1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 15:14
    @mwmiller

That sounds like a bug that needs a fix. A blank screen indicates a fatal error. So always report instances of this kind of thing please. Thanks!
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Oct '20 17:11
    @Russ
    I should clarify. Only the screen for the rhp beta goes blank.
    Firefox still is working and the url for the beta site is still shown in the firefox window.
    All of the firefox menu items are still operational, and the browser add-ons also still work.

I can still navigate back to the previous beta page and will see the forum thread page for either "Site Ideas" or for "Debates", and it will be exactly as it was before I clicked the "x" in the popup window.

It's just the beta page that goes blank when using the "x".

I hope this helps, and that it makes sense. 🙂
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 10:39
    @russ said
    Both are "drag and drop" and should be equivalent, the only difference being that the web interface permits clicking a piece, and then a target tile in two actions too.

When the new board UI code is rolled out in the near future (the work is complete already) I would very much like your input on that if possible.
    Because I play almost exclusively on my mobile device I found it hard to understand your explanation, but since playing on a windows 10 machine, yes I can confirm that on the web browser I can click a piece and then a target tile in two actions. I can also drag and drop a piece. This parallels my experience on the Android app on my mobile

My mobile is a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10 and neither Chrome nor Dolphin can duplicate the two actions per move. The Dolphin browser behaves unpredictably. When you try and drag a piece the whole board moves. On Chrome however drag and drop works fine, just cant get two click moves happening.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Oct '20 13:46
    I have the problem, that I can't find the "send reminder" button on the beta...
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Oct '20 15:021 edit
    Something happened to me this morning, turned on my tower and my monitor screen was black.

I found the problem I hadn't turned on the monitor....LOL...

I know nothing to do with the Beta testers, just a funny story.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Oct '20 07:02
    Actually this is not a bug. In the beta tournament win notification has a nice symbol which does not show in the original version 🙂
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 15:34
    Thanks everyone - all known issues that have appeared thus far have been fixed.

Some further testing required over the next 24 hours, and then I'll start looking at when this can be pushed to production so phase #2 can start.
  8. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 17:39
    @Russ any chance you can make future beta tests sticky? I use more than one device to access the site, and an "opt-in" redirect would be helpful.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Nov '20 18:13
    @pineapple42

Good idea. I can do this, yes, and I can easily add an opt-in check box too in settings.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 09:42
    Release scheduled for tomorrow.
    Thread 187244
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 08:27
    @russ said
    Release scheduled for tomorrow.
    Thread 187244
    Nothing from beta: BUt I can't see any figures in the conditional moves board
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 10:49
    The switch has been thrown, and the beta site promoted to production.

The beta site is now inaccessible.

Quite a few little issues to sort out still, so if you hit any problems, do please let me know. Some bigger issues did arise earlier regarding email delivery, but this is all fixed now.

And again, a MASSIVE thank you to those who used the beta site. I can see how many moves some of you made on the beta, which was so useful in preparing for this release. Hopefully you will be prepared to do it again in a couple of weeks.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 11:18
    my last complain stays: I can't see the chessmen in the conditional move window
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 11:21
    Single line of captures - problem has resurfaced on tablet.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 11:231 edit
    @Ponderable - Will look at this shortly.

@kewpie - This bug is more persistent than covid! Fix incoming.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree