1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 17:271 edit
    Beta testers, please post feedback here. Thank you.

Note : If you are not a beta tester, the content of this thread is likely to confuse - features/bugs discussed here will not apply to you.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 18:15
    * Flip/rotating the board is now achieved using the icon in the top right of every board large enough to accommodate the new button.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 18:252 edits
    * If you increase the size of the site font using the new button(menu bar "A" ), you may experiences some unusual rendering. The second option will return you to normal size again
  4. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '18 19:23
    On a first impression it seems to be working well. Not too jarring a change for me. I like the gallery view with the timeout graphs on the bottom of each board.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Sep '18 09:12
    @ggjark said
    On a first impression it seems to be working well. Not too jarring a change for me. I like the gallery view with the timeout graphs on the bottom of each board.
    I've just uploaded a fix for this - the timeout bars should be beside the board, rather than below, when space permits, to avoid all the wasted white space.
  6. Upstate NY
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 11:57
    So far so good, with limited use on both Win10/Firefox desktop and iPhone/Safari. I've seen no bugs so far but did notice a couple of items to suggest:

First, I do like the pop-up opponent profile for quick access from the My Games list. However, I would recommend accessing this quick window view ONLY from the small icon (double squares) to the side of the opponents name. I'd rather have the link from the name itself still go to the full profile page as it used to. A practical example of why I say this was just now sending a post-game message. Normally, I would click the name from the My Games list, then click the Message button. 2 clicks. With the new UI, I had to click the name (shows mini profile window), click the Show Full Profile, then click the Message. 3 clicks. (Unless I missed another way to directly message from the mini profile?)

Second, when sending a message, the message window remains open after the message is successfully sent. A banner briefly flashes indicating the message was sent. I would rather have the message window simply close after sending. When it stays open, there is the chance that a user may miss the banner flash, and end up sending multiple messages (not realizing that a message is going through each time). In fact, even though I saw the banner, the window remaining opened seemed a little off and made me wonder if something was wrong.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Sep '18 12:131 edit
    Originally posted by @gedwin
    So far so good, with limited use on both Win10/Firefox desktop and iPhone/Safari. I've seen no bugs so far but did notice a couple of items to suggest:

First, I do like the pop-up opponent profile for quick access from the My Games list. However, I would recommend accessing this quick window view ONLY from the small icon (double squares) to the side of t ...[text shortened]... nner, the window remaining opened seemed a little off and made me wonder if something was wrong.
    Thank you for the feedback.

I'm considering adding the PM and a PM chat log into a tab - therefore you can click a user name anywhere on the site and you can review and send PMs with no need to click away.

The "message sent" message is about too be updated too... more on that later today hopefully.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:45
    The beta will be unavailable briefly tomorrow AM GMT as a new build is uploaded.
    If you are getting no response tomorrow when online, please wait 10 minutes then try again.
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 01:091 edit
    Generally I like the new visuals better than the old, but I am having a problem with the delicate font used for text. Making it larger doesn't make it any more readable and two forum posts maximum onscreen destroys the continuity of reading.
    Instead of bigger text, I would like to see blacker or slightly more solid text, perhaps half as much as the present bold text.
    While we're on this topic, an "insert bold" button would save a lot of tricky typing.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 17:30
    @gedwin said
    when sending a message, the message window remains open after the message is successfully sent. A banner briefly flashes indicating the message was sent. I would rather have the message window simply close after sending. When it stays open, there is the chance that a user may miss the banner flash, and end up sending multiple messages (not realizing that a message is going ...[text shortened]... e banner, the window remaining opened seemed a little off and made me wonder if something was wrong.
    The send message window does close now (as does any other single-action forms that are on the pop-out windows) when an action is successful.

Also, the way many actions indicate success or failure has now changed.

Rather than a banner that pushes down all content below it (quite annoying at times, and clearly not working for you anyway) there is now a "notification" that appears at the bottom of your browser without interfering with the page layout. You will see this for many actions, such as saving in-game notes.

This notification is very much a version 1, and in future will be improved so multiples will stack if many actions are conducted in sequence.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 17:48
    A PM request by @IBeatScurvey, on MyGames - you can now delete or archive games without a full page reload. This is now on the beta, and works with no additional folders or many folders. This technique was used elsewhere perviously (deleting Notifications, of all things, for example) so was expended to My Games.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 17:54
    Other fixes since last update :
    - "Reset" button reintroduced to Game Analysis.
    - Long standing open invites don't incorrectly show depleted time before they even start.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '18 19:12
    @gedwin said
    However, I would recommend accessing this quick window view ONLY from the small icon (double squares) to the side of the opponents name. I'd rather have the link from the name itself still go to the full profile page as it used to.
    I forgot to mention earlier, since this beta started, clicking avatars will take you to full profile, clicking names popped up the new profile summary.
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:361 edit
    I have a "Tables scroll request."

When looking at any table, as you move down the table the entire page will scroll up and off of the top of the screen, so that you no longer can see the header that shows the title of the data displayed in each column.

This is especially confusing when looking at the "my performance" table, but it applies to all tables that are longer than what can be seen on the screen.

I don't know if this is a good time to address this but if not, perhaps it can be looked into for a future upgrade.

At one time one of the greasemonkey scripts took care of this, but the next time the RHP program was modified, the GM script no longer worked and was never repaired in order to keep up with the RHP changes.
  15. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 13:332 edits
    "Vacation icon" and "Previous Record vs." requests.

I am thinking of something like what happens when we 'mouse over' a flag icon and are shown what country the flag represents.

When a vacation icon is active, could we be able to 'mouse over' the vacation icon and have a little pop-up window show the date when the vacation option is scheduled to expire. Right now it displays "on vacation", but a little useful information would be of more value, I think.

And in the same manner, if we 'mouse over' any person's username, is it possible to pop-up a window and display a brief 'Previous Record vs.' between ourself and that person.
    (I know this data is already available in other places, but this would be very handy.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree