1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '17 19:50
    Originally posted by padger
    I have already replied to your first time with this
    You obviously do not read all the posts
    On your example one clan is trying to win 800 challenges or the other that is only trying to win 200
    Who do you think deserves to win most
    The one who takes time sorting out challenges or the one who just does enough to get by
    I read your posts. Or most of them. Maybe I missed one. There's lots to read. 😀

My response is the same.
    Metric should be performance as well as playing a lot.
    A champion should not be crowned for just trying hard ( as admirable as it may be).
    Success should also be a determining factor.

Net points, though imperfect, does a better job of combining the 2 factors above than gross points.

Just my opinion.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 May '17 20:01
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    I think my original idea still seems the best.

There must be negative points or the winner will just be the clan that issues the most challenges. No skill just overkill

For a 5 man challenge under the current rules no matter what the final result (except a draw) the winner gets 10 points the loser gets negative 10 points. A swing of 20 points.
    ...[text shortened]... age clans to play challenges out to the end as points are still on the line for individual wins.
    Your suggestion is very similar to my modified suggestion (2.1 and 2.2 in my re-post).
    Just some of the numbers are slightly different.
    But Russ can analyse that and come up with something that works.

Good ideas all around.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 May '17 20:19
    I have already replied to your first time with this
    You obviously do not read all the posts
    On your example one clan is trying to win 800 challenges or the other that is only trying to win 200
    Who do you think deserves to win most
    The one who takes time sorting out challenges or the one who just does enough to get by
    That is not true. The clan who works the hardest gets the gold.
    Name me any sport in the world where the champion is the one who barely did enough to get by.
    I can't get on board with you on this.
  4. Here
    Moves
    18 May '17 06:36
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That is not true. The clan who works the hardest gets the gold.
    Name me any sport in the world where the champion is the one who barely did enough to get by.
    I can't get on board with you on this.
    You have just qualified my argument
    The clan that tried the hardest to get 800 challenges against the clan that only tried to get 200 must be the harder working clan
    If they had won a better percentage of the games they would be streets ahead of the other clan
    According to 2016 stats Metalica played a total of 326 games and won the title
    And Wycombe played 675 games and came 3rd and yet they won 100 games more than Metalica is that fair ?
    I cannot believe that this is the way to go forward
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    18 May '17 07:16
    The clan that tried the hardest to get 800 challenges against the clan that only tried to get 200 must be the harder working clan
    If they had won a better percentage of the games they would be streets ahead of the other clan
    And Wycombe playe ...[text shortened]... 100 games more than Metalica is that fair ?
    So what you're saying is that the clan that issues and plays the most challenges should be crowned as champions, even if they only win say 30% of them as they are the hardest working clan.

Sorry, no skill talent needed to do that. All a clan needs is people willing to play hundreds of games at a time as fast as possible win, lose or draw. doesn't make sense and I'm pretty sure would never be instituted.

Would be the death knell for the clan system
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 May '17 13:31
    And Wycombe playe ...[text shortened]... 100 games more than Metalica is that fair ?
    Actually you are not correct in your analysis.
    Total points is not the metric we use. It used to be, but they voted to change it to net points.
    Since net points is the determiner, why would anyone be worried about total points??
    I know for one, I am not.
    Our focus is on nothing but what the determiner is.
  7. Here
    Moves
    18 May '17 13:391 edit
    So what you're saying is that the clan that issues and plays the most challenges should be crowned as champions, even if they only win say 30% of them as they are the hardest working clan.

Sorry, no skill talent needed to do that. All a clan needs is people willing to play hundreds of games at a time as fast as possible win, lose or draw. doesn't ma ...[text shortened]... e and I'm pretty sure would never be instituted.

Would be the death knell for the clan system
    What I am saying is the clan that plays the most and participates in the general clan set up
    In other words involves lots of other clans should be given a fair crack of the whip not be knocked back for trying
    Your way if you took three clans
    A plays B and wins 6 - 4
    C never plays at all
    The order at the moment would be
    A 10
    C 0
    B -10
    Explain to me how this is fair
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    18 May '17 14:17
    What I am saying is the clan that plays the most and participates in the general clan set up
    In other words involves lots of other clans should be given a fair crack of the whip not be knocked back for trying
    A plays B and wins 6 - 4
    C never plays at all
    A 10
    C 0
    B -10
    If you read my post then a result of 6-4 would mean 11 points to the winner and negative 1 point to the loser. A difference of 12 points as opposed to the 20 points under the current system.
  9. Here
    Moves
    18 May '17 14:54
    If you read my post then a result of 6-4 would mean 11 points to the winner and negative 1 point to the loser. A difference of 12 points as opposed to the 20 points under the current system.
    C would still be in front of b without playing
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 May '17 15:161 edit
    A plays B and wins 6 - 4
    C never plays at all
    A 10
    C 0
    B -10
    A won every challenge they played (1) and lost none (0)
    C won every challenge they played (0) and lost none (0)
    B did not win any challenge they played (0) and lost every challenge they played (1)

Records are as follows"

Clan A 1-0 + 1 point
    Clan C 0-0 0 points
    Clan B 0-1 -1 point

That is how
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 May '17 15:18
    If you watch any pro sports or college sports, the standings are figured EXACTLY this way.

A team that is 0-1 is below all teams that are 0-0
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    18 May '17 15:50
    Yes.....now you're getting it.
  13. Here
    Moves
    18 May '17 17:42
    Yes.....now you're getting it.
    So how is this fair ?
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 May '17 18:03
    So how is this fair ?
    If you watch any pro sports or college sports, the standings are figured EXACTLY this way.

15. Here
    Moves
    18 May '17 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

Yes but they are only -1 because you made them that way
    In my scoring it would be
    A = 12
    B = 4
    C = 0
    Which is much fairer and rewards actually playing a match not sitting on the sidelines

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree