1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:042 edits
    A new build of RHP is available below, and any help testing in would be very much appreciated. If you are an active clan leader/club admin, your help would be particularly appreciated.

This version should function EXACTLY as the regular site does, so if you have any issues, please post here with as much detail as possible about what you did prior to hitting the problem.

https://beta.redhotpawn.com

If you do not see "Thank you for helping to test RHP Beta" at the top of every page, you are not accessing the beta site.

* If you login with Social Media accounts, you will be unable to use this beta site.
    * Image uploading is disabled - this is not a bug.

Your assistance in pushing the site forward is appreciated. This beta is phase 1 of a 2 phase update - phase 2 being smaller in scope but also involving a server migration too. Once complete, the focus will be back on adding new features.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:07
    If you access the beta site directly, you may need to enter "https://beta.redhotpawn.com".

"beta.redhotpawn.com" may not be sufficient, and redirect back to regular "www.redhotpawn.com".
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:142 edits
    To test, please just continue your regular usage of the site, and just report any problems/irregularities to this thread. Thanks.

https://beta.redhotpawn.com
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:28
    So I am on the beta now and did mots Things that I normally do.
    I issued a clan challenge and withdrew another.

So far all is well.
    Good work Russ!
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:372 edits
    @Ponderable

Thank you. I know it isn't terribly exciting when a new build should just behave as the current build, but this is actually a very significant change to the RHP code (touching every part) , so all live testing is very valuable.
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 14:39
    1st bug report: The Games Explorer shows no games 🙁
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 16:20
    @ponderable said
    1st bug report: The Games Explorer shows no games 🙁
    Thanks, fixed on the beta now.
  8. Joined
    28 Nov '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 17:21
    @Russ
    I've spent some time on the beta and haven't encountered any problems. seems good!
    cheers, Jonathan
  9. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 17:29
    Hi,
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but its different from the normal site. When I'm on any given game screen, the captured pieces for both colors are on the same line in the beta, whereas on the non-beta, the captured White pieces are one line and the captured Black pieces are on another line.
    Thanks
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 17:29
    @Jonathan-Schmidt

Thanks for checking it out and reporting back.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 17:52
    @beatlemania said
    Hi,
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but its different from the normal site. When I'm on any given game screen, the captured pieces for both colors are on the same line in the beta, whereas on the non-beta, the captured White pieces are one line and the captured Black pieces are on another line.
    Thanks
    What device are you using?

I'm using the beta on a laptop and the captured pieces are shown on seperate rows for black and white pieces, as before.
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 18:52
    @mwmiller said
    What device are you using?

I'm using the beta on a laptop and the captured pieces are shown on seperate rows for black and white pieces, as before.
    On the same topic,I have recently started playing on my new chromebook which doesn't have a particularly big screen.The piece lines are fine on the main screen but on the analyze screen I can't scroll down past the giant pieces to see them.Would be nice if something could be done about that.
  13. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 19:401 edit
    @mwmiller
    I'm currently using a Samsung chromebook (the screen is probably a 10-12 inch screen, so not particularly large). The main reason I posted my original post is that this is only happening on the beta and not the normal site, which I'm guessing was not intended (though I could be wrong).
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 19:57
    @beatlemania said
    @mwmiller
    I'm currently using a Samsung chromebook (the screen is probably a 10-12 inch screen, so not particularly large). The main reason I posted my original post is that this is only happening on the beta and not the normal site, which I'm guessing was not intended (though I could be wrong).
    OK, so hopefully Russ will see this and have an answer or look into it. I was just curious and thought the additional info would be useful for troubleshooting. I know sometimes things work differently on the other devices, such as phones. 🙂
  15. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 22:58
    @mwmiller said
    OK, so hopefully Russ will see this and have an answer or look into it. I was just curious and thought the additional info would be useful for troubleshooting. I know sometimes things work differently on the other devices, such as phones. 🙂
    It's an interesting one.
    I'm using a Windoze 8.1 desktop and Chrome.
    When I initially loaded a game page (full screen) I had the taken pieces all on one row, after re-sizing the window down to make the responsive elements kick in they switched to one above the other. Maximising the window back to full screen left them one above the other.
    Then I fiddled with opening a game page from a smaller window - in this case no taken pieces showed at all ... not even when maximising the window.

Looks like an initial state thing? i.e. a resize sorts things out into something sensible (provided they exist), but the initial state misses a step and possibly defaults where things should be (or exludes showing them)?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree