1. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 09:16
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I've had lucid dreams at least once. It was amazingly pleasurable. I've been trying in a half-assed way to do it again, and I've succeeded only in remembering traces of dreams (I haven't been able to remember my dreams for a while). The trick I use is to count my fingers and/or look at some numbers or words, look away, and read the numbers and word ...[text shortened]... got that from Wikipedia, which says remembering dreams is the first step to lucid dreaming.
    Totally. There's a fortune to be made if anyone finds a way to induce
    lucid dreaming ad hoc.
    I find it happens more often when I've got a lot on my mind and I'm
    lying in bed, considering the really important things in life, like 'shall I
    have that firth wonk or not?'
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 14:15
    The last dream I remember was something about Turkey rejecting Islam. I remember thinking "So that's Turkey and Pakistan...both ends of the Muslim World are shrinking".

It wasn't lucid though.
  3. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 08:47
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The last dream I remember was something about Turkey rejecting Islam. I remember thinking "So that's Turkey and Pakistan...both ends of the Muslim World are shrinking".

It wasn't lucid though.
    It's time for the atheists of the world to rise up and fight the facist
    regime of religion!!

I attend chuch quite regularly now to mock the Christians, I take my
    lack of faith very seriously.
  4. Joined
    15 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 05:18
    According to sigmond frued or some guy that is high in the psychology world, sorrry i dont remember who said this or where i read this but it hypothesized that dreaming might allow us to "fufill" our day. So take this for example, I am a track runner and i work hard at practice, compete at meets and my wish is to run a 2:10 800 meter. In reality i cant do it but in my dreams my brain sets up a dream that allows me to run my goal when i am unable to really do it. ....so when people are having crazy sex dreams its cuz they arn't getting any in real life. 😉
  5. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 07:081 edit
    Originally posted by jman566
    According to sigmond frued or some guy that is high in the psychology world, sorrry i dont remember who said this or where i read this but it hypothesized that dreaming might allow us to "fufill" our day. So take this for example, I am a track runner and i work hard at practice, compete at meets and my wish is to run a 2:10 800 meter. In reality i cant do it ...[text shortened]... ...so when people are having crazy sex dreams its cuz they arn't getting any in real life. 😉
    Weird, I read this last night and then dreamt I could reach into my
    computer with my overly callused hand and bitch-slap Freud.
    What does THAT mean?
  6. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    06 May '09 06:14
    Simple. People can't shut up. Their brains are constantly turned on. They dream about the things they have been thinking about. Most of it doesn't make any sense because the things they think about don't make any sense!

I, on the other hand, dream about nothing. It's a blank. My mind turns on when I wake up. It needs to regenerate while I sleep, not yammer on about penguins riding unicorns or some damn thing....
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 May '09 17:27
    Originally posted by jman566
    According to sigmond frued or some guy that is high in the psychology world, sorrry i dont remember who said this or where i read this but it hypothesized that dreaming might allow us to "fufill" our day. So take this for example, I am a track runner and i work hard at practice, compete at meets and my wish is to run a 2:10 800 meter. In reality i cant do it ...[text shortened]... ...so when people are having crazy sex dreams its cuz they arn't getting any in real life. 😉
    That last bit is definitely true.

The only time I ever had one of these lucid dreams is when I was in the doghouse and had to sleep on the couch.

I dreamed that she had forgiven me and that we had [edited for audience] make up sex. It was like it was really happening.

When I woke up I was still on the couch and I was really disoriented wondering where I was. It took me around 2 whole minutes to figure out that the previous night was just a dream.

Of course, being the dummy that I am, I made a sly remark about it later in the day... You can probably guess how that went.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 May '09 17:30
    Originally posted by uzless
    Simple. People can't shut up. Their brains are constantly turned on. They dream about the things they have been thinking about. Most of it doesn't make any sense because the things they think about don't make any sense!

I, on the other hand, dream about nothing. It's a blank. My mind turns on when I wake up. It needs to regenerate while I sleep, not yammer on about penguins riding unicorns or some damn thing....
    Maybe if their brains are thinking all the time that IS why they have dreams. Perhaps your dreams are blank because your mind is always blank.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Jun '09 21:47
    wow! what a nice thread!
    just 2 points:
    1. With lucid dreaming there seems to be very few 'rules' but one of them seems to be that you cant change the lighting.(you just try to switch on a light in your dream and if it doesn't work then you are dreaming,or need a new lightbulb)
    I had one lucid dream where the light switch in my flat had an extra switch on it. That was a little clue that totally 'awoke' me to the fact that i was dreaming.
    2. I heard no mention of 'archetypal' dreams such as flying or falling. These type of dreams seem to be common across different cultures and beliefs and seem to serve a purpose . that purpose being 'divination' (for want of a better word)
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 07:54
    Originally posted by patauro
    I'm usually light hearted, but to get temporarilly "heavy" here , my experience has been that all life experences many "levels" of reality.(which do exist, it's not magic, religous, "metiphysical", ESP, ) It is a matter of scale and awareness in that an aemobie compared to a human compared to an advanced intelligence-obvioslly the feedback loop is more r ...[text shortened]... ng, but perhaps

not to the whole community/world. Sometimes words fall a bit short.
    Do you remember how did you start in order to achieve awareness whilst dreaming?
    Could you please comment?
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree