1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 18:08
    There were male and female animals before Eve was made. I'm afraid your comment of 'because man was lonely' isn't quite accurate.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Jul '13 20:16
    Originally posted by Eladar
    There were male and female animals before Eve was made. I'm afraid your comment of 'because man was lonely' isn't quite accurate.
    So can you suggest a reason why God would make male and female other than the well known evolutionary explanations?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 01:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So can you suggest a reason why God would make male and female other than the well known evolutionary explanations?
    He said it was so that they could multipy on the Earth after their own kind instead of a different kind which is believed by evilutionists.

The Instructor
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 06:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He said it was so that they could multipy on the Earth after their own kind instead of a different kind which is believed by evilutionists.

The Instructor
    Sex is not required for multiplication. Many species multiply perfectly well without sex.
    Try again.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 07:16
    Sex is not required for multiplication. Many species multiply perfectly well without sex.
    Try again.
    Well, God did not create our species to multipy without sex and I am happy with that.

The Instructor
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 07:35
    Well, God did not create our species to multipy without sex and I am happy with that.

The Instructor
    You do maths while having sex?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jul '13 09:41

The Instructor
    Why? In humans, sex is used for a lot more than multiplication. I think only Robbie believes sex is to be had purely for the sake of having children.
    What would be wrong with having sex, but doing the multiplication separately? Wouldn't it be so much simpler if men and women could both have children as and when they choose without the need for sex?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 02:13
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    You do maths while having sex?
    The furthest thing from my mind.

The Instructor
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 07:31
    http://oyc.yale.edu/ecology-and-evolutionary-biology

I've got to lecture 9, "The Evolution of Sex". He gives lots of reasons why sex is maintained and also explains the male/female aspect of it. However I recommend watching the lectures before that too, in order to understand the context.
    He says the hard thing to understand from an evolutionary stand point, is how some life forms have managed to survived long periods without sex.

So if Kelly, or anyone else really wants to know the answers to the OP, I highly recommend the above lecture series as a starting point.

I also maintain my claim that:
    Evolution explains Sex.
    Creationism doesn't.
    Considering the complexity and survival costs of sex, creationism has a considerable amount of explaining to do.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 17:10

I've got to lecture 9, "The Evolution of Sex". He gives lots of reasons why sex is maintained and also explains the male/female aspect of it. However I recommend watching the lectures before that too, in order to understand the context.
    He says the hard thing to understand from an evolutionary stan ...[text shortened]... lexity and survival costs of sex, creationism has a considerable amount of explaining to do.
    GOD DID IT.

That explains it from the creation worldview.

If you wish for a more detailed explanation, then that is up to you to search out.

The Instructor
  11. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 17:13
    GOD DID IT.

That explains it from the creation worldview.

If you wish for a more detailed explanation, then that is up to you to search out.

The Instructor
    No, I did it.

If you wish for a more detailed explanation, then that is up to you to search out. Hallelujah!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 17:16
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    No, I did it.

If you wish for a more detailed explanation, then that is up to you to search out. Hallelujah!
    A good joke is always welcome. 😀

The Instructor
  13. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 17:27
    A good joke is always welcome. 😀

The Instructor
    The Bible, although mostly dreadfully boring, is actually quite amusing sporadically. My favourite part is 2 Kings 2:23-25, that part really cracked me up.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 18:43

He says the hard thing to understand from an evolutionary stan ...[text shortened]... lexity and survival costs of sex, creationism has a considerable amount of explaining to do.
    If evolution explains sexual reproduction, then does evolution explain asexual reproduction? If evolution explains both, then it explains neither. lol

It explain things for you because it fits your religious beliefs. You are in a boat just like the Creationists, it's just a different boat.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 18:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If evolution explains sexual reproduction, then does evolution explain asexual reproduction? If evolution explains both, then it explains neither. lol
    Yes, as we all know, a valid theory can only explain one thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree