1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Jan '09 23:34
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    There are 8 names on the moderator list, this does not necessarily translate into 8 fulltime paid employees. That would assume all moderators are active for an average of 35 hours per week.

Not everyone on the site posts in forums, there could be potential volunteers out there who choose not to post for one reason or another.
    You can't expect to pay some Forum Mods and have others volunteer. Say you need 4 full time mods; you're still talking somewhere in the range of $65,000 at cut rate pay. That equates to more than half the sub revenue.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 00:08
    I still say the best solution is to have two options for members. Have parallel sites that are RHP but one has an open, unmoderated forum and the other is the way it is now. If you are in one category, you cannot go to the other. A "two state solution" if you will.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 00:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I still say the best solution is to have two options for members. Have parallel sites that are RHP but one has an open, unmoderated forum and the other is the way it is now. If you are in one category, you cannot go to the other. A "two state solution" if you will.
    How 'unmoderated' should it be?

Would you allow spam and/or advertising?
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 01:46
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    How 'unmoderated' should it be?

Would you allow spam and/or advertising?
    I was thinking more about lack of censorship. I hadn't thought about spam or advertising.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 02:17
    Originally posted by Crowley
    This is the problem with the likes of you.

I shoot your post down, because I believe it to be unattainable.
    You then see this as some kind of 'attack' because you believe you somehow know of an agenda I have.

Hate the game, not the player, Frankie.
    If you don't like people disagreeing with you, you probably shouldn't post in public.
    Arent you a moderator Crowley?
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 02:471 edit
    Go check what average bandwidth costs are for the type of dedicated (probably load balanced) top-end servers Russ uses for hosting and then come back to me with your little biting comments.

Civilised? I can do it. Can you?

EDIT: BTW, I pulled that number out of my ass.
    Oh I already was. You're the one who came out swinging. And I responded as such. Stop transferring what you are truely doing onto others. It's cheap and immature. But maybe that's just how you roll.

And you still have not provided any facts.

BTW, That number was clenched in your teeth when you pulled it out of your ass...
  7. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 02:501 edit
    This is the problem with the likes of you.

I shoot your post down, because I believe it to be unattainable.
    You then see this as some kind of 'attack' because you believe you somehow know of an agenda I have.

Hate the game, not the player, Frankie.
    If you don't like people disagreeing with you, you probably shouldn't post in public.
    If you were truely disagreeing with me you would have backed it with facts on exactly why it couldn't be done. What you posted was nothing more than another patently crass comment which you are so famous for.

I don't hate.

You're nothing short of a troll. You bait, bite, and deny. If that's the best you can do... "Mr. Troll Killer"

And by the way Spud, you have absolutely no idea what I am like.
  8. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 02:52
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    The site uses Rackspace hosting. Their entry level servers cost about £250 per month. For a site this size, I'd estimate that they're paying in the region of £350 - £400 per month for a mid-level setup .
    Interesting, I wonder how much a month this site pulls down from subscriptions and advertising?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 03:471 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 04:112 edits
    my posts on the trash talk allowed on this site and how it is not allowed at site a, b and c was just moderated off. so i guess the robo mod is well programmed for certain words but not programmed for all the anal and other trash talk that is here. why not just robotize more subjects and words and then the moderation problem will be solved.

addition: i think i will get around the robo mod. the nice sites that have heavy moderation the "black", "pinkish" and "teal blue" ones ( you know who they are ). the owners don't tolerate scummy posting and they are all doing quite well. the black site closed their general forum entirely. the pinkish one and the teal blue one have very high class people who don't even start to upload the trash i see posted in the general forum. i guess this site could just open the clubs and clan forums to private moderation by the founders of these clubs and clans and close the general forum and leave it at that.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 08:15
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    Oh I already was. You're the one who came out swinging. And I responded as such. Stop transferring what you are truely doing onto others. It's cheap and immature. But maybe that's just how you roll.

And you still have not provided any facts.

BTW, That number was clenched in your teeth when you pulled it out of your ass...
    I'm not privy to Russ' balance sheet, but I'm sure he can't justify paying a salary for a job that is done perfectly fine by a bunch of volunteers.

Bottom line.

There's a fact for you.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 08:30
    If you were truely disagreeing with me you would have backed it with facts on [b]exactly why it couldn't be done. What you posted was nothing more than another patently crass comment which you are so famous for.

I don't hate.

You're nothing short of a troll. You bait, bite, and deny. If that's the best you can do... "Mr. Troll Killer"

And by the way Spud, you have absolutely no idea what I am like.[/b]
    'crass' & 'troll'? Wow, wonderful argument there Frankie, backed up with all these 'facts' you talk about.

I was a little sarcastic, but obviously you just can't stand the fact that a PFC member made a valid point, eh? Your idiotic prejudice along clan lines is clouding your judgement.

How can I say with any certainty why your ideas won't work? I don't really know, I'm hazarding an educated guess.
    Russ would need to post here for us to get clarity, which he probably won't - because unlike this small minority of forum users who bleat about moderation because of their own personal dislike of the users themselves - he has no apparent problem with the moderation.

I won't get into an argument with you about this, because we've been down this road before and I don't like hitting my head against a brick wall repeatedly - which is what arguing a point with you is like.
  13. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 08:58
    Interesting, I wonder how much a month this site pulls down from subscriptions and advertising?
    Trev33 recently posted the stats for total users - 2926 total subscribers. No idea if that's accurate or not.
    Thread 107475

Advertising revenue differs from site to site. All the ads I've seen here are pay-per-click which usually have a small revenues (around £0.07 to £0.20 per click) and low click rates (under 2% of users clicking ads). The amount they make is probably negligible.
  14. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 15:54
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Trev33 recently posted the stats for total users - 2926 total subscribers. No idea if that's accurate or not.
    Thread 107475

Advertising revenue differs from site to site. All the ads I've seen here are pay-per-click which usually have a small revenues (around £0.07 to £0.20 per click) and low click rates (under 2% of users clicking ads). The amount they make is probably negligible.
    Thanks Daemon, good info.

And thanks for being the voice of reason as well. Enjoy your weekend my good man.
  15. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 19:463 edits
    Any RHP thread containing syntagm civilised discussion deserves rec just for that. 😛

So... Rec'd

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree