1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 May '13 04:57
    I was thinking about this before and I think I read something about it also. Anyway one model or the classic BB model is that the universe started as a singularity then expanded outward all the mass/content of the universe. However by definition this would be a black hole. Imagine the mass of the whole universe it would be the biggest black hole ever. I'm not sure this is even plausible how? Nothing can theoretically escape a black hole. The idea of the white hole for the beginning of the universe is more plausible (Some creationist believe this) Einstein predicted the theoretic possibility of white holes though none have been observed (well some think hypernovas could be white holes) anyway what are the mechanics for escaping a black hole?

Manny
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 May '13 05:21
    Originally posted by menace71
    I was thinking about this before and I think I read something about it also. Anyway one model or the classic BB model is that the universe started as a singularity then expanded outward all the mass/content of the universe. However by definition this would be a black hole. Imagine the mass of the whole universe it would be the biggest black hole ever. I'm n ...[text shortened]... rnovas could be white holes) anyway what are the mechanics for escaping a black hole?

Manny
    http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/BlackHoles/universe.html
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    04 May '13 09:47
    I was thinking about this before and I think I read something about it also. Anyway one model or the classic BB model is that the universe started as a singularity then expanded outward all the mass/content of the universe. However by definition this would be a black hole. Imagine the mass of the whole universe it would be the biggest black hole ever. I'm n ...[text shortened]... rnovas could be white holes) anyway what are the mechanics for escaping a black hole?

Manny
    The universe didn't need to "escape" from the singularity, the universe is the singularity. The big bang is the start of the expansion of the universe. The whole thing expands rather than the stuff inside getting out.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '13 17:30

Manny
    The thing about size is this: Space is pliable. So when we look at a black hole, to us it may only be ten km across but inside it could be a whole universe where beings like us look out on a star filled sky and think it is 30 billion light years across for them.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 18:35
    Starlight And A Young Earth - Dr. G. Charles Jackson

YouTube
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 19:15
    Evidence for a Young Earth - Convicted - Dr. Brad Harrub

YouTube&NR=1&feature=endscreen
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    04 May '13 20:13
    "Dr." Brad Harrub Debunked

YouTube
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 21:053 edits
    Originally posted by Kepler
    "Dr." Brad Harrub Debunked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqvkkoJQFl8
    So you think someone with a German accent presenting his own smugness debunks a person with a southern American accent and his perceived smugness on scientific observations. He misses the point that Dr. Brad Harrub is speaking of what our children are being taught, so that is what this German accenting man is attempting to debunking instead of what scientist believe today.

I found it difficult enough to suffer through his German accent to listen to his ramblings on about the same old indoctrination by those trying to prop up the theory of evil-lution. Although he criticizes Dr. Harrub of laziness to research google to find the truth, he fails to mention his own laziness, ignorance, and subborness to learn the truth through gaining any educational degree or attempts at obtaining a PHD in this subject that he now expects us to believe he can speak on with authority. I suggest that this man with the German accent is the one that is mentally lazy and deluded instead of the one he charges as such. 😏

The Instructor
  9. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    04 May '13 23:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you think someone with a German accent presenting his own smugness debunks a person with a southern American accent and his perceived smugness on scientific observations. He misses the point that Dr. Brad Harrub is speaking of what our children are being taught, so that is what this German accenting man is attempting to debunking instead of what scientis ...[text shortened]... e that is mentally lazy and deluded instead of the one he charges as such. 😏

The Instructor
    Strangely, I don't think the German mentioned evolution once. What subject does "Dr" Harrub hold a PhD in? I suspect it is either medical, in which case merely honorary, or in something like fairy biology from Hollywood Upstairs College a la Dr. Nick.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 May '13 23:372 edits
    Strangely, I don't think the German mentioned evolution once. What subject does "Dr" Harrub hold a PhD in? I suspect it is either medical, in which case merely honorary, or in something like fairy biology from Hollywood Upstairs College a la Dr. Nick.
    He did not have to mention evolution or evi-lution because I know about adaption, breeding, and variations in microevolution and changing from on kind to another kind in macroevolution, a.k.a. evil-lution. It is obvious the he believes in evil-lution like you because he has to call Dr. Harrub names to defend his believe in the billions of years that is necessary to make it somewhat believable. If he only believed in microevolution, he would not be so hostile to hear a different idea.

P.S. Dr. Brad Harrub, PHD

Brad Harrub holds an earned B.S. degree in biology from Kentucky Wesleyan College, and an earned doctorate degree in anatomy and neurobiology from the College of Medicine at the University of Tennessee in Memphis. He was listed in Who’s Who Among Scientists and Researchers. He is the author of Convicted: A Scientist Examines the Evidence for Christianity, Heart of the Matter, Dissecting the Truth, and the coauthor of the books, The Truth About Human Origins, Investigating Christian Evidences, Matters of Life and Death, Diamonds in the Rough: Nuggets of Truth from God’s Word and has written many tracts and articles for brotherhood journals. He is a popular speaker on Christian evidences at lectureships, youth rallies, etc in over 47 states and five different continents. He conducts over 40 “Truth About Origins” weekend seminars each year. In addition, he was an invited speaker to the International conference on Creationism, and he has appeared on the television show “Origins.”

What about your man with the German accent?
  11. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 May '13 10:45
    He did not have to mention evolution or evi-lution because I know about adaption, breeding, and variations in microevolution and changing from on kind to another kind in macroevolution, a.k.a. evil-lution. It is obvious the he believes in evil-lution like you because he has to call Dr. Harrub names to defend his believe in the billions of years that is nece ...[text shortened]... he has appeared on the television show “Origins.”

What about your man with the German accent?
    As I suspected, medical therefore honorary. He has done no real research and is certainly not qualified to talk about astrophysics or cosmology. On that basis, I'd be more likely to ask the opinion of Harry down the pub. He actually knows some real science despite not having a PhD.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 13:36
    As I suspected, medical therefore honorary. He has done no real research and is certainly not qualified to talk about astrophysics or cosmology. On that basis, I'd be more likely to ask the opinion of Harry down the pub. He actually knows some real science despite not having a PhD.
    Dr. Harrub has authored or co-authored numerous scientific publications in science journals, so it appears you are wrong again.
  13. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 May '13 13:47
    Dr. Harrub has authored or co-authored numerous scientific publications in science journals, so it appears you are wrong again.
    Go on then, which journals and on what subjects?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 May '13 19:59
    Go on then, which journals and on what subjects?
    You do not have a need to know. 😏
  15. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    05 May '13 20:26
    You do not have a need to know. 😏
    Nothing reputable or credible then. Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree