Plus or Minus a Dime's Mass

Plus or Minus a Dime's Mass

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no all they have stated with the usual and now obligatory anti creationist vitriol is that we do not know the mass of the cosmos at the beginning of its, i hesitate to say it, creation, i suppose, being a purely materialistic type of guy you would prefer, happening/event. As yet i have not read any attempts to explain why if the mass of the cosmos w ...[text shortened]... not answer the question, for surely you can assume a value for a merely hypothetical argument.
Vitriol? Are we reading the same thread?

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Vitriol? Are we reading the same thread?
yes caustic vitriolic criticism! whether you were reading the same thread i have no idea, now perhaps you might like to answer Jaywills question, as honestly and reasonably as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist! In layman's terms please.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10

yes caustic vitriolic criticism! whether you were reading the same thread i have no idea, now perhaps you might like to answer Jaywills question, as honestly and reasonably as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist! In layman's terms please.
His questions have been answered, go back and read the thread.

What do you mean 'as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist'? When did i ever confirm i was a 'militant' atheist?

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10
2 edits

His questions have been answered, go back and read the thread.

What do you mean 'as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist'? When did i ever confirm i was a 'militant' atheist?
his question has not been answered, all that has been stated is that the mass of the universe is not known, rendering any attempts to ascertain if a small degree of difference would have resulted in implosion, that is not an answer to the question.

The terms militant atheism and militant atheist are designations applied to atheists who are, or are perceived to be, hostile towards religion - wikipedia

are you denying the appellation?

F

Moves
29 Nov 10

The terms militant atheism and militant atheist are designations applied to atheists who are, or are perceived to be, hostile towards religion - wikipedia

Is there a term like "militant JWers too...? The one who are, or are perceived to be, hostile towards atheists?

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Is there a term like "militant JWers too...? The one who are, or are perceived to be, hostile towards atheists?
no but given your propensity for elaboration, i am sure you can make one up!

F

Moves
29 Nov 10

no but given your propensity for elaboration, i am sure you can make one up!
I surely can, and I did.

If you feel insulted by the term "militant JWer", don't you thnk others can feel insulted by the term "militant atheist" too?
Now, Jesus said: "Don't do unto others what you don't like others to do unto you" or something alike? Isn't that important to live by these Jesus words?

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I surely can, and I did.

If you feel insulted by the term "militant JWer", don't you thnk others can feel insulted by the term "militant atheist" too?
Now, Jesus said: "Don't do unto others what you don't like others to do unto you" or something alike? Isn't that important to live by these Jesus words?
i do not feel insulted, but i must point out the inaccuracy of the definition, i am not against atheists, and unless you can construe that actively seeking to help others inculcate biblical principles for the betterment of themselves and others is anti-atheistic, I don't think that you can claim even a semblance of militancy either. Please don't mind my saying this, but its rather, well, rich of you to be quoting scripture to me in the science forum, please try to refrain.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10
1 edit

his question has not been answered, all that has been stated is that the mass of the universe is not known, rendering any attempts to ascertain if a small degree of difference would have resulted in implosion, that is not an answer to the question.

I know what a militant atheist is, when have i ever confirmed i was such? Granted there are certain aspects of religion i don't like and am hostile towards, but to suggest i am hostile to all religion and confirmed as much is utter rubbish.

Now, to the question you avoided please, what do you mean by this -

'as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist'

What is to be expected? Elaborate please.

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10
2 edits

I'm not hostile towards religion, but i would say i'm hostile to certain aspects of religion.

Now, to the question you avoided please, what do you mean by this -

'as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist'

Elaborate please.
the statement is self explanatory, although you may feel free to interpret it in any way you choose, i feel, that if i were to interpret it for you, it would loose its appeal to the imagination. 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10

the statement is self explanatory, although you may feel free to interpret it in any way you choose, i feel, that if i were to interpret it for you, it would loose its appeal to the imagination. 🙂
Spell it out.

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10

Spell it out.
as an artist i am afraid that i simply cannot do that, my works are vehicles, if i were to define them, then they would simply become one dimensional, now you don't want to be spoon fed, do you?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10

as an artist i am afraid that i simply cannot do that, my works are vehicles, if i were to define them, then they would simply become one dimensional, now you don't want to be spoon fed, do you?
Explain to me what you meant by this -

as honestly and reasonably as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist!

rc

Moves
29 Nov 10

Explain to me what you meant by this -

as honestly and reasonably as can be expected from a confirmed materialist and militant atheist!
sorry i cannot, artist prerogative that he need not explain his work, lest it be misconstrued, in other words, use your imagination!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Nov 10

sorry i cannot, artist prerogative that he need not explain his work, lest it be misconstrued, in other words, use your imagination!
Are you calling my honesty into question simply because i am an atheist?