1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 18:081 edit
    Originally posted by LEUR
    and to that I must add: two or three times we have had the player who was over the suggested maximum be the LAST person to enter the tournament forcing the tourney to START...then the club admin is compelled to ask the player to RESIGN his games...a royal pain for BOTH member and club leader...especially when the tourney is an 8 player round robin...
    The main problem with rating restrictions in the Club format will be that you have a separate Club Rating which bears little resemblance to your RHP rating.

If you start a 1400-1600 rated tournament is that for people whose Club rating is within these parameters of for players whose main RHP rating is with these parameters.

I can imagine the hassle when you start a ratings restricted 1400-1600 tournament and players with a Club rating within these paramemers find themselves unable to enter and start sending PM's asking you why not.

You might also find that players with a Club rating of 1200 will not look at these tournaments as it is greater than their Club rating.

A quick look at In Vino Veritas club shows the highest rated players are

FabianFnas Club rating 1573 RHP rating 2248
    Checkagain Club rating 1560 RHP rating 2018
    Tukumnieks Club rating 1492 RHP rating 1737
    kristjan Club rating 1460 RHP rating 1613

Their Club ratings are close but their RHP ratings are massively different.
  2. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 18:57
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The main problem with rating restrictions in the Club format will be that you have a separate [b]Club Rating which bears little resemblance to your RHP rating.

If you start a 1400-1600 rated tournament is that for people whose Club rating is within these parameters of for players whose main RHP rating is with these parameters.

I can imagine th ...[text shortened]... rating 1613

Their Club ratings are close but their RHP ratings are massively different.[/b]
    ...it only takes once to explain to club members that TOURNAMENT ENTRY is the applicable rating...
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 20:19
    ...40!!!...THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!!
    ¡Viva la Revolución!
  4. Joined
    05 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 09:14
    I support this 😀
  5. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 12:52
    Originally posted by berwick exile
    I support this 😀
    "I hope you've hit the 'send feedback' also, I have...THE most direct link to admin, unfortunately Russ the boss man is away on holiday but if enough folk send the same feedback topic, ALL he'd see in his inbox is club related ..."

...a good suggestion from REV R SLEEKER in the club MUTI...
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 12:51
    I'm not sure that a sledgehammer is the right implement here - and I notice we have 60 recs now ... 😀
  7. Joined
    16 May '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 14:57
    More club features would be great. they are rebounding

Madman - Reckless Players Club organizer
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 17:25
    WOW 60 thumbs up!!!

Has there ever been that much agreement in RHP history?
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 20:56
    Thumbs up from me
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '11 21:40
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    WOW 60 thumbs up!!!

Has there ever been that much agreement in RHP history?
    only when calling you an idiot 😛
  11. Subscriberskunkdup
    Old Age Raver
    Aberdeen Scotland
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 15:43
    I agree too.........
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 11:38
    Ok guys, you have been heard, the rating issue may cause confusion, but I'll look at it.
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 12:10
    ...it only takes once to explain to club members that TOURNAMENT ENTRY is the applicable rating...

But

and to that I must add: two or three times we have had the player who was over the suggested maximum be the LAST person to enter the tournament forcing the tourney to START...then the club admin is compelled to as ...[text shortened]... pain for BOTH member and club leader...especially when the tourney is an 8 player round robin...
    You say that now but people cannot read simple instructions when it comes to joining "rate restricted" club tournaments as it is so what make you think that telling them this will make a difference?

P.S. I still think it's a good idea.
  14. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 00:43
    Originally posted by adramforall
    You say that now but people cannot read simple instructions when it comes to joining "rate restricted" club tournaments as it is so what make you think that telling them this will make a difference?

P.S. I still think it's a good idea.
    ...thank you sir...
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 01:43
    Originally posted by Russ
    Ok guys, you have been heard, the rating issue may cause confusion, but I'll look at it.
    the simple solution would to remove club ratings and replace them with some kind of win/lose percentage table.

no confusion over which rating is being used for club tournament entry without removing ranks within the club.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree