Short of a Vax, how does covid end?

Short of a Vax, how does covid end?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maddog1213

Central Office

Moves
09 Dec 20

Maddog1213

Central Office

Moves
09 Dec 20

@sonhouse
Covid does not end when everyone gets inoculated. Covid ends when we reach herd immunity. Unfortunately, this may not happen b/c the vaccine hasn't been tested long enough to prove it's efficacy over time so it's really all just a crapshoot and a prayer. So we just need to keep our masks on and hold on.

I've lost a few family members from this so I really hope this works.

Maddog1213

Central Office

Moves
09 Dec 20

@Metal-Brain
I'm not an epidemiologist by any means but I do remember reading an article some time ago about the paths that these viruses can take. They can mutate into a milder form AND become more contagious OR mutate into a more dangerous form and become less contagious.
Ebola is an example of the second kind of mutation where it self-moderates by killing off its hosts and is not very contagious.
I think Covid will eventually mutate into the first form and be around a while. I wouldn't be surprised if it falls into the yearly cold/flu cycles.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Dec 20

@Scotty70
So sorry to hear of your lost ones. We lost a co-worker at my job and two others were in hospital for 2 months with Covid.
A daughter also has it and she has 4 kids and husband at home so we can probably assume they will get it too.

We are high risk, I am a genuine old fart and my wife is only 3 years younger but she has diabetes and asthma so she is in high category.

I don't think the term would be called 'herd immunity', which I think of as something that occurs without intervention with vaccines and the like.

I have the right to be wrong however🙂

MB

Moves
10 Dec 20

@scotty70 said
@sonhouse
Covid does not end when everyone gets inoculated. Covid ends when we reach herd immunity. Unfortunately, this may not happen b/c the vaccine hasn't been tested long enough to prove it's efficacy over time so it's really all just a crapshoot and a prayer. So we just need to keep our masks on and hold on.

I've lost a few family members from this so I really hope this works.
About 50% of all sterile medical devices in the U.S. are sterilized with ethylene oxide, according to the FDA.

Ethylene oxide is a known carcinogen. Make sure face masks are not sold as sterile.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Dec 20

@Metal-Brain
The way they sterilize masks is to hit them with a strong dose of UVC, they don't need chemicals.

MB

Moves
13 Dec 20

Vaccination cards will be issued to everyone getting Covid-19 vaccine, health officials say.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/health/covid-19-vaccination-kit-record-card/index.html

MB

Moves
13 Dec 20

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/12/no_author/lockdowns-do-not-slow-covid-spread-three-studies-show/