1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 22:29
    It is just like any other virus.

Covid can only go away once enough people have gotten the virus and developed immunity.

Only other option is to be able to quarantine your population and try to snuff it out with lock downs and contact tracing and such.

Of course with the US there is no way to quarantine the population, illegals can enter the country at will.

If the only way for the US to be done with Covid is enough people getting sick, slowing the spread simply prolongs the virus.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 23:101 edit
    @Eladar
    Trump said his wall goes all the way across the southern border and Mexico is paying for it.

Is that true? Wouldn't that stop those millions of wet backs?

One thing about Covid, it seems to be mutating as we speak, perhaps growing less virulent.
    But that is not the last Covid coming down the pike, there might be one in another 100 years as deadly as ebola or HIV.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 23:12
    @eladar said
    It is just like any other virus.

Covid can only go away once enough people have gotten the virus and developed immunity.

Only other option is to be able to quarantine your population and try to snuff it out with lock downs and contact tracing and such.

Of course with the US there is no way to quarantine the population, illegals can enter the country at will.

If t ...[text shortened]... S to be done with Covid is enough people getting sick, slowing the spread simply prolongs the virus.
    If people stop spreading it it will die off because it cannot reproduce.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 02:59
    @athousandyoung said
    If people stop spreading it it will die off because it cannot reproduce.
    Has the flu died off?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 06:391 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 07:313 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Has the flu died off?
    There are many different strains of flu.
    Any strain of flu that people have everywhere successfully stopped spreading have dies off.
    Logically, if people everywhere stopped spreading coronavirus then it will die off.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 08:37
    @humy said
    There are many different strains of flu.
    Any strain of flu that people have everywhere successfully stopped spreading have dies off.
    Logically, if people everywhere stopped spreading coronavirus then it will die off.
    Your post is poorly written. Would you care to try to revise your statement to make sense this time? I am not a mind reader.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 08:37

9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 08:573 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Obviously I don't. Obviously I mean Covid-19 in humans, not in non-human animals. Please don't insult our intelligence.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 09:01
    @metal-brain said
    Would you care to try to revise your statement to make sense this time?
    So if we are to believe you now then apparently you are now so moronic that you cannot understand plain English statements like "There are many different strains of flu".
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 09:24
    @humy said
    So if we are to believe you now then apparently you are now so moronic that you cannot understand plain English statements like "There are many different strains of flu".
    "Any strain of flu that people have everywhere successfully stopped spreading have dies off.
    Logically, if people everywhere stopped spreading coronavirus then it will die off."

stopped spreading have dies off? Try writing correctly.

then it will die off? Is "it" the flu or SARS2?

My point was that if you cannot get rid of the flu how do you expect to get rid of SARS2?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 09:5011 edits
    @metal-brain said
    "Any strain of flu that people have everywhere successfully stopped spreading have dies off.
    Logically, if people everywhere stopped spreading coronavirus then it will die off."

stopped spreading have dies off?
    That is to any non-moron a minor misedit where I should have typed something like "would die off" rather than "have dies off". Is that your only complaint? That's pretty pathetic nitpicking if that's the best you can do. You also sometimes make an edit mistake in one of your posts. Example; At the start of page 3 of this thread, you typed "You are a shmuck." which contains the misspelling of the word when 'schmuck'. Obviously, I wouldn't nitpick or complain to you about you making such a trivial edit error in your post but this trivial edit error of yours shows the fact you regress to nitpicking about such trivial edit errors in my posts shows you are a hypocrite.
    Is "it" the flu or SARS2?
    WOW what a stupid question!
    My statement was;
    "Logically, if people everywhere stopped spreading coronavirus then it will die off"
    therefore, to any non-moron that understand basic English, that "it" refers to coronavirus and, more specifically given this particular current context, Covid-19, and also more specifically, in humans, not in non-human animals.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 20:55

14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 22:27
    @metal-brain said
    Has the flu died off?
    People keep spreading the flu. Also it can infect animals.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 22:28
    @metal-brain said

stopped spreading have dies off? Try writing correctly.

then it will die off? Is "it" the flu or SARS2?

My point was that if you cannot get rid of the flu how do you expect to get rid of SARS2?
    Influenza has a genetic reassortment mechanism that makes it particularly resilient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree