1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 18:56
    i demand, that right DEMAND

that public forums ban be separate from private forums.

private forums are private admin censored, often uncensored so what is a bannable offence in public might be quite funny in private.

what's that you say? people wouldn't care what they posted in public because they could take a 3 day ban and continue posting in private? WRONG - public forum bans would be increased in time. no more 3 days- minimum 7 days.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 21:321 edit
    Originally posted by trev33

private forums are private admin censored, often uncensored so what is a bannable offence in public might be quite funny in private.

what's that you say? people wouldn't care what they posted in public because they could take a 3 day ban and continue posting in private? WRONG - public forum bans would be increased in time. no more 3 days- minimum 7 days.
    I don't think there should be a minimum number of days for banning. Keeping it flexible allows more discretion. Not all offenses deserve a 7-day ban.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 21:39

Russ thought he might do this.

I was glad I was able to talk him out of it.

Now Behave.

P-
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 21:40
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I don't think there should be a minimum number of days for banning. Keeping it flexible allows more discretion. Not all offenses deserve a 7-day ban.
    i know, what i was saying is that higher bans could be given out to deter people from posting things not caring about a 3 day public ban because they could still post in private forums.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 21:41
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Now Behave.

P-
    *sending feedback* 😏
  6. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 00:20

Now Behave.

P-
    So YOUR the culprit...
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 02:28
    i know, what i was saying is that higher bans could be given out to deter people from posting things not caring about a 3 day public ban because they could still post in private forums.
    I couldn't post in Private Forum on my GF ban.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 09:20
    For the first time I find myself agreeing with Trev 🙁
    I received a forum ban last year which prevented me from posting in public. However the same content posted in public forum is/was OK in the private forums. Therefore to prevent private forum posting in my view is totally wrong.

If the posting offence committed is so blatently wrong that it is not allowed in public or private forums then a ban across the board would be acceptable otherwise just where the offence was commited.

If you were to be barred from a pub for wrong behaviour you are not banned from every pub in town.
  9. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:071 edit

Never going to happen, though I agree it should be OK to post in your private forums.

The whole idea of the forum ban, however, is to make you think about what you did and prevent you from doing the same again.

Bans, however, are all down to how others perceive you. Two people can post the same obfuscated obscenity but only one gets banned because they are perceived as being a pain and their post is removed.

The Mods would have us believe Robomod allegedly picks up many of these obfuscations but that is utter rubbish. When you query this with them you get no reply.

For example google search the site for f ck put an * after the f brings up all these examples which have not been removed, which means the posters have not been warned

http://tinyurl.com/d2mfw6

How diffficult would it be for a mod to do the same google search, or make it an automated process and remove the offending obfuscated swearwords and warn the posters?

You just have to accept that some people will hate you with a vengeance and if you post something they can report, then they will do so.
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 11:47
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Never going to happen, though I agree it should be OK to post in your private forums.

The whole idea of the forum ban, however, is to make you think about what you did and prevent you from doing the same again.

Bans, however, are all down to how others perceive you. Two people can post the same obfuscated obscenity but only one gets banned because ...[text shortened]... will hate you with a vengeance and if you post something they can report, then they will do so.
    The excuse I was given at the time was that another user alerted my post/posts. If this is the case then all it requires is a stalker and you will get banned.

The idea re a forum ban being in place to make you think about what you did post.
    I thought about my posts and feel to this day that I did not use bad language, I post factually correct material. Therefore should not have received a ban other than the fact that I had a stalker.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 16:06
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    The excuse I was given at the time was that another user alerted my post/posts. If this is the case then all it requires is a stalker and you will get banned.

The idea re a forum ban being in place to make you think about what you did post.
    I thought about my posts and feel to this day that I did not use bad language, I post factually correct material. Therefore should not have received a ban other than the fact that I had a stalker.
    Excuse me. You were warned twice not to make cheating accusations, or insinuations a player might be cheating. This is a pretty standard rule.

Only after the third time when in a thread about cheating at RHP you pointed out another users graph. After your other 2 warnings on the subject you received a ban.

Any alerts are reviewed. Someone having 'a stalker' isn't the reason you were banned, it was earned after you decided to ignore warnings about making accusations as veiled as you may think they were, or unintentional. It was rather clear what you were doing to the moderation team and is all recorded for admins to review if you feel you'd like to send some feedback.

As for why I am posting this in public, it is to clear it up since you are saying that you were framed. That is not the case.

P-
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 16:26
    Excuse me. You were warned twice not to make cheating accusations, or insinuations a player might be cheating. This is a pretty standard rule.

Only after the third time when in a thread about cheating at RHP you pointed out another users graph. After your other 2 warnings on the subject you received a ban.

Any alerts are reviewed. Someone having ...[text shortened]... it is to clear it up since you are saying that you were framed. That is not the case.

P-
    WOW 2 warnings: I only get one warning then forum ban! Rather I deserve it or not. 😛 😉
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 16:36
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    WOW 2 warnings: I only get one warning then forum ban! Rather I deserve it or not. 😛 😉
    This is also not true, you did received 2 warnings before you received a ban. This info is also easy for an admin to view.

P-
  15. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:38
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I never get a warning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree