1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 02:56
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Thread 42358: ExpressiveOutburst: Allow the sender to see info about clan challenges waiting to be accepted.
    This feature would be GREATLY appreciated...it would be nice to see who you matched up with whom, especially if you have many challenges and nobody is responding to them even after several days...
  2. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 07:22
    the 2 I like the best and highly recommend are

thread 41242:allow players to specifically select which clans they are available to play for

thread 47978:develop a clan waiting list to show players that want to join a clan that is full

2 other ideas I thought of are

#1 raise limit of clan members

#2 raise limit of clans that can be joined concurrently
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    13 Apr '07 23:09
    🙂
  4. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 21:18
    Here's just another idea...I've had a lot of trouble recently with clan challenges in the sense that I offer them but the clan leader doesn't even acknowledge, let alone decline/accept/bounce, my challenge, even when I know they're online and I message them. It might be more work than effort, but it would be nice when searching through the clans to have an option to select for only replying with clans whose leader is recently active; this way I would have a better chance of a quick reply if I offered a challenge,
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 19:15
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Here's just another idea...I've had a lot of trouble recently with clan challenges in the sense that I offer them but the clan leader doesn't even acknowledge, let alone decline/accept/bounce, my challenge, even when I know they're online and I message them. It might be more work than effort, but it would be nice when searching through the clans to have ...[text shortened]... tly active; this way I would have a better chance of a quick reply if I offered a challenge,
    However some people are permamently online due to never switching off and so they may appear to be online buy they are in fact offline.

You also have to remember that they may have come online to make some moves and will deal with your challenge request in due course.

Also can you imagine if a clan leader was sitting on 10 fresh challenges, each involving say 5 players, and he has to peruse them all to make sure they are fair, knock back some, accept some and bounce back some with revised pairings.

A lot of work.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    19 Apr '07 21:03
    In Thread 64060 the OP alluded to it, but why not use an ELO system for clans. Therefor you would get quality over quantity. The only problem I can imagine is that the highly ranked clans would not wish to play the new/low ranked clans. You could then have each additional participant in the challenge added to how much the challenge changes the ratings (i.e. increase the value of K).
  7. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 19:18
    As already said, a simple Clan Table improvement is to have the 2007 net points (or past 365 days) as the default for how the table is displayed. The total points ranking can be viewed by clicking. The current system masks the great recent achievements of little clans like Saint Nick's Clan. Adramforall says the top clans will still be at the top - if they are the most active then they deserve to be but there are a few dozen Nottingham Forests in there, ahead of the Chelseas, just because of their long history.
  8. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 19:27
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    the 2 I like the best and highly recommend are

thread 47978:develop a clan waiting list to show players that want to join a clan that is full

agreed.

9. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    06 May '07 00:04
    bump 😉
  10. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    23 May '07 00:41
    Just an idea to consider for the clan homepage.

It would be a convenient, although agreeably not neccesary, addition to have a column on the clan homepage listing how many games were still in progress in each individual challenges.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree