1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 15:171 edit
    As things stand, this will be going live early (pre-office hours) Tuesday AM GMT.

*edit : previously said Monday.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '18 17:33
    One last tweak - the public forums list is now ordered by last activity.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Oct '18 10:37
    @russ said
    As things stand, this will be going live early (pre-office hours) Tuesday AM GMT.

*edit : previously said Monday.
    Sorry, now Wednesday.

Why the delay? So I can give 100% availability to cover any issues that may arise for at least 24 hours, and for differing reasons, this wasn't possible
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 05:06
    Thank you to everyone who tested. This process has now finished. Until next time! 🙂
  5. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:36
    New format looks generally tidier, but I'm missing the big button to FLIP the screen. I flip all the time.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 07:38
    Flip button is still there, but moved.

See here :

Blog Post 398

The reason for this change was the inconsistency throughout the entire web site for the flip button placement.

On all large boards it is now placed in the top right hand corner. No need to hunt for it.
  7. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 20:08
    Yes I know where it is. I was just complaining that it is SMALLER so requires a more precise movement of the mouse pointer to hit it, and I use it a lot.
    Still a good upgrade overall, streets ahead of your rivals, thanks.
  8. Upstate NY
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 16:37
    A quick bit of feedback on the beta-testing process itself:
    I would have rather just had my account entirely switched over to the beta site, or a toggle switch in settings. (Easier said than done, perhaps). This sounds somewhat nit-picky I know, but the reality is that the need for repeated, separate login credentials did affect the degree of beta testing I got to. Trying to remember the id/password or look it up in the PM each time just wasn't worth it given the way I use the site for frequent, short check-ins throughout the day.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 16:29
    Thank you for the feedback. In the past we had an open public beta, and that might have been useful in this case too. It would have removed the issue you had too. Although your browser should have offered to remember the beta site name/password after the first time of entry?
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 16:32
    @dm7 said
    Yes I know where it is. I was just complaining that it is SMALLER so requires a more precise movement of the mouse pointer to hit it, and I use it a lot.
    A flip button has been reinstated (next to Submit Move) which is now within thumbs reach if using an iPad.
  11. Upstate NY
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 16:36
    @russ said
    Thank you for the feedback. In the past we had an open public beta, and that might have been useful in this case too. It would have removed the issue you had too. Although your browser should have offered to remember the beta site name/password after the first time of entry?
    I use both personal and non-personal devices to access my account. So, it was really on the non-personal devices that the passwords proved repetitive. My beta testing ended up being only when I was on personal devices, which turned out over the beta period to be a relatively small fraction of my site exposure.

Again, fyi. I may be an exception in this, but wanted to float the feedback to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree