1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '18 19:08
    https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum-molecular-para-isomer-water-greater-reactivity-than-ortho-isomer
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 02:45
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    https://www.sciencealert.com/quantum-molecular-para-isomer-water-greater-reactivity-than-ortho-isomer
    Ahhh, yer full of water!
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 08:56
    Yes, that was reported on the BBC website as well. It's surprising that nuclear spin measurably affects chemical properties.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 14:13
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    Yes, that was reported on the BBC website as well. It's surprising that nuclear spin measurably affects chemical properties.
    Maybe some kind of effect on an electrical or magnetic basis similar to frame dragging of orbiting moons or such? The spin would induce magnetic fields I assume, maybe I am wrong about that?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 15:20
    The memory of water is another mind-blowing concept that--- thus far--- explanation eludes us.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 16:131 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    The memory of water is another mind-blowing concept that--- thus far--- explanation eludes us.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory

Yeah, NOBODY can explain that......

So we can add that to the continually growing lists of conspiracy theories you tout. Here's an idea: Conduct your OWN experiments to show us we are all wrong rather than falling for every crank video hook line and sinker.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 17:52
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory

Yeah, NOBODY can explain that......

So we can add that to the continually growing lists of conspiracy theories you tout. Here's an idea: Conduct your OWN experiments to show us we are all wrong rather than falling for every crank video hook line and sinker.
    Conduct your OWN experiments to show us we are all wrong rather than falling for every crank video hook line and sinker.
    Says the jackass who runs to Wiki for his responses instead of researching it for himself.

Not even the same topic, hero.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 18:442 edits
    [b]Conduct your OWN experiments to show us we are all wrong rather than falling for every crank video hook line and sinker.
    Says the jackass who runs to Wiki for his responses instead of researching it for himself.

Not even the same topic, hero.[/b]
    Not the same topic? Did you actually read this report? The experiments were done over with zero findings. Memory of water is just another outdated theory proven to be wrong.

I post viable WIKI showing the history of the subject.

YOU on the other hand, use any quack video like the one claiming ancient Egyptians had technology way more advanced than we of the modern world will ever have. and ANY video that even vaguely claims to show Earth is flat.

THEN claiming WE are the jackasses.

Trolls like you get my Irish up but I will try not to fall to your level of insult.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Jun '18 20:021 edit
    No, there isn't such thing as "The memory of water" thus there is nothing there that requires an "explanation" that "eludes us" and the OP link has nothing to do with either "memory of water" claptrap or any other pseudoscience claptrap like flat-earth but rather is of a bit of real science, something you wouldn't understand.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 06:46
    Maybe some kind of effect on an electrical or magnetic basis similar to frame dragging of orbiting moons or such? The spin would induce magnetic fields I assume, maybe I am wrong about that?
    Well the proton has a magnetic moment due to being a spinning charge, it is difficult to imagine that some sort of spin selection rule is in plays so all that can be responsible for the effect are the protons magnetic fields being aligned or unaligned. But the difference in energy levels is going to be tiny.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 12:19
    Not the same topic? Did you actually read this report? The experiments were done over with zero findings. Memory of water is just another outdated theory proven to be wrong.

I post viable WIKI showing the history of the subject.

YOU on the other hand, use any quack video like the one claiming ancient Egyptians had technology way more advanced than we ...[text shortened]... ackasses.

Trolls like you get my Irish up but I will try not to fall to your level of insult.
    No, it is not the same topic to which I referred.
    I am thinking of Dr. Masaru Emoto's findings on the molecular structure of water and how it responds to intention.

The "quack video" about ancient civilizations in possession of technology more advanced than ours remains standing, until such time as you are able to formulate a better hypotheses.
    The abilities they had have been demonstrated as superior to ours in many fields, despite your complaints otherwise.

I didn't say everyone else was a jackass; just you--- and mostly because you are miserable at paying anywhere near close attention to what is being said to you, and yet you'll sprint off to conclusions unrelated to the topic nonetheless.

"Get your Irish up" sounds so-so-so intimidating.
    Please don't hurt my Dutch with your Irish.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 12:20
    Originally posted by @humy
    No, there isn't such thing as "The memory of water" thus there is nothing there that requires an "explanation" that "eludes us" and the OP link has nothing to do with either "memory of water" claptrap or any other pseudoscience claptrap like flat-earth but rather is of a bit of real science, something you wouldn't understand.
    Who said it had something to do with the OP... other than the obvious, that is: both related to water.

You and your echo chamber buddy, sonhouse, have serious attention issues.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 12:30
    Who said it had something to do with the OP... other than the obvious, that is: both related to water.

You and your echo chamber buddy, sonhouse, have serious attention issues.
    No, your only interest and I do mean ONLY is in conspiracy theories, crackpot ideas that have been refuted a dozen times over, you come across a crackpot video like this water memory and you fall for it hook line and sinker.

It's a real shame you come here to promote conspiracy rather than showing an actual interest in science.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 12:58
    No, your only interest and I do mean ONLY is in conspiracy theories, crackpot ideas that have been refuted a dozen times over, you come across a crackpot video like this water memory and you fall for it hook line and sinker.

It's a real shame you come here to promote conspiracy rather than showing an actual interest in science.
    Your moon landing fantasy had been refuted repeatedly, but you cling to it for reasons unknown.
    Too much invested, I suppose.
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Jun '18 13:16
    No, it is not the same topic to which I referred.
    I am thinking of Dr. Masaru Emoto's findings on the molecular structure of water and how it responds to intention.

The "quack video" about ancient civilizations in possession of technology more advanced than ours remains standing, until such time as you are able to formulate a better hypotheses.
    The a ...[text shortened]...
    "Get your Irish up" sounds so-so-so intimidating.
    Please don't hurt my Dutch with your Irish.
    You don't really believe this stuff do you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree