1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Dec '05 21:011 edit
    Clan challenge 3057

Here is an example of a challenge that has not completed because both players have left the site. This basically means that all the players involved in this challenge have wasted their time playing in the challenge! There should be a point when these challenges auto timeout.

Now, i'm not suggesting that once a players Timebank is spent, they should lose the match straight away, but shorely if a move hasn't been made a month after the player has run out of time, they should be timed out automatically? Every Clan (my own included) has a few Challenges that have gone stale like this. Can we put a 1 months timeout on Clan challenges, just so that they finish eventually. Thanks 🙂
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Dec '05 21:08
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Clan challenge 3057

Here is an example of a challenge that has not completed because both players have left the site. This basically means that all the players involved in this challenge have wasted their time playing in the challenge! There should be a point when these challenges auto timeout.

Now, i'm not suggesting that once a players Timebank ...[text shortened]... Can we put a 1 months timeout on Clan challenges, just so that they finish eventually. Thanks 🙂
    Good idea. If only to stop this ruining perfectly good challenges.

D
  3. Standard memberHegemon
    A Lost Bobby
    London
    Moves
    17 Dec '05 22:23
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    Clan challenge 3057

Now, i'm not suggesting that once a players Timebank ...[text shortened]... Can we put a 1 months timeout on Clan challenges, just so that they finish eventually. Thanks 🙂
    Agreed. Not that this is a new idea, but your example clearly points out that this should not be allowed to happen. I think that one month after the timebank has run out is plenty for any match let alone challenges.

There is an immediate automatic timout for tournaments and I think an automatic timout of one month would be easy to implement for challenges.

In cases such as this where both players have effectively left the site or are otherwise not playing, the game should be considered a draw, regardless of the state of play.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Dec '05 23:24
    Originally posted by Hegemon
    In cases such as this where both players have effectively left the site or are otherwise not playing, the game should be considered a draw, regardless of the state of play.
    No way.

Who ever's flag falls loses. It just wouldn't be cricket any other way.

D
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    18 Dec '05 06:03
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    No way.

Who ever's flag falls loses. It just wouldn't be cricket any other way.

D
    Exactly.
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 17:26
    BUMP
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 17:29
    Originally posted by Hegemon
    Not sure whether they should be drawn. Both players would lose one game if they timed out, so the result would be the same...
  8. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 12:16
    This needs to be implemented! A response would be nice, admin??
  9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    23 Apr '06 13:36
    Im-ple-ment!
  10. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Apr '06 16:44
    Clan challenge 56974

Ok, now that it has happened to my Clan in a big challenge, i'm gonna get really boring and insist, persistently, for this to be implemented.

Please please please please.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree