I want the friction.
    Thank you, that was beautiful 🙂
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '03
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 00:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What the hell are you looking at?
    be intelligent.... what are you talking about?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 05:54
    Originally posted by geckos
    be intelligent.... what are you talking about?
    😠
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 06:201 edit
    😠
    ?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 06:243 edits
    I'm me you know me.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 23:55
    Originally posted by Draxus
    If you think my reasons are inadequate then either 1. you can't read or 2. you are skewing and distorting what you read. I believe you are inadvertently doing the latter so that you can feel like you are winning an argument.

You have a problem with definitions. Let me help you a bit.

Criticism is not defined by meritless and inflammatory flaming.

T ...[text shortened]... ns = opinions

Flaming = flaming

Look them up if you wish, but Criticism isn't flaming
    Merit is at the heart of this issue. I find the advice "Go play blitz somewhere else" to be sage advice. As such, it can't be considered a flame.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 03:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Merit is at the heart of this issue. I find the advice "Go play blitz somewhere else" to be sage advice. As such, it can't be considered a flame.
    Haha, if someone told you to eff off would you consider that to be "advice"?
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 06:47
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Haha, if someone told you to eff off would you consider that to be "advice"?
    If you can't see the difference between the two, I really don't want to be the one who has to explain it to you. 🙄
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    If you can't see the difference between the two, I really don't want to be the one who has to explain it to you. 🙄
    Likewise, if YOU can't see the similarity between the two, I also really don't want to be the one to explain it to you.

In the UK, it is considered rude to "advise" people in that manner, seems to be normal in your neck of the woods.
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 Apr '06 12:48
    Xanthos's point was that this has been discussed, as nauseum, before. The original poster could have checked previous posts to see the various points made on either side - and the conclusion that most people want this to be a correspondence site. I guess that's partly why uchess was set up as an alternative.

Blitz chess, is not the same as regular time control, is not the same as correspondence. If this is a correspondence site, with correspondence ratings, there's no point "polluting" it with blitz games/ratings.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Xanthos's point was that this has been discussed, as nauseum, before. The original poster could have checked previous posts to see the various points made on either side - and the conclusion that most people want this to be a correspondence site. I guess that's partly why uchess was set up as an alternative.

Blitz chess, is not the same as regular time ...[text shortened]... ite, with correspondence ratings, there's no point "polluting" it with blitz games/ratings.
    There is also the fact that the move interface would be atrocious for live chess. You have to refresh to see the move your opponent has made. This is perfect for correspondence chess but horrible for standard chess and unworkable for blitz.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 09:161 edit
    There is also the fact that the move interface would be atrocious for live chess. You have to refresh to see the move your opponent has made. This is perfect for correspondence chess but horrible for standard chess and unworkable for blitz.
    Yea ,Yea, Yea, I will just keep doing the impossible.
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 09:21
    Originally posted by dottewell
    [

Blitz chess, is not the same as regular time control, is not the same as correspondence. If this is a correspondence site, with correspondence ratings, there's no point "polluting" it with blitz games/ratings.[/b]
    Are you trying to say that Helden is a polluter? Someone who plays a lot of fast games? Shame on you.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 10:43
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Are you trying to say that Helden is a polluter? Someone who plays a lot of fast games? Shame on you.
    Words meet someone else's mouth.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 17:02
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Yea ,Yea, Yea, I will just keep doing the impossible.
    What do you do about hate-waiters?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree