1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 17:13
    @wildgrass said

(one of the reasons for the high death rate was the doctor-recommended treatment options: whiskey, smoking, onions, and yeast cakes)
    No wonder then!
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Nov '20 23:50
    @wildgrass said
    I don't know. You'll have to do some reading. I think Trump said the pandemic would end last April.

If Sars-Cov2 did the same thing as Spanish flu we're in for a long road of hurt. Long-term closures of all locations for public gathering (e.g. St. Louis in 1918). Public mask wearing and banned social gatherings for 1.5 more years. Staggered work schedules. Importantly, t ...[text shortened]... leadership and a much less politicized public health approach than its sibling Kansas City.[/quote]
    "I don't know"

That is the most intelligent thing you have said lately. Thanks for your honesty. I wish humy was capable of that kind of honesty.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '20 16:26
    @metal-brain said
    "I don't know"

That is the most intelligent thing you have said lately. Thanks for your honesty. I wish humy was capable of that kind of honesty.
    Public education teaches you to guess if you don't know the answer, but I think it's always important to acknowledge your own knowledge gaps.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Dec '20 08:40
    @wildgrass said
    it's always important to acknowledge your own knowledge gaps.
    -a message he will never take heed to and that shows just one of his terrible flaws.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Dec '20 22:52
    @wildgrass said
    Public education teaches you to guess if you don't know the answer, but I think it's always important to acknowledge your own knowledge gaps.
    Public education teaches you to admit you are wrong when you are wrong.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Dec '20 23:27
    @Metal-Brain
    Something you have a lot of trouble with.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '20 00:25
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Something you have a lot of trouble with.
    The Spanish Flu is not killing 5% of the population anymore. Why did this life threatening pandemic go away? If it mutated into a less harmful virus it may be possible that SARS2 could do the same thing in time.

Is it possible that Trump might be right when he said it would go away?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Dec '20 16:21
    @Metal-Brain
    Yeah, just a mild flu season a hundred years ago, almost 700,000 DEAD. Your empathy rating is so low it is below ground. You could care less about the over quarter million dead now, and I suppose you would agree with Eldar that the deaths reported are totally exaggerating the death count.
    The truth is if anything the death count is too low.
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 00:48
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    Yeah, just a mild flu season a hundred years ago, almost 700,000 DEAD. Your empathy rating is so low it is below ground. You could care less about the over quarter million dead now, and I suppose you would agree with Eldar that the deaths reported are totally exaggerating the death count.
    The truth is if anything the death count is too low.
    Irrelevant.

10. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '20 14:03
    @metal-brain said
    The Spanish Flu is not killing 5% of the population anymore. Why did this life threatening pandemic go away?
    Maybe do a little homework and get back to us? There's a whole field of epidemiology that studies this stuff.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 10:23
    @wildgrass said
    Maybe do a little homework and get back to us? There's a whole field of epidemiology that studies this stuff.
    Same advice to you.

It went away. That is good enough for me. Trump just didn't articulate well what he learned from the experts advising him. He isn't the smartest guy. You may have noticed. Doesn't make him wrong about everything though. Sometimes he gets stuff right.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Dec '20 10:523 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '20 03:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The Spanish Flu is not killing 5% of the population anymore. Why did this life threatening pandemic go away? If it mutated into a less harmful virus it may be possible that SARS2 could do the same thing in time.

14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 00:20
    @Metal-Brain
    IRRELEVANT? Those 700,000 deaths were ONLY IN THE US and assswipes like you thinks it doesn't matter?

Too bad it wasn't your FOLKS who died back then, you would not be here now to spout such hatred.

Covid ends when the vaccine gets universally shot into every one's arms.

You are one sick puppy. Irrelevant. One of the worse things you have EVER said.

BARR NONE.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Dec '20 03:08
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    IRRELEVANT? Those 700,000 deaths were ONLY IN THE US and assswipes like you thinks it doesn't matter?

Too bad it wasn't your FOLKS who died back then, you would not be here now to spout such hatred.

Covid ends when the vaccine gets universally shot into every one's arms.

You are one sick puppy. Irrelevant. One of the worse things you have EVER said.

BARR NONE.
    "Covid ends when the vaccine gets universally shot into every one's arms."

You want to force people to take it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree