1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 12:11
    Originally posted by Draxus
    Dude, you don't have to be a jerk about it.

This forum, if I am not mistaken, is "site ideas." He had an "idea" for the "site." I don't see a problem with people giving out ideas...
    This idea is suggested once a month by someone who doesn't seem to understand what correspondence chess actually is. To be honest it's getting kind of old.
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 12:29
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Some of the slow play is hard to understand - yeah it's a correspondence chess site but as far as I know the reason correspondence chess had so long between moves was to allow for the postal services to deliver the moves - on the internet that is a non-existant reason.
    People also play CC because it gives them longer to think about moves, play several games at once, combine chess with their normal lives.

There is nothing stopping two people here agreeing to play quickly and doing so, but as others have said, it's not a blitz site.
  3. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 21:35
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    This idea is suggested once a month by someone who doesn't seem to understand what correspondence chess actually is. To be honest it's getting kind of old.
    Ahh...so that must be when Captain "I have to monitor the boards" Xan comes in. Are you a moderator? Or is it just your responsibility to make sure that the boards comply with your own taste?
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 22:52
    Ahh...so that must be when Captain "I have to monitor the boards" Xan comes in. Are you a moderator? Or is it just your responsibility to make sure that the boards comply with your own taste?
    And just what are you doing now? That's right, criticizing someone who offends your personal standards of taste. It's called a forum, and it's a helluva lot more interesting when people actually express strong opinions.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '03
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:10
    Go somewhere else if you want Blitz chess.
    why?
  6. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:13
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    And just what are you doing now? That's right, criticizing someone who offends your personal standards of taste. It's called a forum, and it's a helluva lot more interesting when people actually express strong opinions.
    It isn't called a "strong opinion," it is called "flaming." Perhaps it is borderline "trolling." It has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with people treating others like crap.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '03
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 00:15
    hey... come on everyone understands whtat coorespondent chess is.. its obvious... but a quick game is fun for a couple of hours... thats all!
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 04:50
    Originally posted by geckos
    hey... come on everyone understands whtat coorespondent chess is.. its obvious... but a quick game is fun for a couple of hours... thats all!
    Are you lost?

"Play online correspondence chess through a feature-rich, browser interface against your friends or existing members."
    (emphasis not mine)
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:13
    It isn't called a "strong opinion," it is called "flaming." Perhaps it is borderline "trolling." It has nothing to do with taste and everything to do with people treating others like crap.
    It was one sentence suggesting that blitz chess is better played somewhere else. Trust me, you're waaaay too sensitive to handle the RHP forums if that constitutes 'flaming' in your eyes.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '03
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 10:20
    Are you lost?

"Play [b]online correspondence chess
    through a feature-rich, browser interface against your friends or existing members."
    (emphasis not mine)[/b]
    what the **** are you talking about?
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 11:14
    Originally posted by geckos
    what the **** are you talking about?
    What the hell are you looking at?
  12. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 14:21
    It was one sentence suggesting that blitz chess is better played somewhere else. Trust me, you're waaaay too sensitive to handle the RHP forums if that constitutes 'flaming' in your eyes.
    Refer to my first post for reasons why I feel it is flaming. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it 🙂
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 17:36
    Refer to my first post for reasons why I feel it is flaming. Sensitivity has nothing to do with it 🙂
    Your reasons are inadequate. Those who post bad site ideas should not be surprised when the idea is criticized.
  14. Standard memberDraxus
    Mr. Bombastic
    Ogden, Ut
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 18:17
    Your reasons are inadequate. Those who post bad site ideas should not be surprised when the idea is criticized.
    If you think my reasons are inadequate then either 1. you can't read or 2. you are skewing and distorting what you read. I believe you are inadvertently doing the latter so that you can feel like you are winning an argument.

You have a problem with definitions. Let me help you a bit.

Criticism is not defined by meritless and inflammatory flaming.

The term "Strong Opinions" isn't either.

Criticism = criticism

Opinions = opinions

Flaming = flaming

Look them up if you wish, but Criticism isn't flaming
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 20:57
    If you think my reasons are inadequate then either 1. you can't read or 2. you are skewing and distorting what you read. I believe you are inadvertently doing the latter so that you can feel like you are winning an argument.

You have a problem with definitions. Let me help you a bit.

Criticism is not defined by meritless and inflammatory flaming.

T ...[text shortened]... ns = opinions

Flaming = flaming

Look them up if you wish, but Criticism isn't flaming
    I think I'm drowning,
    Asphyxiated.
    I wanna break this spell,
    That you've created.

You're something beautiful,
    A contradiction.
    I wanna play the game,
    I want the friction.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree