This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 00:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think a better method instead of deleting the whole post is to change the singel word to [cencored] or something.
    Totally agree & rec
  3. Joined
    22 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 06:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Um, ADMINS removed the list... and a forum mod removed the list Amsterdamn created because Amsterdamn wouldn't have had to make a list if the admins wanted the list here on RHP. Over react? That's silly.

Critisizing mods for doing their job is best left to site feedback, but don't expect the admins to disagree with this moderator decision.

For the ...[text shortened]... to getting the list back, anyone on it who was shamed brought it on themselves.

P-
    it has nothing to do with matches or percentages. sites now have programs that can read your desktop and tell what programs you are running when you are playing. the only time percentages come into play is when you have two computers and one has the program and the other has the internet, then i guess you have to try and play the percentages. but is it foolproof? of course not. any detection that was set up by a human is still flawed, same as these chess playing programs. if they weren't they could not be beat. realizing true human play is impossible, just look at lasker's games. i have played on a few sites and my uncle tells me there are alot of cheaters on the net, they even have programs now that run your games on pogo. lazy i say.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 09:26
    Originally posted by Carterson
    it has nothing to do with matches or percentages. sites now have programs that can read your desktop and tell what programs you are running when you are playing.
    Rubbish!
    You would have to agree to allow that type of behaviour from a website which I and most here [if not all] haven't.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 13:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Rubbish!
    You would have to agree to allow that type of behaviour from a website which I and most here [if not all] haven't.
    🙂 Why something to hide 😉
  6. Amsterdam
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 14:08
    Amsterdamn, sorry it had to come down. It was a great list. Good work. Hope we can talk the admins into getting the list back, anyone on it who was shamed brought it on themselves.

P-
    Thanks P..

I sent Site Feedback, Posted it here in the Site Ideas Forum and I sent PM's to Russ... I can see that he reads them, but on this subject I've never received a reply 😛
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:56
    it has nothing to do with matches or percentages. sites now have programs that can read your desktop and tell what programs you are running when you are playing. the only time percentages come into play is when you have two computers and one has the program and the other has the internet, then i guess you have to try and play the percentages. but is it foo ...[text shortened]... t of cheaters on the net, they even have programs now that run your games on pogo. lazy i say.
    RHP checking your computer for chess engines would be a waste of time, since you are allowed to evaluate your finished games. Plus, you could just log out and run an engine if you wanted, this is correspondence chess. The checks you are talking about only work on sites that are playing real-time chess.

Your statement of 'nothing to do with matches or percentages' is likely wrong, since that's the way they used to do it and it worked rather well. Humans just don't evaluate the way computers do. I also have sent in several names with their matching numbers, and one by one they are being removed from the site based on numbers I sent in. Matches and percentages is exactly the info RHP wants when sending a name in with the free play ticket.

P-
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:57
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    My point is the info is readily available to anyone that takes the time to look through profiles therefore to remove a list simply because it brings that info together is small minded and an over reaction.
    Perhaps your right... so send feedback. The admins can easily put the list right back.

P-
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 19:59
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think a better method instead of deleting the whole post is to change the singel word to [cencored] or something.
    How about changing all the names to censored? Like anyone wouldn't know what the list was.

P-
  10. Joined
    22 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 20:57
    RHP checking your computer for chess engines would be a waste of time, since you are allowed to evaluate your finished games. Plus, you could just log out and run an engine if you wanted, this is correspondence chess. The checks you are talking about only work on sites that are playing real-time chess.

Your statement of 'nothing to do with matches or ...[text shortened]... ntages is exactly the info RHP wants when sending a name in with the free play ticket.

P-
    so basically stating that sites do have the ability to check your computer. wow, and i thought orwell's 1984 was a myth. oh well, it is still common knowledge and now verified by whoever this person is is that the program is there that can check to see if you have any engines on your pc or laptop, regardless of if you use them when you are making moves, i am sure some red-flag pops up or something and if someone says you are cheating, then they investigate i guess. i am just happy they catch the ones that do.

but that does make me uneasy, a site that can look into what i have on my comp, what if my uncle has some stuff from his businesson here, hmm, methinks this might be breaking some kind of regulations

oh well waste of time or not to run it, keep up the good work
  11. Joined
    22 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:06
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Rubbish!
    not sure if it is a request for allowance, that one p guy just said the technology is there and whether this site admits to using it i am sure they have it as well. kinda like when wal mart went to that barcode and scanning thing, now ever store does their inventory and sales that way.
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:43
    Perhaps your right... so send feedback. The admins can easily put the list right back.

P-
    No point as I have no faith in the feedback route especially on a time factor
  13. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:44
    How about changing all the names to censored? Like anyone wouldn't know what the list was.

P-
    He was referring to entire posts deleted due to one word being identifyed as unsuitable nothing to do with the naughty list 😉
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:45
    so basically stating that sites do have the ability to check your computer. wow, and i thought orwell's 1984 was a myth. oh well, it is still common knowledge and now verified by whoever this person is is that the program is there that can check to see if you have any engines on your pc or laptop, regardless of if you use them when you are making moves, i ...[text shortened]... aking some kind of regulations

oh well waste of time or not to run it, keep up the good work
    You will do well on here Mr Paranoid
  15. Joined
    22 Nov '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 21:48
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    You will do well on here Mr Paranoid
    cool i fit in somewhere, that is a first

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree