1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 18:332 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sorry i cannot, artist prerogative that he need not explain his work, lest it be misconstrued, in other words, use your imagination!
    You draw too much inspiration from Tracy Emin! Unfortunately for you this is not an "art" exhibition; it is a science forum :]
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are you calling my honesty into question simply because i am an atheist?
    if that is the way you see it, then who am i to question your evaluations.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:29
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You draw too much inspiration from Tracy Emin! Unfortunately for you this is not an "art" exhibition; it is a science forum :]
    i felt the forum rather staid, it lacked that something, some defining characteristic, a fresh perspective shall we say. Tracy Emim is of that class of so called conceptual artist who can neither draw, paint nor sculpt, and who thinks that hedonism may masquerade as something more substantial, to be put on exhibition and given a veneer of intellectualism because its placed in an exhibition centre, a piece of blue tack on the wall does the same thingπŸ™‚
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:36
    i do not feel insulted, but i must point out the inaccuracy of the definition, i am not against atheists, and unless you can construe that actively seeking to help others inculcate biblical principles for the betterment of themselves and others is anti-atheistic, I don't think that you can claim even a semblance of militancy either. Please don't min ...[text shortened]... , well, rich of you to be quoting scripture to me in the science forum, please try to refrain.
    Quoting scripture? Oh, well, that quote is from the Quaran and the Vedic books too. I'm not even sure that Jesus was the first one with that saying.

I smiled a little when you minted the expression 'militant atheist'. I didn't think that kind existed, I havn't seen any. What I did was to turned it 180 degrees. I found it humorous, if you didn't, well, then let's drop it. Or use it in the Spiritual Forum where it belongs.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 19:55
    if that is the way you see it, then who am i to question your evaluations.
    The question is, was that your intention?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 21:30
    The question is, was that your intention?
    oh nothing sinister, merely a little spice in the mix, you know how it is.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 21:44
    oh nothing sinister, merely a little spice in the mix, you know how it is.
    Nope, i don't know 'how it is'. That's why i've asked you numerous times to clarify exactly what you mean.

I find it slightly odd that you have spent the last week or so defending a statement you had made after more than one poster had somehow taken your words out of context, and here you are refusing to clarify your position.

The question remains what was your intention?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 22:505 edits
    Nope, i don't know 'how it is'. That's why i've asked you numerous times to clarify exactly what you mean.

I find it slightly odd that you have spent the last week or so defending a statement you had made after more than one poster had somehow taken your words out of context, and here you are refusing to clarify your position.

The question remains what was your intention?
    as i have stated, I have no further comment to make than that which i have made already. The statement may be evaluated in any way you like, it is entirely up to you, as for me, there is no justification needed for something that was made without sinister intent. As for any other threads on any other forums they are entirely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, indeed as is this has now become now a charade of a thread because of them. If you have anything to add to Jaywills question then post it, otherwise i have no alternative but to assume there is no forthcoming answer. I will comment no further on any of these quite frankly rather sensationalistic tabloid statements, if you want a soap opera, watch the TV.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 22:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Quoting scripture? Oh, well, that quote is from the Quaran and the Vedic books too. I'm not even sure that Jesus was the first one with that saying.

I smiled a little when you minted the expression 'militant atheist'. I didn't think that kind existed, I havn't seen any. What I did was to turned it 180 degrees. I found it humorous, if you didn't, well, then let's drop it. Or use it in the Spiritual Forum where it belongs.
    oh they exist alright.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 23:271 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 23:30

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Nov '10 23:341 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So that's your resentment. You don't want to consider the "coincidence" of the anthropic principle because of a personal beef about burning in hell ?

So much for objectivity and pure curiosity.
    OMG I am found out. I don't wish to burn in hell forever and ever all over my body. You saw right through me.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 20:05
    Testable & Predictive Creation Models are made and proposed. Dr. Ross says failed ones should be ruthlessly rejected.

YouTube&feature=related
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 22:42
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Testable & Predictive Creation Models are made and proposed. Dr. Ross says failed ones should be ruthlessly rejected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oI4OZTUJOc&feature=related
    So the jesus lovers should "strive for brutality". This makes sense, this way they can have an example of one of their failed theories. hey look, we're failing....what we are doing must be science!!! lol what a joke. Anyhow, this guy is not a PhD in astrophysics, he has a PhD in astronomy. While you would like me to believe the two fields are entirley interchangable, there is obviously a slight difference(most notably the rigorousness of the mathematics and physics used to solve problems) because if his phD was in astrophysics, his title would read Dr.Ross, PhD in astrophysics, but it doesn't, does it.

πŸ˜‰
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 22:46
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    So the jesus lovers should "strive for brutality". This makes sense, this way they can have an example of one of their failed theories. hey look, we're failing....what we are doing [b]must be science!!! lol what a joke. Anyhow, this guy is not a PhD in astrophysics, he has a PhD in astronomy. While you would like me to believe the two fields are en ...[text shortened]... rophysics, his title would read Dr.Ross, PhD in astrophysics, but it doesn't, does it.

πŸ˜‰[/b]
    Maybe it was Dr Ross, the nutritionist, when I was a kid there was Dr Ross Dog Food.
    It had a jingle that ended like this: Doctor Ross Dog food is Doggon Good, WOOF!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree