1. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 04:24
    IDK how many people would like the idea, but running a clan by yourself can be time consuming, so maybe it would be possible to add a clan leader assistant to help make challenges.
  2. DonationLuck
    TEA PARTY MEMBER
    St Maarten, Neth Ant
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 05:58
    I like the idea. Please, allow that Russ.

Harri / Luck
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 10:19
    i think its done if to busy you can change leaders there is a new link under the members ids now.
  4. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 14:511 edit
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    i think its done if to busy you can change leaders there is a new link under the members ids now.
    yes this is already there, but it's a perminate change maybe add the option to add a time frame for the leadership could be added...IE new leader is in charge for 10, 20, 30, 60 days. Otherwise you have to trust the new leader to return power to the original leader upon there return.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/6379/tempdeletebn2.png
  5. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 15:39
    I think the original idea was to have a lieutenant who can share the admin load. Not as profound a change as rotating the leadership. What if someone got their turn, developed a manic laugh, bought a fluffy white cat and refused to hand back power?
  6. Standard memberDiet Coke
    Forum Vampire
    Sidmouth, Uk
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 20:36
    Originally posted by Mixo
    I think the original idea was to have a lieutenant who can share the admin load. Not as profound a change as rotating the leadership. What if someone got their turn, developed a manic laugh, bought a fluffy white cat and refused to hand back power?
    I am already that person for my clan.
  7. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '07 21:081 edit
    We don't want to rotate clan leaders - we want to be able to have a clan leader assistant! Yes, we need that position.

I took it on my own in the Dune clan to appoint an 'Activities Director' to help with the workload. He is responsible for keeping the rest of the clan updated about current clan challenges. I need to give him more authority to handle clan challenges. But I can't do that unless Russ creates a position.
  8. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 22:45
    Russ,

So many talented people are getting burned out because they have so much work to do. Please make it a priority to allow a Clan Co-Leader/Assisstant. We really need this position!

They should have most functions as the clan leader, including allowing new members to join, accepting clan challenges, but not the ability to kick members off a clan.

Thanks
  9. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 00:58
    Originally posted by arrakis
    Russ,

So many talented people are getting burned out because they have so much work to do. Please make it a priority to allow a Clan Co-Leader/Assisstant. We really need this position!

They should have most functions as the clan leader, including allowing new members to join, accepting clan challenges, but not the ability to kick members off a clan.

Thanks
    *bump*

We need other clan leaders to support this notion.
  10. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 02:03
    I lead the clan CPU(Chess Players United) and I like the idea. because you know as they say 'ultimate power ultimately corrupts'

but just to grow on that idea, the clan leader appoints an assistant and has the power to for whatever reason impeach and replace the assistant
  11. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    28 Feb '07 02:09
    Originally posted by arrakis
    *bump*

We need other clan leaders to support this notion.
    I lead the UCF, and I think that's a great idea. I could use a helper.
  12. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 08:47
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    I lead the clan CPU(Chess Players United) and I like the idea. because you know as they say 'ultimate power ultimately corrupts'

but just to grow on that idea, the clan leader appoints an assistant and has the power to for whatever reason impeach and replace the assistant
    Yes, I agree.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree