Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. Standard member gollumprawn
    it's mine
    09 Apr '06 02:07
    max 2 minutes a move, 1 hour timebank etc
  2. 09 Apr '06 03:03
    Sometimes I have to look twice when I read a post because I'm so surprised that it was made by a subscriber. For the most part they are the brighter of the bunch.
  3. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    09 Apr '06 03:08
    Originally posted by gollumprawn
    Sounds good to me.
  4. 09 Apr '06 03:12
    This sites sister site www.uchess.com usually provides this - unfortunately it is not working at present but is allegedly returning soon.
  5. 09 Apr '06 03:59
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Sometimes I have to look twice when I read a post because I'm so surprised that it was made by a subscriber. For the most part they are the brighter of the bunch.
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    09 Apr '06 04:24
    Go somewhere else if you want Blitz chess.
  7. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    09 Apr '06 04:53
    This is a correspondence site, not a 'live chess' site.
  8. 09 Apr '06 22:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    This is a correspondence site, not a 'live chess' site.
    Some of the slow play is hard to understand - yeah it's a correspondence chess site but as far as I know the reason correspondence chess had so long between moves was to allow for the postal services to deliver the moves - on the internet that is a non-existant reason. I really cant understand why people need 14 [or more] days for 1 move even if they are playing 55 games or whatever. Unless they are restricted to times they can use a computer of course.
  9. 09 Apr '06 23:03
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I really cant understand why people need 14 [or more] days for 1 move even if they are playing 55 games or whatever. Unless they are restricted to times they can use a computer of course.
    Of course. I think the correspondence is just perfect the way it is.
  10. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    10 Apr '06 09:38
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No, I am going to play blitz chess right here anytime I feel like it and you can't stop me you dweeb.
  11. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Apr '06 02:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    No, I am going to play blitz chess right here anytime I feel like it and you can't stop me you dweeb.
    Hope you enjoy when you 'blitz' game goes 24 hours without a move.
  12. Subscriber BigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    11 Apr '06 04:59
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Some of the slow play is hard to understand - yeah it's a correspondence chess site but as far as I know the reason correspondence chess had so long between moves was to allow for the postal services to deliver the moves - on the internet that is a non-existant reason. I really cant understand why people need 14 [or more] days for 1 move even if they ...[text shortened]... ng 55 games or whatever. Unless they are restricted to times they can use a computer of course.
    14 days a move is too long for my taste, but I can see how some might enjoy doing very thorough analysis over the course of days, in search of a very high quality game. Personally, I'm much more likely to play 1 move per day. That gives me time to put a decent amount of thought into each and every move, and yet still gets the game done soon enough.
  13. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    12 Apr '06 08:12
    Hope you enjoy when you 'blitz' game goes 24 hours without a move.
    Shoot that aint nothing some of my Blitz games go a week in between moves.
  14. 12 Apr '06 09:20
    Why not play plitz here, then?
    Don't mind that you have one entire day to make a move, noone hinder you to move in one minute.
    When you've found your mate soul (!), then give it a shot!
  15. Standard member Draxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    13 Apr '06 05:01
    Dude, you don't have to be a jerk about it.

This forum, if I am not mistaken, is "site ideas." He had an "idea" for the "site." I don't see a problem with people giving out ideas...