1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 01:091 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    This is something that has annoyed me about this site since i joined. When you have less than 24 hours left in your timebank, the site waits until your move time has run out, then brings up a red clock with your remaining time. I feel this isn't really very useful, if you have say, 10 minutes of timebank left, then the red clock doesn't appear until you ly the way the system was meant to work originally but got missed somehow...

Cheers 🙂
    I have a big problem with not knowing when my opponent is about to time out.

As it stands now, when they cut into their timebank a little reminder thing appears where I can message him if I want to.

Now, if he moves, that reminder thing is gone and stays gone. He could be down to 1 minute and I would have no way of knowing unless I go into each individual game and view the time left.

I have currently 4 pages of games. Sometimes over 7. Way to tedious of a task to try to keep up with it.

Some little symbol on the games in progress page showing they are about to get a skull ( say within 24 hours) would be much more beneficial.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 16:23
    Originally posted by utherpendragon

As it stands now, when they cut into their timebank a little reminder thing appears where I can message him if I want to.

Now, if he moves, that reminder thing is gone and stays gone. He could be down to 1 minute and I would have no way of knowing unless I go into each ...[text shortened]... page showing they are about to get a skull ( say within 24 hours) would be much more beneficial.
    Just wait until the skull appears.If you play a move in a game and then go back to your game list, the skulls do appear quite quickly.
    I once got fed up with a player playing his move every time at the last minute so I sat up one night and waited for the skull!!
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 18:19

Now, if he moves, that reminder thing is gone and stays gone. He could be down to 1 minute and I would have no way of knowing unless I go into each ...[text shortened]... page showing they are about to get a skull ( say within 24 hours) would be much more beneficial.
    If you click 'Time' on my games page it orders the games by how much time is left. Might help.. 🙂
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    28 Nov '11 21:02
    Aw boo hoo.

Just play the bluddy game.

I bet you stay up late and set your alarm for early morning skulling.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 04:37
    If you click 'Time' on my games page it orders the games by how much time is left. Might help.. 🙂
    Thanks. I just did that and now I am totally confused ! LOL. I cant seem to get it back the way it was though. I had it where the last person who made a move went to the top of page one.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 04:46
    Originally posted by venda
    Just wait until the skull appears.If you play a move in a game and then go back to your game list, the skulls do appear quite quickly.
    I once got fed up with a player playing his move every time at the last minute so I sat up one night and waited for the skull!!
    I hear ya. Time management is a intricate part of the game.
    Playing OTB you got the clocks right in front of you. I know how much time I have left and them me.
    Playing this way is like doing a 100 simoe's and all of your opponents clocks are tucked away somewhere out of view.
    It can get very frustrating.
  7. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 11:58
    Either click 'game id' or 'last move', depends which way you had it set up before... 😉
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 15:09
    Either click 'game id' or 'last move', depends which way you had it set up before... 😉
    thanks. I got it now.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 18:13
    perhaps im missing something here, my 24 hour clock seems to work perfectly, if i have 20 hours of time bank left, and im down to say, three hours left of normal time to move, my 24 hour clock has always come on in my my games list ... hmmm ... isnt that the way it is supposed to be? never had a problem with it ...
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:03
    Well, that can work but what if you are playing more than 10 1day 0 timebank games? Or if you are short on time in 100 games? Being able to easily at a glance which games require a move in the next 24 hours strikes me as being the most useful way of doing it..
    Live by the 1/0, die by the 1/0.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree