1. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 12:38
    Originally posted by Crowley
    'crass' & 'troll'? Wow, wonderful argument there Frankie, backed up with all these 'facts' you talk about.

I was a little sarcastic, but obviously you just can't stand the fact that a PFC member made a valid point, eh? Your idiotic prejudice along clan lines is clouding your judgement.

How can I say with any certainty why your ideas won't work? I don ...[text shortened]... against a brick wall repeatedly - which is what arguing a point with you is like.
    Yes, crass, and troll. It's obvious. Certainly by the way you call me "Frankie". You don't know me well enough to know that I don't particulary care for it when used in the manner you do. It is clear you are trying to be dismissive and belittle me. Is that the kind of behavior that is encouraged by the owners of this site for our moderators?

Yeah, we need more of your kind in moderation. I did not see where you made any valid point. You simply decided I was wrong or that you did not like my idea, others have, so you went into "troll mode". You claim to "hazard an educated guess". And then refer to such as a fact... You've done this in several of your posts. You've fallen well short of the mark once again. Keep up the good work.
  2. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 12:40
    I'm not privy to Russ' balance sheet, but I'm sure he can't justify paying a salary for a job that is done perfectly fine by a bunch of volunteers.

Bottom line.

There's a fact for you.
    Hmm, not privy to the balance sheet but you're "sure" he can't justify paying?

Bottom line?

There's a fact for you?

You are absolutely laughable. You're ego is crowding your intellect.
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 12:59
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I can't understand why you or any other mod would enter this thread. It was from the beginning and has always meant to be a civilized thread discussing ideas on different modes of moderation. Since you're already a moderatory in an already established but seemingly flawed system you should be able to be a little more objective and just let the people s ...[text shortened]... d yourself. Being a moderator, you should be mature enough to avoid that kind of behavior.
    Yeah, Crowley! How DARE you post your opinion in public forum WITHOUT being a member of the CLIQUE!

You're only ALLOWED to post in this thread of you're part of the "WAAAAAAAA! YOU BANNED MY BESTEST FRIEND" brigade.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 13:41
    I can't understand why you or any other mod would enter this thread. It was from the beginning and has always meant to be a civilized thread discussing ideas on different modes of moderation. Since you're already a moderatory in an already established but seemingly flawed system you should be able to be a little more objective and just let the people s ...[text shortened]... d yourself. Being a moderator, you should be mature enough to avoid that kind of behavior.
    Are you kidding me?
    How can there be a proper discussion about moderation if mods (or someone who knows the process) aren't allowed to post? Should MissO be allowed to have started this thread, since she was a mod?

My comments aren't crass. Some sarcasm maybe, but not crass. Do you need help with the definition?
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 13:522 edits
    Yes, crass, and troll. It's obvious. Certainly by the way you call me "Frankie". You don't know me well enough to know that I don't particulary care for it when used in the manner you do. It is clear you are trying to be dismissive and belittle me. Is that the kind of behavior that is encouraged by the owners of this site for our moderators?

Ye your posts. You've fallen well short of the mark once again. Keep up the good work.
    So, I try to be civil by using a term of endearment and you see it as dismissive and belittling?
    This is the problem when we converse, Frank, you see ghosts where there are only shadows... Your prejudice towards me is really clouding your judgement.

I believe your idea to be unattainable, or at the very least not justified.
    My educated guess being made because I work in the web industry and I also remember a few years ago in conversation with Russ, he said that he wasn't really getting rich off this site. I can't speak for Russ, so you'll need to ask him.

Now, will you try to add something to this thread, instead of trying to silence me?

You say your idea is supported by others. Why has your post then received zero recs (but like I know TSM, it should have 10 by tomorrow this time) and no public support?
    no1 and I have both posted against your idea.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 13:58

Bottom line?

There's a fact for you?

Let me draw you a little picture:

You have a heap of bricks that needs to be sorted and stacked.
    Do you:
    1) Pay a contractor who you've never met and have no references for to do it?
    2) Get your kids, who volunteered, to do it for free?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Feb '09 13:59
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    This concept bothers me a little. *Banning is a punishment*. This is a commercial site, not a prison with trusty privileges as a reward for good behaviour.
    Punishment for bad behavior is not limited to prisons.
  8. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 00:36
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    That's a subjective call.
    Yes, but then so is what would constitute "personally abusive" posts. Everything is subjective to an extent...

But then, any action can be justified in our own minds fairly easily, eh?

Mmhmm.

If you're caught stealing DVDs in a department store, do you get thrown out of just the DVD section, or the whole shop? I'd be interested in hearing your pathetic little plea's of "But I was just stealing DVDs, let me hang out in the computer games section. I've done nothing there".

Ah, but if that store is inside a shopping mall, you would only get kicked out of that one store, not the entire mall...
  9. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 00:37
    Child labour!! 😵
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 02:19
    http://failblog.org/2009/01/29/camera-fail/

Try again later, cash, when you have something original to add to the discussion.

I still can't believe there are people here who would think any of the volunteers give their valuable time because of some power-trip.
    It's ridiculous.
    Personally, I doubt your time is really all that valuable although I am sure you could bottle and sell your arrogance to the highest bidder.
  11. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 02:221 edit
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    This concept bothers me a little. *Banning is a punishment*. This is a commercial site, not a prison with trusty privileges as a reward for good behaviour.
    Exactly, any supermarket employee that bans a paying customer for personal entertainment value would usually be finding themselves a new job regardless of how cheep they work.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Do you really want free reign to abuse people to whatever lengths you can think of, you want to hijack threads with no consequences?

You're right, this is a commercial site. And when people start behaving in such a way as to damage the site and it's membership (abusive, spamming trolling and hijacking threads all being detrimental to the thread, and beh ing DVDs, let me hang out in the computer games section. I've done nothing there".

D
    Have you apologized to Suzanne yet? Or are you immune to complying with appropriate behavior?

Edit: All that stuff is applicable for the other guys and not you. Is that right?
  13. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 02:34

Bottom line?

There's a fact for you?

What do you expect out of cheep labor, Frank...retards work cheep.
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 03:101 edit
    Let me draw you a little picture:

You have a heap of bricks that needs to be sorted and stacked.
    Do you:
    1) Pay a contractor who you've never met and have no references for to do it?
    YOU'RE ego!
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Feb '09 06:56
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Personally, I doubt your time is really all that valuable although I am sure you could bottle and sell your arrogance to the highest bidder.
    Good to see all the TSM members trying to be civil.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree