1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 09:14
    Originally posted by Dasa
    And they surly didn't come from an explosion.
    But explosions too follow the laws of physics.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 09:30
    The laws of physics are created and maintained by conscious intelligence and that conscious intelligence is always connected and involved with those laws......although at the level of leaves falling from trees the conscious involvement allows the laws to act without interference.

So summarizing the leaves falling are under control of laws but those laws are ...[text shortened]... on without purposeful intelligent selection would not give us the millions of wonderful species.
    So why can't the laws of physics created and maintained by the 'conscious intelligence' guide the evolutionary process?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 18:11
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So why can't the laws of physics created and maintained by the 'conscious intelligence' guide the evolutionary process?
    Actually it could.......absolutely.

But the authority (the Veda) has not accepted this evolution theory.

Now your next enquiry will be why is the Veda the authority and can it be trusted.

Well the answer to that is elusive because to understand how and why the Veda is the authority the person must embrace the teachings and actually live them for some time to enable the understanding to take root.

Spiritual knowledge is different than mundane material knowledge in as much that it has to be realized in the heart.

With mundane knowledge you simply read the printed words on the page and remember them and you have your knowledge.

With spiritual knowledge there will be many things presented that are beyond simple understanding and there needs to be acquired a thing called spiritual insight which is like a sixth sense.

This spiritual insight is a real phenomena and can easily be acquired by the sincere student but they are required to follow certain processes.

The Veda will instruct the student how to purify the mind and heart and it is when the mind and heart are sufficiently purified that the spiritual insight becomes developed.

Science tells us that we only use 20% of our brains so you can understand what I mean when I say there is a sixth sense and a phenomena called spiritual insight that is just waiting to be tapped.

Spiritual insight is there and waiting for every person who embraces true spirituality and follows strictly.

So what I am saying is......when a person has this spiritual insight they can understand easily that the Veda is the true authority and they then embrace the Veda whole heartedly.

In Christianity the followers have to have faith in the beginning and in the middle and at the end but with the Veda the student only needs faith in the beginning and after the spiritual insight has developed then faith is no longer required for the student enters into a place of understanding called knowing (not faith).........do you have faith that the earth spins or do you know it spins.

So the Veda is the authority and I don't really expect persons to just simply agree but the Veda can be put to the test but only by the method I have just explained.

When a person wants to understand spirituality completely and fully they must have a Guru who they can connect with and rely on for all those questions that will certainly arise over time but having a Guru (teacher) can come later but not too much later.

Becoming seriously involved in spirituality is the biggest step in a persons life, bigger than getting married or anything else for it is the most important thing anyone can do.

Actually it is the only important thing.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 19:52

Now your next enquiry will be why is the Veda the authority and can it be trusted.

Well the answer to that is elusive because to understand how and why the Veda is the authority the person must embrace the teachings and actually live them for some t ...[text shortened]... e for it is the most important thing anyone can do.

I admire your ability to say nothing with so many words.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I admire your ability to say nothing with so many words.
    For the fool nothing is everything and everything is nothing.

So please present something useful.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 05:53
    So please present something useful.
    Why should he when you never have?
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 10:17

Well the answer to that is elusive because to understand how and why the Veda is the authority the person must embrace the teachings and actually live them for some t ...[text shortened]... e for it is the most important thing anyone can do.

I only needed to know the first two sentences.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 21:28
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Right, so where did God come from?
    God had no beginning and has no end--he has been, is and always will be. Makes Him a bit hard to study scientifically, which is why He's best left in the Spirituality forum. But farveit from me to suggest a change of venue. As many atheists as I've seen trample down the vintage of the Spirituality Forum, I'd say it's okay to take up a thread here for a change. 🙂
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 06:491 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    God had no beginning and has no end--he has been, is and always will be. Makes Him a bit hard to study scientifically, which is why He's best left in the Spirituality forum. But farveit from me to suggest a change of venue. As many atheists as I've seen trample down the vintage of the Spirituality Forum, I'd say it's okay to take up a thread here for a change. 🙂
    Are you equating atheists with science, or spirituality as the opposite of science?

Or is it that you recognise that your response is illogical? (not in and of itself, but as a response to the question and its origin in this thread).
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 18:09
    The problem here is you are stating 'god had no beginning and no end' and presenting that as if it were a scientific fact. The actuality is this is a belief having no commonality in science. As such, there should be no statements like that in a science forum unless you have scientific evidence nobody else on Earth has at this point in time.

Until such evidence surfaces, it is religion not science and should be treated as such.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 06:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The problem here is you are stating 'god had no beginning and no end' and presenting that as if it were a scientific fact. The actuality is this is a belief having no commonality in science. As such, there should be no statements like that in a science forum unless you have scientific evidence nobody else on Earth has at this point in time.

Until such evidence surfaces, it is religion not science and should be treated as such.
    True--it is a belief, not a fact, as all questions about God must be answered on the basis of faith and not fact. Still, I am curious as to why the question is in the science forum? It's fine that it's here--I just don't get it.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 08:24
    True--it is a belief, not a fact, as all questions about God must be answered on the basis of faith and not fact. Still, I am curious as to why the question is in the science forum? It's fine that it's here--I just don't get it.
    All questions about God are only answered with faith not fact.

This is an uninformed comment - made by someone who does not have the true spiritual perspective.

You are thinking......"As I think the whole world thinks".

Correct?

This is a style of limited thinking that is destined to fail.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 20:491 edit

Well the answer to that is elusive because to understand how and why the Veda is the authority the person must embrace the teachings and actually live them for some t e for it is the most important thing anyone can do.

Actually, the student can ask -- without prejudice, and in all sincerity, because you would be first to acknowledge there are false reporters on what the Vedas say -- this student can ask for direct evidence (e.g., quotations or links in a faithful translation and purport and commentary) in which the Veda has not accepted this evolution theory. But in fact, what would be asked for is not merely that -- it is the more important direct evidence that the Veda has REJECTED this evolution theory.

You have provided many such citations of Vedic wisdom. One that shows the Vedas rejecting this evolution theory is requested. This question precedes any question about the authority of the Vedas, because if there is no such showing of Vedic REJECTION of this evolution theory, there would be no need to question the authority of the Vedas on this question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree