1. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 00:26
    I VERY MUCH SO am a fan of ''' threads which stick to ''' only one , i.e. interesting ''' (hopefully, I READ INTERNET THREADS , THEREFORE I AM.). You stopped reading since I diviated from the subject , good , then I still have a tiny tiny tiny hope that the desicion four million years ago. About since that is (guessing) when the monkey stopped spending lots of time in trees and started walking. That this new thing called walking, was a desicion which other species (like homo sapiens scientists , who like to study , something they call EVOLUTION of species) would normally classify as one which probably was successful. Obviously since that walking later on led to running (of course, very very simple). Walking is not very effective when you want to kill something. Running is. Then you can be more effective in killing other species. Then you can eat them. And if a male see another male who only can walk and not can run , then you can run run run . And kill him!! MM. Killing feels great, don't you think so as well. Much better than SEX. Perhaps even greater than FOOD but on that last part I have a hard time deciding.....
    My point beeing . Running is evolutionary very good.
    OK> pausing.
    OK> now, starting again from scratch
    I HAVE taken a cource in quantum physics and therefore know things that others who don't have done the same. I took that course because I HAD TO. It was hard and boring and we had to learn and apply hard and boring math. THATS perhaps someone's cup of tea. Not my idea of 'having a good time'.
    (Just wanted to make that clear. GREAT, LETS MOVE ON).
    I thougt the thread would discuss this. ''' The Big Bang Theory Wrong? ''' Perhaps it would be a good thing to start a thread about it? I mean really. Perhaps a new one. Well see, perhaps I will start a thread with that subject.
    That (not yet existing) thread would be about discussing the possibillity that the 90^%-ish quantum physics that beleve that the Big Bang Theory is right , that those people have some , that could perhaps be , knowledge , about , the RIGHTNESS of their theory.
    , That the 10^%-ish quantum physics that beleve BELEVE you know, the thing people do when they think something is wrong. Correction. BELEVE. Is wrong.
    , That in fact , a singularity , everything compressed in , , zero-ish space , , in fact is a little little little strange? - The Big Bang normally say that this is what happend. - Everything compressed into nothing-ish. - Then the 10^%-ish other part of those people , those who makes a living making theories about this , ask the 90^%-ish who say this , what this nothingness is.
    I mean in quantum physics we have gravity and then when you kick the football instead of it falling down it falls the opposite direction ( since obvously ) there suddenly is not 3 dimensions but many more dimensions WHY WE HAD TO learn new and VERY HARD TO EXPLAIN math? - do I have to answer that?
    ((((((((((
    3 dimensions as in the makro world , not counting time since we now live in a post Einsteinian Physics world. I mean, there was this thing that there came a new math. Were two lines drawn next to each other, if they are paralell, will never meat, not even after infinity-ish meters (in physics you use meters, then every one is happy). .... If you think that is strange>>> Try to stand on a sphere, a round thing, like a ball (perhaps calling that ball Tellus, Earth, the name do not matter). And draw the lines. A non quantum world has 3 dimensions. makro is latin and the english world translating makro is BIG ). quantum is small , very very very very small . so to say. In that small world you have more dimensions. Then footballs fall up when you kick them, not down wich you normally expect , yes there is a joke hidden in this , I did not intend that joke. Will move on.
    ))))))))))).
    That would be my new thread titled : 'The Big Bang Theory Wrong'?
    Personly I tend to agree more with the 10^%-ish Quantum Physics Sciantists (Physicists perhaps, my main language is not english). But then again. I beleve. I am a layman.
    OK. Questions on that ?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 00:43
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    I VERY MUCH SO am a fan of ''' threads which stick to ''' only one , i.e. interesting ''' (hopefully, I READ INTERNET THREADS , THEREFORE I AM.). You stopped reading since I diviated from the subject , good , then I still have a tiny tiny tiny hope that the desicion four million years ago. About since that is (guessing) when the monkey stopped spending ...[text shortened]... uage is not english). But then again. I beleve. I am a layman.
    OK. Questions on that ?
    You only lay men?
  3. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 01:192 edits
    Absolutely my friend. Really. // Some people say I am too honest , therefore I will answer your question, describing myself. // Some people would not perhaps do this, dunno. - Perhaps it is a RHP computer-bug? But, All my smileies dissapeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , Look at thread one of dito for those....
    I even don't have a job! Been unemployd (wrong spelling? , probably) for quite some time, yes I am constantly seeking a new one. No-s everywhere. Been kicked out of my last one cause the boss thought I was too unimportant. I think that place is going straight down, down to where it is hot, due to this boss. If I were her (yes a woman) superior I would fire her, instead her superiors give her advice, like suprising her fellow workers which she is boss over (about 10 people, roundly counted). At least I think they do since she became overly nice and 2 days on one week we had free lunch ( pizza delivery by phone, where you could choose ). So they want her so stay, but that's not my problem. . She is also deeply religious and tries to spread the word of Jesus to her co-workers, we who was her - workers? - those 10 people she had under her command had to start each workday hearing her preaching , making her ego bigger? dunno, kind of. That preaching of hers I am talking about was her, reading from ''' todays passage in the bible '''. This was reading for between 20 - 35 minutes. Two weeks she was away on her vacation. She had ordered another woman to do the reading instead of her. When she came back she was very upset since that , stand in reader , in fact skipped the whole reading in bible thing. Starting the day with reading from the bible for zero minutes (!!) a day instead was heavenly, absolutly no doubt about that.
    ................. Now that I do not have a job I can't afford my former (very cheap) apartement. Tried to live with some friends in another aparthent for 6 months, very cheap. And now I have moved back to my parrents old house, with my parrents of course. ................... I am 27 years old. The life of a quite normal man who happened to lose his job during a rough economic period.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 21:54
    Originally posted by bikingviking
    Absolutely my friend. Really. // Some people say I am too honest , therefore I will answer your question, describing myself. // Some people would not perhaps do this, dunno. - Perhaps it is a RHP computer-bug? But, All my smileies dissapeared !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , Look at thread one of dito for those....
    I even don't have a job! Been unemployd (wrong s ...[text shortened]... old. The life of a quite normal man who happened to lose his job during a rough economic period.
    Isn't evilution also about survival of the fitess?

The Instructor
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 02:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
    Is the fitess a female fitter?
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 05:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Is the fitess a female fitter?
    The fittest fitess must be the fittest of the fit female fitters.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 12:51
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The fittest fitess must be the fittest of the fit female fitters.
    Good one!🙂
  8. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 16:06

The Instructor
    Evilution? Is that something you can smoke?

As not having job I guess that if I did not have food to eat I could join the military. Then I could learn how to scream very loud, don't girls like that...

Anyways. Don't get me started about Evolution. It is not conserned about individuals but on lots of individuals together (or plants). Besides at least where I live the "evolutionary pressure" meaning a factor which effects if evoultion takes place or not. Close to zero, if not zero. Meaning that for evolution to take place at all (is evilution something you smoke?) we have to have an evolutionary pressure, i.e. that if we have several individuals then only 3 out of 10 (think about mammals, if spiders then something like 3 out of 1000) would live past their one year birthday. Then we could talk evolution. If zero evolutionary pressure, no evolution.

I do not want to talk about either evilution or evolution in this thread. If someone wants that, start a new therad instead of posting here.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 14:26
    The thing about the BB is it explains a lot about how the universe is today, mostly🙂 One thing it pointedly does NOT explain is the accelerated expansion they think started up about 6 billion years ago.
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 14:35
    The thing about the BB is it explains a lot about how the universe is today, mostly🙂 One thing it pointedly does NOT explain is the accelerated expansion they think started up about 6 billion years ago.
    I am not sure how the bb theory can explain things like what you have mentioned here and things like virtual particles and entanglement. Could it be that these strange things are a manifestation in our world of processes in another dimension? Maybe even all the laws of physics as far as that goes.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:44
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I am not sure how the bb theory can explain things like what you have mentioned here and things like virtual particles and entanglement. Could it be that these strange things are a manifestation in our world of processes in another dimension? Maybe even all the laws of physics as far as that goes.
    I think BB explains the abundance of light elements, the CMB, large scale structure of the universe. Don't know what else, the Hubble diagram?

It doesn't have anything to say about neutrinos and such or Higgs.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:54
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The Big Bang theory is basically a description of the history of the universe starting from very small and expanding. It is not a cure for cancer or an explanation of quantum mechanics, nor intended to be. Rather quantum mechanics is used to understand the big bang.
    Other dimensions is very tempting from what little I know of quantum mechanics, but until someone makes a reasonable hypothesis that shows how other dimensions gives rise to quantum dynamics, it remains wild speculation.
    Is suspect though that we are in our minds trying to force Newtonian mechanics onto quantum mechanics and that is why we feel the need for extra dimensions ie we want there to be a 'real' world in which everything is Newtonian and which gives rise to our weird quantum world.
    Although there is nothing wrong with speculating, I suspect that in this case it will get us no further to the truth.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 16:391 edit
    Isn't evolution also about survival of the fittest?

The Idiot

(stupid misspellings corrected )
    NO
  14. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 16:565 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The Big Bang theory is basically a description of the history of the universe starting from very small and expanding. It is not a cure for cancer or an explanation of quantum mechanics, nor intended to be. Rather quantum mechanics is used to understand the big bang.
    Other dimensions is very tempting from what little I know of quantum mechanics, but until ...[text shortened]... hing wrong with speculating, I suspect that in this case it will get us no further to the truth.
    It is not a cure for cancer

LOL. I don't recall that one coming from anyone but, from the equally silly misrepresentations of the BB theory and other theories I have heard from some people, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest esp if it came from a religious nut.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 17:39
    I think BB explains the abundance of light elements, the CMB, large scale structure of the universe. Don't know what else, the Hubble diagram?

It doesn't have anything to say about neutrinos and such or Higgs.
    The Big Bang Theory don't explain nutin.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree