1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then I would like him to try to prove you wrong.
    I have already presented him with much evidence to prove him wrong, but he is too stubborn and brainwashed to even consider it, just as you seem to be.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My ONLY agends is to get to the truth.
    Yes, your agenda to kill evolution and force creationism to be foisted on impressionable minds. THAT is your only agenda. You could care less about the truth.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:28
    See what I mean.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:32
    "Too many" means too numerous to number.

This is a place to state opinions on science, so you are welcome to disagree with my quoted expert source of information.
    Not good enough, I want to know what fraction of papers, published in peer reviewed journals, suffer the faults you describe. Since "too many" could be just "some" you can make a small problem sound like a big one.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:351 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Not good enough, I want to know what fraction of papers, published in peer reviewed journals, suffer the faults you describe. Since "too many" could be just "some" you can make a small problem sound like a big one.
    whats the point of being peer reviewed if everyone as Huxley so eloquently puts it, 'is reading from the same cookbook?'
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:45
    Read the referenced article. I don't recall any mention of fractions.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 15:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    whats the point of being peer reviewed if everyone as Huxley so eloquently puts it, 'is reading from the same cookbook?'
    True. The Journals published by those promoting the evolution and billions of years ideas do not allow peer review from the scientists that disagree with those ideas.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 16:16
    True. The Journals published by those promoting the evolution and billions of years ideas do not allow peer review from the scientists that disagree with those ideas.
    I dont know about that but if a bunch of young earth creationists decide to get together and interpret a piece of scientific data and publish it so that other YEC can read it and they all reach a consensus as to its veracity is it not also peer reviewed?
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 16:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont know about that but if a bunch of young earth creationists decide to get together and interpret a piece of scientific data and publish it so that other YEC can read it and they all reach a consensus as to its veracity is it not also peer reviewed?
    No, the relevant peer group is the scientific community working in that field, so if you only include YECs then it's not the entire peer group. With regard to a paper about some point of biblical interpretation then YECs possibly could constitute a reasonable peer group, and scientists wouldn't.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 17:521 edit
    No, the relevant peer group is the scientific community working in that field, so if you only include YECs then it's not the entire peer group. With regard to a paper about some point of biblical interpretation then YECs possibly could constitute a reasonable peer group, and scientists wouldn't.
    No because then YECs would only make up a class or type of Biblical scholars and do not represent the entire Biblical scholarship community. One cannot have one rule for scientists and another for Bible scholars 😀
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 17:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you realize his main agenda with all this? To belittle science, to weaponize pseudoscience,
    Yes, but he's doing a piss-poor job of it.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 18:01
    You seem not to understand that there are scientists that are YECs. You seem brainwashed into believing that scientists must be evolutionists.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 18:561 edit
    You seem not to understand that there are scientists that are YECs. You seem brainwashed into believing that scientists must be evolutionists.
    If they pursue YEC in science, they are not scientists, they are politicians. In other words, they start out with an agenda that they feel must be proven regardless of the validity of their claims.

They are in the exact same boat as flat Earthers.

So, they will start off with the POV that carbon dating, rock dating, all dating techniques are AUTOMATICALLY bad and that is their starting point.

They won't then go, well since we have found dating techniques bad, we need to study dating techniques that give the correct dates. They don't do that, they simply put down the entire science of age dating.

They would be the last people in the world to actually invent a new technique to date rocks or fossils, since they don't want ANY data that says the Earth is more than a few thousand years old.

In other words, they are blinded by their own religious propaganda.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If they pursue YEC in science, they are not scientists, they are politicians. In other words, they start out with an agenda that they feel must be proven regardless of the validity of their claims.

They are in the exact same boat as flat Earthers.

So, they will start off with the POV that carbon dating, rock dating, all dating techniques are AUTOMATI ...[text shortened]... a few thousand years old.

In other words, they are blinded by their own religious propaganda.
    As I said before, you are brainwashed into believing a lie and are too stubborn to listen to the truth. Your statements are wrong. Some of those scientists that became YEC were in the evolution camp until the real science led them to the truth. Unlike you, they were open-minded enough to follow the evidence to where it led.

Dating techniques are available that show a young earth, but evolutionists are resisting the use of them. I have made reference to them before, but you continue to ignore what you do not want to believe.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Apr '14 21:38
    quOriginally posted by RJHinds
    As I said before, you are brainwashed into believing a lie and are too stubborn to listen to the truth. Your statements are wrong. Some of those scientists that became YEC were in the evolution camp until the real science led them to the truth. Unlike you, they were open-minded enough to follow the evidence to where it led.

Dating techniques are avai ...[text shortened]... have made reference to them before, but you continue to ignore what you do not want to believe.
    EVERY one of those so-called techniques have been refuted several times over but in your own self mutilated propagandized mind you cling to fantasy. Show me the so-called techniques and I will show you the refutation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree