1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    25 Oct '16 13:10
    I feel no obligation whatsoever to keep another poster's "secret" abuse and threats confidential ~ simply because they were delivered in a private PM. I can understand not posting the threatening PM in a public forum, but I see no reason at all why one cannot confide in friends when actual threats have been made. Abusers should not be allowed to hide behind 'secrecy'. I certainly will not confide in the web site as I don't trust it to handle such an issue properly.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Joined
    10 Dec '04
    Moves
    797330
    25 Oct '16 22:08
    Surely you can forward the PM to admin for action (assuming by your post that they have broken T.O.S. by using threats etc.) and put the said person on ignore list.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    25 Oct '16 22:14
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Surely you can forward the PM to admin for action (assuming by your post that they have broken T.O.S. by using threats etc.) and put the said person on ignore list.
    I think if people are threatened, they should deal with it how they see fit. The most important aspect may not be whether the person making the threats is breaking rules on some technical level, but may instead be the fact that the person making the threats has displayed their true nature and cannot claim that they have a right to secrecy.
  4. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    114819
    25 Oct '16 23:09
    I'm missing the Site Idea in all this. 😕
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    26 Oct '16 03:16
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'm missing the Site Idea in all this. 😕
    If abuse and threats are going on, people (i.e. the targets) should be open and explicit about the fact that it's happened, and not shroud it in secrecy and deal with it 'behind closed doors' ~ which is what handing the problem over to the web site amounts to.
  6. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    114819
    26 Oct '16 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If abuse and threats are going on, people (i.e. the targets) should be open and explicit about the fact that it's happened, and not shroud it in secrecy and deal with it 'behind closed doors' ~ which is what handing the problem over to the web site amounts to.
    Having now received copies of the PMs in question, and noting your fondness for open communication, I'll state it plainly: the both of you are acting like children. I don't for one instant believe that you feel threatened by this person, who has no idea what you look like, or where you live. I think your raising this issue is solely motivated by furtherance of a petty personal feud. I think the both of you take yourselves and this website far too seriously.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    26 Oct '16 04:11
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Having now received copies of the PMs in question, and noting your fondness for open communication, I'll state it plainly: the both of you are acting like children. I don't for one instant believe that you feel threatened by this person, who has no idea what you look like, or where you live. I think your raising this issue is solely motivated by furth ...[text shortened]... petty personal feud. I think the both of you take yourselves and this website far too seriously.
    I don't feel threatened at all. And the abuse is water off a duck's back to me (and has been for the several years that it has been going on). I myself haven't made any threats. And I haven't subjected the other poster to any "abuse" of the kind alleged in the PM. I don't want to see the poster in question punished or sanctioned because the behaviour is quite simply pathetic and deluded ~ so I did not alert the PM. I simply told my friends here what was in the PM, and I did its sender the courtesy of informing them that I hadn't kept the ludicrous content "secret" as was probably the sender's hope. If you genuinely think I somehow actually felt threatened by the PM, and that THAT it is the issue, then it is you who is responding like a child and you who is taking yourself and this website far too seriously, not me. 😉
  8. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    295749
    26 Oct '16 06:49
    Now we get insults in this forum .
    Please start an "INSULTS FORUM " so that all these idiots can go there and leave the rest of us alone
  9. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    26 Oct '16 07:13
    Originally posted by padger
    Now we get insults in this forum .
    Please start an "INSULTS FORUM " so that all these idiots can go there and leave the rest of us alone
    "Idiots"? 😛
  10. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    26 Oct '16 08:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I feel no obligation whatsoever to keep another poster's "secret" abuse and threats confidential ~ simply because they were delivered in a private PM. I can understand not posting the threatening PM in a public forum, but I see no reason at all why one cannot confide in friends when actual threats have been made. Abusers should not be allowed to hide behind 'sec ...[text shortened]... certainly will not confide in the web site as I don't trust it to handle such an issue properly.
    Forwarding a message sent via the message inbox system is not a breach of the Terms of Service so I can't really see the issue here.
  11. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29845
    26 Oct '16 08:38
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Forwarding a message sent via the message inbox system is not a breach of the Terms of Service so I can't really see the issue here.
    I agree. What about informing the sender - publicly - that that is what one has done?
  12. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    5232
    26 Oct '16 10:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I agree. What about informing the sender - publicly - that that is what one has done?
    That is also clearly not a breach of the Terms of Service.
  13. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86846
    26 Oct '16 14:13
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Forwarding a message sent via the message inbox system is not a breach of the Terms of Service so I can't really see the issue here.
    Me neither.

    I saw the PM and I would have published it in the general forum for all to see.
    And taken the ban that went with doing so.
  14. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86846
    26 Oct '16 14:151 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    ...I think the both of you take yourselves and this website far too seriously.
    And yet you took this website seriously enough to "feud" with the admins, leave and subsequently rejoin under a different name when it was an issue that affected you personally.
  15. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86846
    26 Oct '16 14:16
    Originally posted by padger
    Now we get insults in this forum .
    Please start an "INSULTS FORUM " so that all these idiots can go there and leave the rest of us alone
    Perhaps you are another person who is taking this website a bit too seriously 😛
Back to Top