1. Joined
    06 Feb '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 22:19
    I think it would be useful to have an option in the tournament view page to not move to the next round, even though you might have qualified.

I guess people going away for a prolonged time could make use of this, especially since some tournaments have a tendency to last for months!

Another case is the one I am in at the moment: I dropped off the site for a couple of months and upon my return I enlisted in the first tournament I could: Tournament 1341

I have now progressed somewhat in rating and really don't want to compete in that tournament anymore as I prefer to play stronger opposition. Unfortunately I don't have the option to drop out and leave the fun to the other guys playing there.

So would appreciate that option! So now I am kind of forced to play the games with the possible outcome of taking away the tournament win from someone else who probably worked much harder to get into the higher rounds anyway.

Anyone else thinks this is a useful feature?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 22:25
    when the next round starts you can just resign all your games, it won't affect your rating.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 Nov '06 23:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 13:20
    Originally posted by trevor33
    when the next round starts you can just resign all your games, it won't affect your rating.
    why woudnt it?
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 13:27
    Originally posted by Tiago Silva
    why woudnt it?
    Any games less than 3 ply do not affect your rating, though they will show up as losses in your profile.
  6. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 15:46
    Originally posted by zebano
    Any games less than 3 ply do not affect your rating, though they will show up as losses in your profile.
    I think you'll find that they do count in tournaments.
  7. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Nov '06 18:42
    Originally posted by c99ux
    I think you'll find that they do count in tournaments.
    In tournaments if you resign without moving then your rating isn't affected. I don't know if it's possible to resign a game after 3 ply without your rating being affected, but 0 or 1 (if black) ply definetly works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree