1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 15:031 edit
    @russ said
    * If you increase the size of the site font using the new button(menu bar "A" ), you may experiences some unusual rendering. The second option will return you to normal size again
    When I click the "A", is it possible to highlight which size text I am currently viewing? It shows four sizes, and they are displayed on alternate background colors, but it is not clear which one is my current setting.

I do not understand what is meant by 'the second option'. I am not seeing that.

Thanks!
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 15:44
    On the "Play Chess" game page, above the submit move button there is a new icon to change board settings.

The options offered at that link are different than the options that come up on the board settings link when you go to 'board' from 'My Settings'. I am talking about the "after move preference" options. i.e. - "my games, current, or next waiting."

Will they be the same when this beta version goes 'live'?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 17:53
    @mwmiller said
    When I click the "A", is it possible to highlight which size text I am currently viewing? It shows four sizes, and they are displayed on alternate background colors, but it is not clear which one is my current setting.

I do not understand what is meant by 'the second option'. I am not seeing that.

Thanks!
    The second option is the 2nd link. I have just patched in a 'reset to default' button - but will need to do a little more to show the currently selected.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Sep '18 23:49
    @russ said
    The second option is the 2nd link. I have just patched in a 'reset to default' button - but will need to do a little more to show the currently selected.
    It's actually not that important Russ. Just a matter of making selections until you find the size that is best for you, then it stays set on that selection and you can still easily change it up or down at any time.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 16:19
    On some of my games, the board doesn't fill my phone's screen.

I'm using Android and Chrome.

http://i68.tinypic.com/xfbv2o.jpg
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 17:52
    @bigdoggproblem said
    On some of my games, the board doesn't fill my phone's screen.

I'm using Android and Chrome.

http://i68.tinypic.com/xfbv2o.jpg
    Tournament (long) name and description is causing that...fix will be up for tomorrow.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 17:13
    @mwmiller said
    On the "Play Chess" game page, above the submit move button there is a new icon to change board settings.

The options offered at that link are different than the options that come up on the board settings link when you go to 'board' from 'My Settings'. I am talking about the "after move preference" options. i.e. - "my games, current, or next waiting."

Will they be the same when this beta version goes 'live'?
    The (old) board settings page is just a duplicate now, and doesn't really serve a purpose, unless someone wanted to change their board style and doesn't actually play any games. That is not going to be the case for most people, so will probably be removed before this is released to production.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 17:203 edits
    @mwmiller said
    When a vacation icon is active, could we be able to 'mouse over' the vacation icon and have a little pop-up window show the date when the vacation option is scheduled to expire. Right now it displays "on vacation", but a little useful information would be of more value, I think.
    As the vacation booking data is not public right now, I would need to do a consultation and make everyone aware of such a change, if it was to happen.

I favor keeping it private, but I'm willing to go with the majority on this one. There are few added complexities if it is public too - if you show just the current vacation, and someone books sequential short holidays, what then? Showing planned future vacations is not really an option.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 17:43
    @russ said
    Tournament (long) name and description is causing that...fix will be up for tomorrow.
    Fix is now up.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 18:22
    @mwmiller said
    is it possible to pop-up a window and display a brief 'Previous Record vs.' between ourself and that person.
    (I know this data is already available in other places, but this would be very handy.)
    I'll look into this - displaying it in both the pop-up profile, and the full profile page. But this won't make it for this release (I'll patch it in later) because I need to draw a line under changes now and prepare for getting this release done.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 01:52
    Hated it at first (W7 big widescreen desktop) but now I'm comfortable with the new formatting. Now it's off to try out the Android tablet. 🙂
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 10:111 edit
    @kewpie said
    Now it's off to try out the Android tablet. 🙂
    I don't have an Android tablet available anymore (just phones), but have been testing on a recent iPad, which I've been happy with in both rotations.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 13:311 edit
    Both rotations good in Android 7 tablet. 😀
    I don't have a phone.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 14:09
    @kewpie said
    Both rotations good in Android 7 tablet. 😀
    I don't have a phone.
    By rotations, I meant orientations, of course. Doh.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Sep '18 15:32
    We are now running close to a release candidate - only branded versions to prepare before release. If you can break it, please break it now! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree