1. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 00:51
    Instead of endless speculation about who's been banned and how long for and what for, could we have a Currently Banned from Forums thread showing poster and length of ban and brief nature of offence, e.g. FredNerk - 3 days - bullying.

The more information is available, the less interest in the contents.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:54

4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:56

5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 13:57
    You should know that this is a non starter based merely upon 'privacy', and the fact that any forum ban is merely the result of a single moderators opinion ( still the case ? )...I can see the site owners cringing not just at WHY on earth the poor chap was banned in the first place, but at the thought of just how folk could \ would be 'labelled' by their peers once the banning moderator adds his own comments to the thread with examples such as: ''HarkTheHeraldAngelSings - Life Forum \ Messaging Ban - Lewd \ Crude \ Suggestive conduct''....many RHP members may well find it 'interesting' to raise the topic on a regular basis, all to find out just what REALLY excited the said Bobby B...and with whom naturally 😀
    I think it's sometimes just best that we're consistently kept in the dark here...just my opinion of course...
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 22:13
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Instead of endless speculation about who's been banned and how long for and what for, could we have a Currently Banned from Forums thread showing poster and length of ban and brief nature of offence, e.g. FredNerk - 3 days - bullying.

imagine the lawsuits lol
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Feb '13 05:06
    I suppose it's defamation of the character of your sock-puppet ....
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Feb '13 20:21
    Your honour,

I appear for the defence and I shall represent
    Mr. Sock Puppet to the best of my ability and
    ask for the full rigors of the law to be applied
    to his detractors.

We shall prove that he is innocent of all foot odour
    and shall demand a five figure sum in damages.
    One for each of his toes.
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 02:57
    A 'sock puppet'... I obviously need to refer to one of the 'web speak' sites....
    what the goodness is 'it' ??
  10. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Feb '13 03:47
    Wikipedia quote:
    A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term—a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock—originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an internet community who spoke to, or about himself while pretending to be another person.

Sockpuppets on RHP may be accounts created specifically to defend their owner's normal RHP identity, but let's face it, we're ALL sockpuppets of our real-life personalities.
  11. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 15:02

You must be new to the internet.
  12. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 02:32

13. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 02:35
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    You must be new to the internet.
    lol...you must be new to the site...
  14. Standard memberjohnyg
    Metallica is weak
    better then here!
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 01:11

As someone coming off a month ban (for making a (non-TOS-violating) suggestion in this forum), I would support a public list stating why and when someone was banned.

As for the 'privacy' issue.. seems like a weak excuse to protect repeat violators.
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 02:24
    Originally posted by johnyg
    As someone coming off a month ban (for making a (non-TOS-violating) suggestion in this forum), I would support a public list stating why and when someone was banned.

As for the 'privacy' issue.. seems like a weak excuse to protect repeat violators.
    'They' will just ban whoever, and whenever, if they feel the boundaries of even idle banter are needlessly pushed...it's all subjective, based merely upon the opinion of one person ( at the end of the day ). If your name is consistently brought to their attention, by whatever means, then surely that person will feel justification for doing as they please, and furthermore extending whatever ban they saw fit in the first place...remember, we can complain about others just as others may complain about us...but there's no recourse, as much as we can bleat on here, it's a done deal when the hatch drops...
    The crux; just play chess... 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree