1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '13 19:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes, as we all know, a valid theory can only explain one thing.
    LOL!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 07:21
    The Bible, although mostly dreadfully boring, is actually quite amusing sporadically. My favourite part is 2 Kings 2:23-25, that part really cracked me up.
    I think the moral there is that little children should not call God's prophet, a name such as bald head.

The Instructor
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 07:45
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If evolution explains sexual reproduction, then does evolution explain asexual reproduction? If evolution explains both, then it explains neither. lol

It explain things for you because it fits your religious beliefs. You are in a boat just like the Creationists, it's just a different boat.
    If evolution explains sexual reproduction, then does evolution explain asexual reproduction?

yes.
    evolution explains both,

yes.
    then it explains neither.

no -why would an explanation of two things explain neither?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 13:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think the moral there is that little children should not call God's prophet, a name such as bald head.

The Instructor
    Yes, it's nice that the LORD had a proportional punishment in store for the children who did (and couldn't know that Elisha was a prophet, even if he was).
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 19:141 edit
    Yes, it's nice that the LORD had a proportional punishment in store for the children who did (and couldn't know that Elisha was a prophet, even if he was).
    What I kind brave god this must be, punishing little vulnerable innocent mortal children with his infinite powers and immortality. He must feel like a real man bullying those skinny little kids.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 19:24
    Originally posted by humy
    What I kind brave god this must be, punishing little vulnerable innocent mortal children with his infinite powers and immortality. He must feel like a real man bullying those skinny little kids.
    Makes one wonder: if the punishment for calling someone "baldy" is death, what would be the punishment for "numbnuts"?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 19:26
    Originally posted by humy
    You should also learn that too, for if little children will be punished for their sin, then you are not to think you are above the law of God either. The moral of the story for you to learn is that you are next, unless you change your ways, which includes your bad attitude.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 19:30
    Makes one wonder: if the punishment for calling someone "baldy" is death, what would be the punishment for "numbnuts"?
    Well, you are not one of God's prophets. You are at the scumbag level at present.

The Instructor
  9. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 20:21
    Well, you are not one of God's prophets. You are at the scumbag level at present.

The Instructor
    I may be one of God's prophets. Fortunately the Bible prescribes a way for you to find out whether or not I am a prophet. I'll leave it as a homework exercise for you to find that out.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 20:47
    I may be one of God's prophets. Fortunately the Bible prescribes a way for you to find out whether or not I am a prophet. I'll leave it as a homework exercise for you to find that out.
    I have already disqualified you, numbnuts!

The Instructor
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 21:11
    I have already disqualified you, numbnuts!

The Instructor
    And I am sure the children in question thought they had disqualified the prophet in question. Obviously if they hadn't they would have been more careful with their insults.
    Jesus recognised this problem and cautioned people to treat everyone, especially those you think are inferior to yourself, as being Jesus himself.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 21:14
    I suppose if you haven't read the Bible, then you'd have to do some homework to figure that out. It is probably a pretty obscure line in the Bible for you.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 21:391 edit
    You should also learn that too, for if little children will be punished for their sin, then you are not to think you are above the law of God either. The moral of the story for you to learn is that you are next, unless you change your ways, which includes your bad attitude.

The Instructor
    if little children will be punished for their sin,

“if”? So, according to you, do little children get punished by your god for their “sins” or not? If so, is that why your god allows so many little kids die young of horrible infectious diseases? -even those that have never heard of 'god' or are too young to know anything about such stupid superstition? And is this a sign of a kind caring god?
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 00:31
    This is the science forum. This discussion should be in the Spirituality forum. Can we please talk about science and not be side-tracked. Creationists have their point of view, which we can talk about here where it relates to science, but the goods and evils of religions belong in the spirituality forum, that being what it's for.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 05:41
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This is the science forum. This discussion should be in the Spirituality forum. Can we please talk about science and not be side-tracked. Creationists have their point of view, which we can talk about here where it relates to science, but the goods and evils of religions belong in the spirituality forum, that being what it's for.
    Good point.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree