12 Aug '11 12:45
    29 recommendations!

Are you listening, Russ?
  2. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 16:21
    I enter and leave club tournies all the time, when i check who is ignoring the restrictons, so automatic restrictions would be great.

Get onto it Russ please
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    12 Aug '11 23:07
    Originally posted by LEUR
    ...club leaders who like to create lots of tournaments:
    ...club members who like to play in lots of CLUB tournaments:
    send feedback to RUSS asking for automatic acceptance/decline in tournaments with ratings minimum-maximum stated (banded) and a players minimum-maximum as well...JUST LIKE THE SITE TOURNAMENTS WORK...
    yes sir, I agree.
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 00:47
    There are cretins here that try to take advantage of the rate restrictions within club tournies all the time, sometimes vastly over rated they join and are promptly asked to vacate but ignore the messages..there are numerous examples of entire tournies being withdrawn because these cretins think they've beaten the system and therefore they can take it for an easy points ride..it's true, ask a club boss, they'll know these same old 'suspects'...in the RHP tournies they will continue to manipulate their own rate as much as they can but if the official site tournies won't accept a 1700 TER from entering a <1500 affair, then why on earth can't the same automated system be applied across the board ??
  5. Standard membermegamaster
    Xelenal of Epaland
    Epaladian Sea
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 01:36
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    There are cretins here that try to take advantage of the rate restrictions within club tournies all the time, sometimes vastly over rated they join and are promptly asked to vacate but ignore the messages..there are numerous examples of entire tournies being withdrawn because these cretins think they've beaten the system and therefore they can take it fo ...[text shortened]... affair, then why on earth can't the same automated system be applied across the board ??
    People do it my club.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 04:27
    send feedback to RUSS asking for automatic acceptance/decline in tournaments with ratings minimum-maximum stated (banded) and a players minimum-maximum as well...JUST LIKE THE SITE TOURNAMENTS WORK...
    Jesus Mary and Joseph, 34 recs, this must be a great idea, or the caps at the end bedazzled 'em. 🙂
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 05:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Jesus Mary and Joseph, 34 recs, this must be a great idea, or the caps at the end bedazzled 'em. 🙂
    We're all hypnotised by it obviously, ''you WILL recommend this post...doom to all who do not''...and now you're trying it also, subliminally, with that pretty female eye on the left here 😉 Please don't tell me it's your own 😛
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 07:07
    There are at least 34 frustrated club leaders reading this forum thread.
  9. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 12:51
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There are at least 34 frustrated club leaders reading this forum thread.
    ...40!!!...THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!!!
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 13:27
    good idea
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 13:31
    44 recommendations - and not a peep out of Russ - must be the silly season again. 🙁
  12. SubscriberZorroTheFox
    MAP since 090214!
    Round Rock, TX
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 17:03
    Agree.

I have tried to enter tournaments and it restricted me to enter because I was not qualified.

However, in Club Tournaments, I have entered unknowingly without any problems. Other players have alerted me that I am playing weaker players. So, I was able to withdraw without losing any rating points.

Thus, there should be a system to avoid knowingly and unknowingly entering tournaments which you are not qualified to play.
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 17:24
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    44 recommendations - and not a peep out of Russ - must be the silly season again. 🙁
    Give the poor man a break he's on bluddy holiday

User 1
  14. Devon uk.
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 18:00
    great idea should have been done long ago
  15. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    13 Aug '11 18:15
    Originally posted by ZorroTheFox
    Agree.

I have tried to enter tournaments and it restricted me to enter because I was not qualified.

However, in Club Tournaments, I have entered unknowingly without any problems. Other players have alerted me that I am playing weaker players. So, I was able to withdraw without losing any rating points.

Thus, there should be a system to avoid knowingly and unknowingly entering tournaments which you are not qualified to play.
    and to that I must add: two or three times we have had the player who was over the suggested maximum be the LAST person to enter the tournament forcing the tourney to START...then the club admin is compelled to ask the player to RESIGN his games...a royal pain for BOTH member and club leader...especially when the tourney is an 8 player round robin...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree