So... monument?
    Dig a bit deeper.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '18 16:56
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Unless you have something else to bring to the table, it appears you have no skin in the game and your opinion on the topic is irrelevant.
    As is yours. There is ZERO evidence for anything about the pyramids having to do with energy.

Some idiot makes up tales about ancient technology and hyperscience, for instance, saying humans could not POSSIBLY have been smart enough THEREFORE (with zero evidence) that aliens exist AND helped the ancients build pyramids. They of course cannot come up with a believable reason why some random advanced alien would WANT to help make pyramids that glorified a pharaoh so they made up a bogus tale about aliens wanting to give humans advanced technology.

Funny thing is there is no such technology to be seen and no aliens either.

It is all just another man made tale just like Christianity. But of course you fall for it hook line and sinker since you figure it somehow aligns with the flat Earth.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '18 17:34
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    As is yours. There is ZERO evidence for anything about the pyramids having to do with energy.

Some idiot makes up tales about ancient technology and hyperscience, for instance, saying humans could not POSSIBLY have been smart enough THEREFORE (with zero evidence) that aliens exist AND helped the ancients build pyramids. They of course cannot come up w ...[text shortened]... rse you fall for it hook line and sinker since you figure it somehow aligns with the flat Earth.
    How are you an expert on a topic you have failed to even look at?
    Who actually acts in real life like you do on here?
    I mean, without 24-hour in-home care?
    Toxic.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '18 19:322 edits
    How are you an expert on a topic you have failed to even look at?
    Who actually acts in real life like you do on here?
    I mean, without 24-hour in-home care?
    Toxic.
    Ah, implying YOU are just such an expert. So tell me about the peer reviewed Phd papers describing the advanced energy production machinery of the Pyramids and what happened to all that technology since all we have now is a pile of rocks with chambers cut out inside.

I know, we lived nearby and actually visited the three famous ones and the sphinx.
    We even had a famous Egyptologist by the name of Zawi Hawass as a guide, whom you no doubt, in your infinite wisdom, know all about.

Have YOU been there?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    14 May '18 19:44
    Unless you have something else to bring to the table, it appears you have no skin in the game and your opinion on the topic is irrelevant.
    My opinion certainly does not trump that of experts on Egyptian pyramids, who happen to agree that the pyramids were constructed as tombs of pharaohs. Since I have a background in physics, I am qualified to comment on physics research and the viewpoints of experts in physics. However, I am not qualified to question the consensus among the experts of ancient Egyptian history.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '18 21:23
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    My opinion certainly does not trump that of experts on Egyptian pyramids, who happen to agree that the pyramids were constructed as tombs of pharaohs. Since I have a background in physics, I am qualified to comment on physics research and the viewpoints of experts in physics. However, I am not qualified to question the consensus among the experts of ancient Egyptian history.
    And those experts who claim they are tombs are wrong.
    There are tombs in the area, but they differ significantly from what is seen in Giza.
    This information is covered in the video, but unfortunately, osmosis only works under certain conditions.
    To date, it hasn't proven to be a reliable transfer mechanism for knowledge.
    There is more to suggest energy source than anything else.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 May '18 21:25
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Ah, implying YOU are just such an expert. So tell me about the peer reviewed Phd papers describing the advanced energy production machinery of the Pyramids and what happened to all that technology since all we have now is a pile of rocks with chambers cut out inside.

I know, we lived nearby and actually visited the three famous ones and the sphinx.
    We ...[text shortened]... as a guide, whom you no doubt, in your infinite wisdom, know all about.

Have YOU been there?
    Yes, sonhouse, I am an expert.
    An expert at listening to ideas, to analyzing the information and then making informed and reasonable conclusions on the topic considered.
    Case in point, this one.

In opposition to my modus operandi, you.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    14 May '18 21:39
    There are tombs in the area, but they differ significantly from what is seen in Giza.
    This information is covered in the video, but unfortunately, osmosis only works under certain conditions.
    Unfortunately, not only experts on ancient Egyptian history have the ability to make YouTube videos.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '18 12:20
    Unfortunately, not only experts on ancient Egyptian history have the ability to make YouTube videos.
    I don't follow.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '18 14:31
    I don't follow.
    The view of non-experts who make videos does not trump the view of relevant experts. If you wish to challenge the consensus of experts, become an expert yourself first so you know what views you are criticizing.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:371 edit
    The view of non-experts who make videos does not trump the view of relevant experts. If you wish to challenge the consensus of experts, become an expert yourself first so you know what views you are criticizing.
    I'm well aware of the expert view, as it was/is mine for five decades, three of which were spent with a serious eye towards the general topic of Egyptology--- spurred onto an expanded frame of reference after an intense period of study while in Boston twenty years ago.

Knowing what I know of the expert view, I find the suggestion interesting on the basis of the elements the production keys upon which are the acknowledged weaknesses to the expert view of the pyramids purpose.

That being said, there is more compelling in the points raised than can be pat down via quick dismissal and the obligatory reference to the expert opinion.

That's not how science works at all.
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 May '18 16:51
    Hard to tell if you're serious or facetious on this, but I watched and clearly that video was presenting half baked ideas with very little basis in reality. Lots of "perhaps this might explain.." types of statements that are forced through using very selective information. That's why, as others have suggested, you need to consult experts with a more complete understanding of the facts who will poke all kinds of holes in this. Its full of consipratorial statements about why Tesla's work was destroyed, some strange compunction to hide the truth about the pyramids. Why the conspiracy? That's not addressed. Why would the Egyptians want to transmit electricity through the stratosphere from Giza to South America? Unclear. Stephon Dimitrov, the creator of the video, seems like the type of person who wears a tin foil hat and avoids touching elevator buttons.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:50
    Originally posted by @wildgrass
    Hard to tell if you're serious or facetious on this, but I watched and clearly that video was presenting half baked ideas with very little basis in reality. Lots of "perhaps this might explain.." types of statements that are forced through using very selective information. That's why, as others have suggested, you need to consult experts with a more compl ...[text shortened]... eo, seems like the type of person who wears a tin foil hat and avoids touching elevator buttons.
    We're supposed to touch them?
    Says who?
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    15 May '18 17:54
    We're supposed to touch them?
    Says who?
    Tesla. There's an Egyptian hieroglyph that clearly looks like a person (or alien) reaching for a button.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    15 May '18 19:56
    I'm well aware of the expert view, as it was/is mine for five decades, three of which were spent with a serious eye towards the general topic of Egyptology--- spurred onto an expanded frame of reference after an intense period of study while in Boston twenty years ago.

Knowing what I know of the expert view, I find the suggestion interesting on the bas ...[text shortened]... ssal and the obligatory reference to the expert opinion.

That's not how science works at all.
    Taking crackpot garbage seriously is not how science works at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree