1. Amsterdam
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 09:30
    Whether you find it useful or not.. what would be against it to have such a list published?
  2. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 11:00
    I think it defames a person's character to have him identified as a cheater.

Because you cannot prove 100% that a person is using an engine you cannot label him or her a cheat.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 11:12
    Originally posted by Amsterdamn
    Whether you find it useful or not.. what would be against it to have such a list published?
    Personally I checked it every now and then to see if any opponents were on the list. Frequently disappointed when they weren't as this meant they were simply better than me 😉
    I would love to see the list back
  4. Amsterdam
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 11:53
    Originally posted by RDM
    I think it defames a person's character to have him identified as a cheater.

Because you cannot prove 100% that a person is using an engine you cannot label him or her a cheat.
    A banned players list does not by definition say that somebody was a cheat, it just shows who was banned..
    This is something anybody can already look up by just browsing profiles.. a list would just combine it, no harm.. no players on that list who are not banned yet 😛
  5. Standard memberLukerik
    Stick your hands up
    Your bum
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 19:02
    Yes, perhaps a banned list without the reasons would allow admin to circumvent any defamation problems. Or even just a list of the multi-accounters. They're non-entities anyway and are hardly in a position to claim that an established internet identity is under attack. We could then draw our own conclusions about any other bannings.
  6. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 04:31
    Is it just me being blind or did the thread in Only Chess get removed? If so, that's totally retarded.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 07:12
    I'd like to see a list of banned avatars
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 07:58
    Originally posted by uzless
    I'd like to see a list of banned avatars
    Actually, I want to see the bad words that are auto-bannable by the bot-moderator.
    Sometimes after I've written a posting, I get a message that I have used bad words, and the entire posting is banned, but never which word which is bad.
    I want to see the list of unappropriate words.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 08:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Actually, I want to see the bad words that are auto-bannable by the bot-moderator.
    Sometimes after I've written a posting, I get a message that I have used bad words, and the entire posting is banned, but never which word which is bad.
    I want to see the list of unappropriate words.
    List here all the bad words you can think of. 😛
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 09:56
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    List here all the bad words you can think of. 😛
    I tried, I can't, I get banned all the time! 😕

Even the Swedish words that happen to be bad words in English, I cannot use...
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 12:55
    Originally posted by randolph
    Is it just me being blind or did the thread in Only Chess get removed? If so, that's totally retarded.
    Unfortunately it was removed which to me is a disgrace. A list was not in any way breaking the TOS but forum mods as per usual over react :'( :'(
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 12:57
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I tried, I can't, I get banned all the time! 😕

Even the Swedish words that happen to be bad words in English, I cannot use...
    I have had similar problems 🙁 I have actually posted, later post removed due to a bad word. They do not need to delete entire post, they never tell you what was the offending word.
    In my case the word was not offensive but apparently it is in England 🙄🙄🙄
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 18:423 edits
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Unfortunately it was removed which to me is a disgrace. A list was not in any way breaking the TOS but forum mods as per usual over react :'( :'(
    Um, ADMINS removed the list... and a forum mod removed the list Amsterdamn created because Amsterdamn wouldn't have had to make a list if the admins wanted the list here on RHP. Over react? That's silly.

Critisizing mods for doing their job is best left to site feedback, but don't expect the admins to disagree with this moderator decision.

For the books, I didn't touch the list... so don't go blaming me. I'm just pointing out that your statement is full of holes since the admins wouldn't want the list, or the list would still be where it used to be. I stand by the decision of the mod who did take it down, I don't stand by the admins in this instance for taking it down in the first place. (end edit 3)

As a second note, I want the list back. Why the admins took it down is a mystery since anyone on the list deserved to be there... and it was their own fault they ended up on the list. 3(b) seems the reason, many users want to claim they can match engines over and over becuase they 'learned' from an engine and suddenly they were also able to evaluate millions of positions and come up with the same results.

That's bull.

Amsterdamn, sorry it had to come down. It was a great list. Good work. Hope we can talk the admins into getting the list back, anyone on it who was shamed brought it on themselves.

P-
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 18:51
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Um, ADMINS removed the list... and a forum mod removed the list Amsterdamn created because Amsterdamn wouldn't have had to make a list if the admins wanted the list here on RHP. Over react? That's silly.

Critisizing mods for doing their job is best left to site feedback, but don't expect the admins to disagree with this moderator decision.

For the ...[text shortened]... to getting the list back, anyone on it who was shamed brought it on themselves.

P-
    My point is the info is readily available to anyone that takes the time to look through profiles therefore to remove a list simply because it brings that info together is small minded and an over reaction.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 19:01
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I have had similar problems 🙁 I have actually posted, later post removed due to a bad word. They do not need to delete entire post, they never tell you what was the offending word.
    In my case the word was not offensive but apparently it is in England 🙄🙄🙄
    I think a better method instead of deleting the whole post is to change the singel word to [cencored] or something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree