1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:15
    There should/could be a spot on the RHP where some feature games are displayed as they are played. Maybe the highest rated matched players at the time. I suppose only those games that can be currently displayed for everyone see would be eligible. We could take the top three and once one ended go after another so we see the games from
    stort till they are completed.
    Kelly
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:24
    These new pages are about to become part of the site proper soon, and they do feature the games most people are interested in.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/comhub/stats/bookmarksstats.php?iswatch=true

-Russ
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    There should/could be a spot on the RHP where some feature games are displayed as they are played. Maybe the highest rated matched players at the time. I suppose only those games that can be currently displayed for everyone see would be eligible. We could take the top three and once one ended go after another so we see the games from
    stort till they are completed.
    Kelly
    I had a similar proposal once, described in Thread 42150, "One mover a day"

In order to demonstrate the idea, so close of my proposal as possible, I created Thread 42736, where I presented one new move, with corresponding position, every day until the game was over. It went quite popular, people commenting, guessing the next move, and such.

The idea was that two of our top ranked members would play a secret game with eachother, and that game was to be presented move after move, one move a day, with comments from them selves or by the readers.

This idea of mine is similar to yours, isn't it?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:29
    Originally posted by Russ
    These new pages are about to become part of the site proper soon, and they do feature the games most people are interested in.

-Russ
    Wow, Russ, you are my hero!

The only drawback is that we can't comment on them until they are finished...

It would be nice to have some game going that we really can comment as they go.

...but I am still happy with this new feature!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:291 edit
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Well that gives me a warm and fuzzy, thanks something to look forward
    to.
    Kelly
    😏
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '08 17:302 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Wow, Russ, you are my hero!

The only drawback is that we can't comment on them until they are finished...

It would be nice to have some game going that we really can comment as they go.

...but I am still happy with this new feature!
    I thought about comments too, but it would give the players some
    thing to read that they shouldn't have. After game comments would
    still be nice.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree