1. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 21:46
    Originally posted by patauro
    I dream and remember them every night and almost every night I awake in my dream, realize that I am dreaming (while still asleep and dreaming) then I consciously go and do things that I want/need to see and do. I don't know if that makes any sence, but it is very fun, real and enlightening for me.
    This is called lucid dreaming. I have sort-of done it a handful of times but not to any great extent. It normally takes a lot of practice to achieve.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lucid+dreaming

It is the realisation that you are actually dreaming that I gather is the hardest part.

--- Penguin.
  2. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 22:52
    Originally posted by mlprior
    So I had a dream last night that one of my teeth fell out and there was a new one just emerging to take it's place!

So I basically had a third set of teeth coming in!

Does that dream mean that my teeth are far more evolved than the average human teeth?😀
    The common dream of teeth becoming loose and then falling out represents the fear of premature ejacualtion.
  3. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 23:58
    Yes, I have been doing that sort of dreaming for a long time, I didn't talk to others about it, then found it was called Lucid dreaming. Sounds weird to say this, but this inner dreaming thing, it is a real as right here and now. I have certainly seen and done a lot of things, mostly good things, on the inner. it's a big world in there.
  4. Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 00:38
    Yes, I have been doing that sort of dreaming for a long time, I didn't talk to others about it, then found it was called Lucid dreaming. Sounds weird to say this, but this inner dreaming thing, it is a real as right here and now. I have certainly seen and done a lot of things, mostly good things, on the inner. it's a big world in there.
    Please send link on article of how to do it.
  5. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 02:54
    Originally posted by znsho
    The common dream of teeth becoming loose and then falling out represents the fear of premature ejacualtion.
    😠
  6. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 03:10
    Originally posted by Penguin
    This is called lucid dreaming. I have sort-of done it a handful of times but not to any great extent. It normally takes a lot of practice to achieve.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lucid+dreaming

It is the realisation that you are actually dreaming that I gather is the hardest part.

--- Penguin.
    That is crazy!

I often have the dream that I need to wake up because someone is in my room, but for some reason I can't move and can't wake myself up. It is very agonizing! I don't know if that is lucid or not. It's probably just a sign of craziness!
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 04:05
    I succeeded in doing this only once.

Do you have a sunny disposition? I regular have terrifying dreams which may contribute to my not wanting to wake up in them.

I did have an exceptionally interesting one the other night: I was gaining insight into 'Moebius Man', whose existence was some proof of eternity.
  8. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 07:552 edits
    I have done this a few times too, I can't find a particular trigger for
    why it happens.

My dreams are much akin to my web surfing experience. They go
    something like this. 'Hey, wow I'm in a dream and it's really real'.
    Then I get real close to an object, either an ornament or a carpet
    and see how good the resolution is.

Then I think 'Oh wow, I can do anything!, see anything, be anyone!'
    'Hmmm...'

Then an entourage of big titted women appear and just as I'm about
    to paint the mercy tree, I wake up. 🙁

I can usually put myself back under if the intention is strong enough
    but the women have usually cleared out and taken the soft
    furnishings with them.

What's really weird is coming out of a lucid dream that is staggered
    with layers of different realities. You have to go through a kind of
    mental checklist of recent memories to confirm it's the right reality.

Can be very disconbobulating.
  9. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 20:39
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    I have done this a few times too, I can't find a particular trigger for
    why it happens.

My dreams are much akin to my web surfing experience. They go
    something like this. 'Hey, wow I'm in a dream and it's really real'.
    Then I get real close to an object, either an ornament or a carpet
    and see how good the resolution is.

Then I think 'Oh wow, I ca ...[text shortened]... recent memories to confirm it's the right reality.

Can be very disconbobulating.
    You mentioned "layers of reality" which reminded me of my personal expereinces in that respect. This is not really science (yet) and perhaps this/these posts should be in the metaphysical forum, but there is not a metaphysical forum.

Personally I believe there are MANY inner layers of reality, they are experienced by many today and throughout the ages. Recently it seems there is research in this area. For me, I am a well adjusted, good, professional woman who experiences this inner world of dreams and OBE's. I'm not on a crusade here, but I know what I know is real and what is not.
  10. Joined
    23 Mar '06
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 04:06
    You mentioned "layers of reality" which reminded me of my personal expereinces in that respect. This is not really science (yet) and perhaps this/these posts should be in the metaphysical forum, but there is not a metaphysical forum.

Personally I believe there are MANY inner layers of reality, they are experienced by many today and throughout the ages. ...[text shortened]... dreams and OBE's. I'm not on a crusade here, but I know what I know is real and what is not.
    You should look into "string theory" it sounds like what you are talking about with "layers of reality".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

I guess I tend to believe more in "layers of consciousness" as I see many people go through life in a kind of coma state.
  11. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 11:271 edit

Personally I believe there are MANY inner layers of reality, they are experienced by many today and throughout the ages. ...[text shortened]... dreams and OBE's. I'm not on a crusade here, but I know what I know is real and what is not.
    There was a transcendental forum for a very brief period of time but now
    nobody knows where it's gone.

Studying how the brain utilises and contends with sleep. Together with how
    our subjective realities are then perceieved is not bush craft you know?

Nor is the idea that such mechanisms could play a part in the formation
    of actual realities.

Maybe this is why such little research has been performed on sleep.

I'm interested in what you meant by this reminding you of your own
    experience, care to elaborate?
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 06:58
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Surely not. What is the use of isolated consciousness?

Then there are people who claim to have remained conscious while dreaming. And I've read about people capable of eluding sleep and dreams via a 'higher' state of consciousness.

I want a genuine horn and ivory gate set.
    Conciousness allows self analysis, creating empathy and concious self improvement.
  13. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    26 Apr '09 23:15
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    There was a transcendental forum for a very brief period of time but now
    nobody knows where it's gone.

Studying how the brain utilises and contends with sleep. Together with how
    our subjective realities are then perceieved is not bush craft you know?

Nor is the idea that such mechanisms could play a part in the formation
    of actual realities.

May ...[text shortened]... interested in what you meant by this reminding you of your own
    experience, care to elaborate?
    I'm usually light hearted, but to get temporarilly "heavy" here , my experience has been that all life experences many "levels" of reality.(which do exist, it's not magic, religous, "metiphysical", ESP, ) It is a matter of scale and awareness in that an aemobie compared to a human compared to an advanced intelligence-obvioslly the feedback loop is more realized as complexity increases.

So to answer your question, perhaps we should do the individual chat thing because others probably think this sudo-science(which it is) and

you coo-coo for asking, and my personal experiences are mine and I don't mind sharing them with you and chatting, but perhaps

not to the whole community/world. Sometimes words fall a bit short.
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 02:47
    My doc says it's just our brains firing off neurons.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 03:03
    I've had lucid dreams at least once. It was amazingly pleasurable. I've been trying in a half-assed way to do it again, and I've succeeded only in remembering traces of dreams (I haven't been able to remember my dreams for a while). The trick I use is to count my fingers and/or look at some numbers or words, look away, and read the numbers and words again to see if they're the same. I got that from Wikipedia, which says remembering dreams is the first step to lucid dreaming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree