What is the Sun's Angle?

What is the Sun's Angle?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @freakykbh
And yet you do it on the regular.
This is exceedingly simple stuff.
And you're a programmer, too, if you're to be believed.
Surely you have access to modeling software which would allow you to see the effects of a light source on objects from varying distances.

Right?
In my own study of gravitational lensing, I calculated the angles light would hit the solar system coming from a distant star and any star puts out its light radially, that is, facing you the light comes straight at you and at 90 degrees the light mostly goes 90 degrees away from you.

You may not choose to believe that but that is reality,

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jul 17

This is exceedingly simple stuff.
Yes it is.

And you're a programmer, too, if you're to be believed.
Surely you have access to modeling software which would allow you to see the effects of a light source on objects from varying distances.

Right?

Boy are you over-thinking things.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @twhitehead
Yes it is.

[b]And you're a programmer, too, if you're to be believed.

Right?

Boy are you over-thinking things.[/b]
Let's see, just WHAT do they call that. Wait. I'm THINKING. Oh yes. RAY TRACING.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Jul 17
1 edit

Yes it is.

[b]And you're a programmer, too, if you're to be believed.

Right?

Boy are you over-thinking things.[/b]
Perhaps.

But that doesn't change the fact that a distant light source will hit objects at 90°.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Jul 17

Perhaps.

But that doesn't change the fact that a distant light source will hit objects at 90°.
light is streams of photons. Each one has a separate path, some lined up behind one another because the path angle is the same but even ight from a distant star does not do like you want. That is because even the view of Earth, about 8000 miles wide or 12,000 Km, the angle of light coming from the edge will be different than the angle coming from the centerline connecting the center of the star with the center of Earth, no way to get around that. The photons hitting the edge of Earth are on a different path than the photons from that star coming from the direction = to the angle of the centerlines connecting the two objects, center to center.

This is simple geometry and you know it.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jul 17

Or rather it doesn't change the fact that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

( 90° to what exactly? )

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Jul 17

Or rather it doesn't change the fact that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

( 90° to what exactly? )
I may, indeed, have no idea what I'm talking about, and yet I am describing the modeling of the exact same thing.
I know you know what a 90° angle is, so I can't tell what clarification you're requesting.

h

Moves
20 Jul 17
5 edits

I may, indeed, have no idea what I'm talking about
I think I may have just detected a truly staggering inexplicable sudden breathtakingly massive cognitive improvement in your ability to comprehend reality!

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jul 17

I may, indeed, have no idea what I'm talking about, and yet I am describing the modeling of the exact same thing.
You may think you are, but you clearly are not. You are just talking nonsense.

I know you know what a 90° angle is, so I can't tell what clarification you're requesting.
And I know that you have no idea what a 90° angle is as is obvious from your nonsensical sentence using it earlier.
That you couldn't even figure out what I was trying to clarify demonstrates you absolute cluelessness on the matter.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Jul 17

Originally posted by @humy
I think I may have just detected a truly staggering inexplicable sudden breathtakingly massive cognitive improvement in your ability to comprehend reality!
H, it looks like Freak has put me on an ignore list so he isn't even seeing my posts. Ask hime where does he think light goes if it is 90 degrees off the centerline connecting the two bodies. Does he think that somehow the light emitted from 90 degrees off center line is going to magically make a left or right turn and all of a sudden just happen to be going to incercept Earth? Even at that if there was a magic mirror, the angle would still be different than centerline photons.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Jul 17

[b]I know you know what a 90° angle is, so I can't tell what clarification you're requesting.

And I know that you have no idea what a 90° angle is as is obvious from your nonsensical sentence using it earlier.
That you couldn't even figure out what I was trying to clarify demonstrates you absolute cluelessness on the matter.[/b]
So when you see it modeled, do you insult the model?
Insist the programmer somehow doctored the results?
Forget what I am claiming and simply look at a model of it.

F

Moves
20 Jul 17

Forget what I am claiming...
Thank you!

h

Moves
20 Jul 17
2 edits

Can you try and visualize a model of a house without thinking anything to do with 'house' because you forgot 'house'?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Jul 17

[b]I know you know what a 90° angle is, so I can't tell what clarification you're requesting.

That you couldn't even figure out what I was trying to clarify demonstrates you absolute cluelessness on the matter.[/b]
H, I think I figured out which 90 Degree he is talking about, that would be 90 degrees on Earth. So light hitting the centerline V light hitting the edge of the planet, 6370km away, so a triangle with hypotenuse starting at edge of Earth to centerline touching Sol So a base of 6 E6 meters and one leg, centerline 1.48E11 meters plus whatever the hypotenuse is, 1.48E11 meters plus some number of meters. I don't have time to do the math, have to get to a Sputtering tool, load up some more product to get SIC coating. Argon

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jul 17

So when you see it modeled, do you insult the model?
No, why would I do that?

Insist the programmer somehow doctored the results?
Seriously. You need a programmed model to figure this out?

I don't need to look at a model of it. You are talking nonsense and everybody but you knows it. (OK, you probably also know you are talking nonsense)