It's our own fault, no blame on God. Why did we disobey him?

sure, anything could happen. But how did it all turn out like it is now? random is not ordered, its a big jumble with no creativity, uniqueness, or orderliness. the earth isnt a mess. your just to scared to admit there is a God adn that you are responsible to him. thats why you choose to believe something there is no evidence for, no reason, no logic, just something someone thought up.

If you rather burn, then thats ur choice. I am sure you will regret having your whole body burning for ever and ever once u start to experience it. God is not cruel. He is just, and its our own fault if we dont obey Him. He does leave evidence, some ppl just choose to ignore it for other ridiculous ideas. who said obeyign God is not using our brain? do you think making bombs and having plans to destroy and conquer the world is a good use of our brain? as if anything of submiting to God is not using our mind, but planning ideas to destroy ppl is?

we are discussing origin of life adn if I believe in a diff origin than you, it still fits this folder.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
09 Apr 08

Originally posted by thorvo
Because of your forefathers sins, and because you also have sin, thats why ur body isnt perfect nemore. It's our own fault, no blame on God. Why did we disobey him?
If your great grandfather stole a horse, should you be put in jail for it?

t

Moves
09 Apr 08

Originally posted by Nemesio
If your great grandfather stole a horse, should you be put in jail for it?
no because he stole it. not you. and true, God shouldnt punish us if our father murdered someone, or if he stole something. But after sin entered the world, each new person sinned, and we have to be punished not because of what our fathers did, but because of our sin and that we "inherited sinning" from our fathers. get the point?

t

Moves
09 Apr 08

maybe we shoudl take this somewhere else....

Pimp!

Gangster Land

Moves
09 Apr 08
1 edit

sure, anything could happen. But how did it all turn out like it is now? random is not ordered, its a big jumble with no creativity, uniqueness, or orderliness. the earth isnt a mess. your just to scared to admit there is a God adn that you are responsible to him. thats why you choose to believe something there is no evidence for, no reason, no logic, just something someone thought up.
I will give you some information that helped me understand this concept way back in the day.

If you flipped an honest coin 100 times, what are the chances it would come up heads every time? Extremely small, right?

However, if you flipped the same coin 10 million times the chances that it would come up heads 100 times in a row grows much much greater! In fact, it would probably happen more than once, and it would be highly unlikely that it didn't happen at least once during the course of the 10 million flips.

You get it? If you add enough time to randomness, patterns can and will be found.

t

Moves
10 Apr 08

Originally posted by TheSkipper
I will give you some information that helped me understand this concept way back in the day.

If you flipped an honest coin 100 times, what are the chances it would come up heads every time? Extremely small, right?

However, if you flipped the same coin 10 million times the chances that it would come up heads 100 times in a row grows much much greate ...[text shortened]... on flips.

You get it? If you add enough time to randomness, patterns can and will be found.
Ok I see what you are saying. Over a longer period of time, there would be much more opportunity for the coin to come up heads 100 times in a row. Im just wondering, is that mathematically accurate? Another thing, flipping a coin only has two outcomes. With life and nature, there are an eternity of possible outcomes. What is the probability that the earth look like it is now because of 16 billion years from a universe expanding, and man evolving? How come we got two arms, and two legs? not 3 arms and one leg? true, not all life is perfect, but there are so many aspects that seem to fit together and help each other, diversity, color, symmetry, etc. if evolution is correct, wouldnt there be lots of intermediate links?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
10 Apr 08

no because he stole it. not you. and true, God shouldnt punish us if our father murdered someone, or if he stole something. But after sin entered the world, each new person sinned, and we have to be punished not because of what our fathers did, but because of our sin and that we "inherited sinning" from our fathers. get the point?
So, God punished me by giving me a sin nature that I personally did nothing to deserve?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
10 Apr 08
2 edits

Ok I see what you are saying. Over a longer period of time, there would be much more opportunity for the coin to come up heads 100 times in a row. Im just wondering, is that mathematically accurate? Another thing, flipping a coin only has two outcomes. With life and nature, there are an eternity of possible outcomes. What is the probability that the earth loo ...[text shortened]... ity, color, symmetry, etc. if evolution is correct, wouldnt there be lots of intermediate links?
Try to think of it this way. When you were conceived, your father contributed 25 million sperm
to the effort. There was a 1 in 25 million chance that you would be you, and not someone else.
At some point a four-legged model became the 1 in 25 million shot that gave an advantage over
that which preceded it. It could have been a six-legged model, or a three-legged one.
There are lots of times I wish I had another limb, no doubt!

Let's be clear: If you were to look at a planet identical to earth in another galaxy (say,
the same distance from the same sort of sun with the same sort of organic molecules on it),
there's almost no chance that life would look like what it would here, just like if another sperm
fertilized your mother's egg, there almost no chance that other child would look like you. And
if you had the magical opportunity to examine Earth's 16 billion-year history and this other
planet's history, I'm sure they would look nothing alike.

Life would evolve faster or slower. Or life would start earlier or later, just depending on when
the steps that inspire change manage to happen.

There was a lady on the news the other day who played the lotto. Every week, she would buy
seven tickets (one each day). In the lotto she had been playing, there were some 25 million
tickets, and only five of them were 'million-dollar winners.' She hit one in May, and one in
September. The odds of that are pretty astronomical, but it happened. Now, imagine that
there are millions of little blind fish reproducing over hundreds of thousands of years. Each
time a new fish is born (and fish give birth to LOTS of baby fish), it's like buying a lotto ticket.
When one has a weird mutation to give it eyes, it 'wins the lotto.' But those eyes now confer
upon it a great advantage over its siblings -- it can now see food better, and thus get more, and
it can see enemies better and get out of the way sooner. It is more likely to procreate and
give birth to sighted fish, who in turn will outlive their cousins. And so forth.

Does this system make sense to you (that is, do you feel I have explained it in a way you
can understand)?

Nemesio

t

Australia

Moves
10 Apr 08

Ok I see what you are saying. Over a longer period of time, there would be much more opportunity for the coin to come up heads 100 times in a row. Im just wondering, is that mathematically accurate? Another thing, flipping a coin only has two outcomes. With life and nature, there are an eternity of possible outcomes. What is the probability that the earth loo ...[text shortened]... ity, color, symmetry, etc. if evolution is correct, wouldnt there be lots of intermediate links?
Every species represents an intermediate link - simple concept.

t

Moves
10 Apr 08

Originally posted by timebombted
Every species represents an intermediate link - simple concept.
if that is true, what are the two species or organisms that each specie is an intermediate link to? in other words, what are the two organisms (the original one and the final one)?

besides, the intermediate links are organisms half of one specie and half of another. the species themselves arent intermediate links.