1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 11:551 edit
    Consultation thread time.

A new build of this is next on the agenda once the next RHP release rolls out.

If you have any feature requests, please post them here.

I'm aiming to tidy up the UI a bit and get an analysis board in there anyway, so anything on top of that, let me know.

iDevice people, no clear strategy yet for the iPhone/iPad native app, once there is, its features will mirror the Android app, so you may want to have some input too.

Note : I won't be able to comment on this thread for a few days - but will be reading it first thing next week.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    06 Feb '14 16:341 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

I'm aiming to tidy up the UI a bit and get an analysis board in there anyway, so anything on top of that, let me know.

iDevice people, no clear strategy yet for the iPhone/iPad native app ...[text shortened]... be able to comment on this thread for a few days - but will be reading it first thing next week.
    Features requested:

- Ability to accept draw offers
    - Ability to view games where it's not my move
    - Ability to view other players' games
    - Ability to look through mine, and others', completed games
    - Ability to seek new games: open invites, clans, tourneys, etc.
    - Conditional moves
    - View all my games in a list format that shows how much time remains, and is sortable by various columns: time left, opponent name, etc.
    - Analysis board
    - View message logs for the game
    - Show vacation status of players
  3. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 17:25
    Originally posted by Russ

iDevice people, no clear strategy yet for the iPhone/iPad native app ...[text shortened]... be able to comment on this thread for a few days - but will be reading it first thing next week.
    Bravo!

I use this app for the vast majority of the moves I make here even when I'm on my home wi-fi.

Current faults I believe need correction:

1. Sort out whatever it is that stops replies to in game messages being sent.
    2. Text of PMs are displayed twice for some reason.
    3. Moves in the month on profiles are wrong and in fact the total number of site games played is displayed instead.
    4. Draw offers cannot be accepted.
    5. Inability to see games where it is not my move.
    6. No facility to create or accept Open Invites or send individual challenge to a buddy.
    7. No facility to view buddy's current games.
    8. No facility to set vacation.

These would represent a great improvement as far as I am concerned allowing me to stay in the app without the need to access the site via the smartphone's normal browser. Otherwise I second the majority of what SwissGambit has said above.
  4. SubscriberRagwort
    Senecio Jacobaea
    Yorkshire
    Moves
    09 Feb '14 22:17
    Oh yeah forgot this

You should be able to timeout opponents on the app too.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Feb '14 10:01
    Thanks guys for the input. I'll get what I can done from that lot.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 06:43
    Board coordinates for the "insert board from PGN" and "insert board from FEN" functions in thread posts. Thanks.
  7. Standard memberforkedknight
    Defend the Universe
    Moves
    12 Feb '14 23:46
    I think the bare minimum for me would be:
    - View all of my games (i.e. when it's not my turn)
    - Offer and accept draws / resignation
    - Notification and ability to view recently finished games
    - Offer and browse/accept open invites
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Feb '14 21:26
    I have actually jumped straight into the Android update, and I will try to get an initial update out ASAP - so far progress is good.
  9. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 16:21
    Ability to save my games so I can view them without network access.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 21:37
    Fill the screen right to left with the board, use the space underneath for buttons on Portrait mode. Buttons to the right in Landscape mode.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Light. Smaller screen to fit my smaller hands is better, but having to zoom all the time stinks. The board would be big enough if it just filled the screen. (Maybe a "Full Screen" mode? )
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Mar '14 16:14
    So far, things definitely in for next release :

- Analysis board and game history.
    - Creating new games.
    - Improved messaging and easier access to resign and draw offer/accept.
    - A more typical mobile UI navigation method. (The big iphoney home icons are gone)

As always, this is all taking a little longer than expected...!
  12. Joined
    30 May '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 20:00
    Do you please have the url for Android version? Thanks a ton!!
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '14 13:01
    Chercules, I downloaded an App from the Gogle Play marketplace I think.

Would be good to see games where it isn't your move but if you could fix one thing, and just one thing, it would be the in game messaging. Can't send a reply on my phone for some reason and sounds like it is the same for others.
  14. Joined
    21 Oct '09
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 02:51
    if you want to send a reply, don't do it when the message first pops up when the game opens. Close that reply box, then when the board shows click the speech bubble and type your reply - it should show up then! A bit frustrating but OK when you know the work around.

I love the app (and all it's bugs!) and second all the suggestions above.

One thing I have wondered though, why not just make a mobile web browser friendly version of the site - say a single column with the board towards the top, then just make the app just a notification tool?
  15. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 17:21
    Subscribers get mobile.redhotpawn.com . It has changed a little from when I last looked, but used to be available for a limited number of moves to non-subscribers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree